Striped Dress for Now and Later

Hey friends! I hope you’re having a great week. I placed an order at Target recently and ordered a few dresses. I saw this striped dress and thought it would be good for now and later. This has been quite the year, and by ‘this’ I don’t mean 2021, I mean the last 12 months. We’re going into the 11th month of this “era”. I don’t know about you, but I’ve done less shopping in the last 12 months that any other year. I’ve really tried not to buy much. That being said, it’s not realistic that we aren’t going to purchase any new items for our closets. What is a good idea, is to purchase things that are versatile and have longevity. A striped dress for now and later is a piece that falls into that category.

Thanks heavens our friends at Target continue to come through with pieces that are nice quality, on trend and a good price point. What did we do before Che’ Tarjet? (I may have totally spelled that wrong?) This dress has the sweet puff sleeve that is so on trend. I’m here to tell you that I’m totally here for that trend. I loved my shoulder pads back in the day, and I think the puff sleeves, give a little of that same vibe. They came on strong in the fall, and it looks like they are sticking around for spring. #praisehands

A long tee shirt dress is a closet classic, and a striped one is even better. I love stripes. A lot of people feel like stripes aren’t flattering, but I always found that to be false. I think stripes are actually very flattering. A dress like this also lends itself to layering, and what better piece to add than a good denim jacket. The one I’m currently loving is from Chico’s. I love both the cut and fabric, and it comes in regular and petite. I have the regular, and love the fit, but I could probably have also easily worn the petite.

So now I want to talk about something you don’t see. What’s underneath the dress. I received some new shapewear from a company called Honeylove. It’s based here in California and is the brain child of a woman who was a professional singer and could never find the kind shapewear she really liked. She worked for two years on the design of these pieces, and I’ve gotta’ say, she did a great job. I received the LiftWear Cami and the SuperPower Short. Both are truly great pieces. When I’m wearing a dress with a closer silhouette, I often like to make sure everything is tucked in all nice and neat. Nobody wants to look bumpy and lumpy. These are also great pieces to have for dressy occasions and special events. I wore some pieces very similar under my Mother of the Groom dress, and felt much more confident than I would have without it. Check out the Honeylove site and use my code COAST10 for 10% off. If you want more details, I’m sharing these two in my Instagram stories today.

Did I convince you that a striped dress is good for now and later? I hope so. If stripes aren’t for you, this dress comes in a handful of solids too.

It’s Wednesday and you know what that means…it’s time for our Style Six linkup. Make sure you stop by some of the other blogs and see what they’re sharing today.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1. February 10, 2021 / 6:42 am

A striped dress is a closet must have! Your dress is darling with the puff sleeves!

• February 10, 2021 / 3:23 pm

You are so right, Jill!! They always seem to be in style XO

2. Mireille
    February 10, 2021 / 10:11 am

I have a wide striped dress that I love despite not being the most flattering, not sure if it is the size of the stripes or the cut of the dress but it definitely looks better when I wear some typed of undergarment to smooth everything out.

3. February 10, 2021 / 10:38 am

ohhhh i really love this dress! Just added it to my cart and wondering if i can make it work for the last 6 weeks of pregnancy 🙂 So cute!

• February 10, 2021 / 3:20 pm

I’m gonna’ say no 😉 There’s not much wiggle room in it, but if you weren’t PG it would be darling. XO

4. February 10, 2021 / 10:46 am

That dress is SO cute! The length is pretty good on you too. I always tell customers at work not to be afraid of stripes too. Especially when they are thinner stripes. They are not the enemy people! Haha. Anyway!! I was just telling my husband last night that I feel like I have been more financially response this past year. The hardest part for me is when I am at work. Sometimes we get SO many cute things and I struggle with the temptation haha. Have a great day! XO

• February 10, 2021 / 3:09 pm

Thanks girlie! Where do you work, Caroline? I don’t think I know. XO

• February 11, 2021 / 10:25 am

Evereve! We have stores across the country so check us out! XO

• February 10, 2021 / 3:03 pm

Thanks Melissa! I really do like the Honeylove pieces. Always good to have at the ready. XO

February 10, 2021 / 4:38 am

Love the puff sleeves on that dress. Wish I could say I have shopped less in the last year but that is not the case for me, apparently nothing can keep a crazy woman down!

• February 10, 2021 / 3:24 pm

Oh you silly girl…I don’t think you’ve bought as much, so there ya’ go. XO

6. February 10, 2021 / 6:29 am

What a great striped dress! 🙂 I haven’t always tracked my spending on fashion but last year was the lowest spend year from all the years I’ve been tracking it, easily! I agree you want to buy pieces like this that are practical and can be reworn a lot 🙂 I don’t think you need the shapewear though! 😉 You look great!

Hope your week is going well 🙂

Away From Blue

• February 10, 2021 / 3:23 pm

I wouldn’t say I track it, but I just know I’ve done a ton of returns. LOL

February 10, 2021 / 7:33 am

You look just dynamite in that striped dress! I don’t think they ever go out of style. I have one from 10 years ago that I always wear with a denim jacket that I still have in my closet and love! You look so sweet too.

• February 10, 2021 / 3:23 pm

Isn’t it just great the way some pieces have such staying power? XO

8. February 10, 2021 / 3:49 pm

This dress is the cutest ever!! I love- we call this a Marinière in French:) xx

9. Peggy Beard Gregory
    February 10, 2021 / 9:01 am

Love this striped dress. Just pinned this on my Outfit of the Day board. Also, zipped over the the Target website and ordered it. I love that the stripes match at the seams. That is a must for me. Thanks.

10. February 10, 2021 / 5:57 pm

That dress is so cute! I love the addition of the puffed sleeves so you can wear it now, too. Tar-jay (sp?) does it again!

xx Darlene

• February 11, 2021 / 10:39 am

You know it! What did we do before the bulls eye? XO

February 10, 2021 / 6:32 pm

So cute but I am terrified of stripes!!

• February 11, 2021 / 10:39 am

My advice…don’t be! Try them, I bet you’d look super cute!!! XOXO

12. February 10, 2021 / 11:05 pm

What a cute dress. I have a striped dress from Target that I love. So very flexible.

• February 11, 2021 / 10:38 am

Hey Daenel! Thank you so much! Yes, a think a striped dress is timeless, and Target for the win!! XO

13. February 10, 2021 / 10:52 pm

That striped dress is great! It took me ages to find the perfect striped dress. Love it with those booties!

• February 11, 2021 / 10:38 am

Aw, thanks Laura!!! I think this one could be belted too. XO

14. leaculp
    February 11, 2021 / 1:11 pm

Well, I could not help myself. I just ordered NOT one but two of those dresses, the striped and the charcoal grey. Love them! You are not good for what ails me at all. Always fun to stop by!

15. February 13, 2021 / 1:28 pm

What a cute lil dress! It looks that perfect blend of comfy and put-together!