Perfect Sweater Dress for Thanksgiving

Happy Wednesday! Have you noticed sweater dresses are “all the rage”? Well in case you haven’t, let me just tell you that they are. HA! Today I have the perfect sweater dress for Thanksgiving to share. This is the sweater dress all others should be measured against. Seriously, it’s so good, I could stop here…but when have we ever known me to do that. LOL

There’s literally not a single detail about this dress I don’t love. LITERALLY! It checks all the boxes from the puff sleeves, to the long cuffs. The length is perfect on me, and if you are taller, I think it will still work. I’ve seen it belted, which draws it up, and that looks cute too. Oh, and it’s also available in navy.

I added my long stone statement necklace. This necklace is good year round. So good, I have it in 3 colors. It jazzes up most any outfit. Even though this is a statement necklace, I added a pair of Nickel & Suede earrings in a leopard print. The leopard is a nice addition with such a neutral palette.

I have a secret. What you can’t see is the “power shorts” I’m wearing under this dress. Whenever I have on a dress that’s styled like this, I like a little insurance that things look smooth. I have power shorts in nude and black. They work not only under dresses, but if you have on a pair of pants that could use a little smoothing.

I also wanted to share this coat with you. I’m going to do an outerwear post soon, but this coat will be included in a lot of Black Friday sales. I’ve already found it for 30% off here. I bought it to wear when we went to New York for Thanksgiving, but thanks to our friend “Covid”, that got derailed. Womp-womp. I also bought this version for Kent, it’s not on sale (yet), but this one is, and Benny has it. He actually has both styles and love both. The good news is these Patagonia coats are super warm, and they never seem to go out of style. It’s light, but warm, and layered over this sweater dress well. I did size up to a medium.

SHOP THIS POST and the perfect sweater dress for Thanksgiving here

My pick from last weeks linkup is Iris from La Moumous. She looks so elegant and chic.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1. November 18, 2020 / 3:57 am

What a cosy dress! it looks so good on you and is perfect for autumn 🙂 I really like the tall boots with it and your tree looks lovely!

Thanks for the link up 🙂

Hope you are having a good week 🙂

Away From The Blue

2. November 18, 2020 / 4:09 am

This dress is fabulous, Lisa! And I am loving your boots, too. Cute puffer coats are a must where I live in NY! am so sorry that your Thanksgiving plans were derailed. Mine just were as well as of last night when PA changed their travel rules. Oh well!

Shelbee

• November 19, 2020 / 7:41 pm

Thanks Shelbee! I’m so sad these boots aren’t available anymore. They’re so good. XO

November 18, 2020 / 4:32 am

I have been eyeing the sweater dresses too, I remember having one back in the 80’s! Your tree is beautiful and so are you my friend!

• November 19, 2020 / 7:41 pm

You’re such a sweetheart. Thank you. This dress is fantastic. XO

November 18, 2020 / 4:48 am

It is perfect! And I just love those boots and your tree looks fabulous! Have a wonderful Wednesday my sweet friend! xo

• November 19, 2020 / 7:41 pm

Thanks so much precious friend. This dress is perfect! XO

5. November 18, 2020 / 11:56 am

Such an adorable sweater dress- and great for Christmas and onward! xx

6. Maureen
    November 18, 2020 / 12:51 pm

You had me at sweater dress! It’s literally one of the things I look forward to come the cooler months. I love this one you are wearing. The color is beautiful and the puff sleeves are so fun! It looks great with your puffer coat. Perfect holiday outfit!

Maureen | http://www.littlemisscasual.com

• November 19, 2020 / 7:34 pm

This dress really is about as perfect as they come. XO

7. November 18, 2020 / 10:45 pm

Oh, I love that dress on you! Isn’t it a great sweater dress? And the price was right! Nice decorations, too. I’ll get to mine at some point…I have a puffy coat I’m planning to share, too. Must be that time of year, right? Have a great day!

xx Darlene

• November 19, 2020 / 7:33 pm

It really is! You look fantastic in it too, and I loved how you belted it. XO

8. November 19, 2020 / 2:00 am

You look lovey and cozy!

• November 19, 2020 / 7:33 pm

Thanks Joanne! I’m seriously in love with this dress. XO

9. November 19, 2020 / 10:21 am

Big fan of sweater dresses! This looks substaintial and I love the sleeves. Beautiful neutral look on you! The boots look grest with it. We are getting our floors done, but once that is done, we are working on the Christmas decor, pretty tree!!

10. November 19, 2020 / 5:15 am

I 100% agree with you! This dress has it all and just yesterday I wore one totally identical to it that I just purchased. You look absolutely stunning in it and next to the Christmas tree! Beautiful tree and beautiful you.

bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

11. November 19, 2020 / 10:21 am

• November 19, 2020 / 7:32 pm

Jess, it’s so well made. I love it, and it’s super comfy! XO

12. November 19, 2020 / 10:25 am

Perfect dress for Thanksgiving – stylish and comfy! Your festive tree is gorgeous.

November 19, 2020 / 5:44 pm

Ok, you are as cute as can be here! I love the length of your hair, that dress is gorgeous on you and your tree is SOOO beautiful! And, I have been wanting to get a basket base for my tree, where did you find yours?

• November 19, 2020 / 7:32 pm

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! AND I got the tree collar at Hobby Lobby. They had quite a few different kinds. I love it!!! XOXO

14. November 20, 2020 / 8:08 pm

Your tree looks amazing! You did a fantastic job! I’ve never heard of a tree collar until you mentioned and now I think I need one! Haha! Love your sweater dress too!