Before we get to the weekly roundup, let’s talk about the headliner. The blog got a new look. Yippee!!! I hope you like it as much as I do. It was time for a facelift and a little polishing. Change is hard and I’m not a fan, but it’s also good. I hope you’ll poke around and check it out.
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK…
I had a busy week work wise. Monday I shot photos for Chico’s and I shared one of those looks Wednesday.
Tuesday I met my friend Nanette to shoot some Gibsonlook outfits. Nanette and I are both 5’3′ but wear different sizes and thought it would be fun to show the same pieces on two body types. You can watch that here. We had fun, and she’s really good at putting Reels together. You can use the code LISA10 on any of the pieces in the Reel.
- Have I mentioned Katie got chickens? YES! About 6 weeks ago. You can watch this REEL and see how she got them and how tiny they were. She and Sam (the boyfriend❤️) have built the most adorable chicken coop that is on his parents farm about an hour from Nashville. Is this not the cutest chicken coop ever?! It’s Southern Living worthy! Sadly, last weekend a neighbors dog somehow got in the temporary pin the chicks were in and killed them…all of them. Katie was devastated, and so was I. Now it’s back to the beginning. More chicks will be delivered this week. They have to be 6 weeks old to go in the coop, and that was supposed to happen this week. We are seriously just in disbelief that happened. 💔 The good news is, their new home awaits as soon as they reach the 6 week milestone again.
- While we’re talking about the chicks, here’s an article on the difference in brown and white eggs. Did you also know that different kinds of chicks lay different colors of eggs? Yes. Katie wants to eventually get some that lay the pretty pastel eggs. I think that would be really fun too.
NEW & NOTEWORTHY…
- I’m running low on concealer and I’m waiting on Tarte to have a good sale, but I also wanted to explore some other options. I’ve heard great things about the Trish McEvoy Instant Eye Lift Under Eye Concealer. I tried it recently when I was in Nordstrom and was underwhelmed. Have you tried it? I picked up this Elf Camo Hydrating Concealer and so far I like it. It’s not too thick, and not too thin. I haven’t decided if it’s as much coverage as I would like, but I’m leaning towards thinking it’s a good find.
- SPANX is on a roll. I’ve received quite a few new pieces recently and shared them on Instagram. Y’all know I’m a huge fan of the Air Essentials line. They’ve released some new crew “sweatshirts” and holy softness Batman. They are good. They come in 6 colors and so far I have two. Use my code LISAXSPANX and get 10% off.
SALES & STEALS…
This might be the best part of the weekly roundup. It’s President’s Weekend and with that comes a lot of sales. You might be interested in some of these.
- Would it even be a weekend if Loft didn’t have a sale? HA! They are clearing out all the winter things and prices are L O W !!!
- AVARA is having 30% off the entire sale collection with code SALE30.
- Vince Camuto is also having 30% off sale prices with code SALE30. You can snatch up my tall suede boots for only $70.
- J Crew has 40% off sitewide. I just got this blouse and it’s darling. It’s on sale and the code doesn’t work on it. Womp-womp! Use code WEEKEND.
- J Crew Factory has 50% off sitewide
- Banana Republic Factory has 50% off sitewide with an additional 25%off if you have a GAP card.
- Abercrombie & Fitch has 20% Off Almost Everything When You Buy 3+ Items or 15% Off 2 Items
- $20 off $75
- $40 off $125
- Colleen Rothschild Customer Appreciation Sale.
- $25 off $100 code HAPPY25
- $50 off $200 code HAPPY50
- $75 off $300 code HAPPY75
- CHICO’S is having Buy More, Save More
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. You can also sign up to receive blog posts by email whenever a new one is published. Just scroll to the top and put your email in on the right.