What You Might Be Missing

A lot of states are starting to slowly open back up, but we don’t appear to be one of them. I’m a little worried we may never. #kindakidding How are you holding up? I’d say I’ve done pretty well, but yesterday I was kind of in a little funk. Katie said she was too, so at least I wasn’t alone. LOL

Are you following along on Instagram? If you’re not (and why wouldn’t you?), you should change that. I put a lot of things on Instagram and LiketoKnow.it that don’t make it to this space. Today let’s look at what you might be missing.

Linking up for…

Bedroom Makeover, Coast to Coast

Did you know when I was planning for college, I wanted to be an Interior Designer? It’s true, but the college I wanted to attend didn’t offer that as a degree, so I altered my path. I did however receive a minor in Int.Design, so it’s no wonder I’ve always enjoyed decorating, and helping friends decorate. One thing I love doing is creating collages for IG and LTK. Recently I was playing around with a little bedroom refresh idea. I’m currently in love with the idea of navy furniture and some shiny accessories. And of course faux plants are always the perfect accent and/or filler.

BEAUTY FAVORITES, COAST TO COAST

This was another post I did this week with some of my current beauty favorites. Some are old favs and some are on the newer end, but they all have one thing in common, and that’s that I love them.

Living Proof, Coast to Coast

These are two of my favorite hair products. I’ve tried various dry shampoos, but the Living Proof is by far the best. It doesn’t just mask and disguise dirty hair, it absorbs oil and leaves hair with a fresh scent. Through today you can get 25% off site wide and receive a FREE full size dry shampoo with a $60 purchase. Just use the code FAM25. Also, great news. The dry shampoo is now available in a jumbo size, and it’s a great deal.

Corn and Black Bean Salad, Coast to Coast

This is a recipe for a corn and black bean salad I shared Monday. It’s easy, it’s fresh, and it’s delicious. Pairs perfectly with anything grilled or Mexican.

Ham & Cheese Panini, Coast to Coast

So first off, Instagram needs to have spell check on stories. LOL I’m forever finding mistakes after I’ve added them to my story. Womp-womp! This is a panini we had for dinner this week. I have a griddle/panini maker that is a great piece of equipment. You can use it to make sandwiches, pancakes, “grill” chicken/meats, and more. We hadn’t had these in a long time, and Katie requested to have them before she goes back to school.

CUISINART GRIDDLER

MINI FELT BOARD, COAST TO COAST

I thought I was just so clever making my mini felt board say “wash your hands”. HA! These little boards are just the cutest, and a fun way to say clever things. Y’all know how much I love my tiered trays. I sent one of these wooden ones to my mom for Mother’s Day. She’s going to probably use it in the kitchen to hold medicines and some other things on the kitchen counter.

ZOOM Call, Coast to Coast

AND…what a fun little quarantine treat I had this week, when I got to do a ZOOM call with my blogging buddies. It was so fun to chat and catch up with each other this way. I think one good thing to come out of all this sheltering in place, is making people connect in non-traditional ways. I have a feeling even once life returns to “normal”, whatever that may look like, ZOOM calls will still be a lot more common that they were when it all started.

Victoria Emerson is having a spring sale. Everything is 40% off. Wa-hoo! Use code SPRING40. Did you see VE now has Apple watch bands?

Easy, light and flaky Air Fryer Fish, Coast to Coast

Did you see Monday’s post with the air fryer fish recipe? It’s easy and oh so delicious. I’ve been talking about my air fryer a lot, and I’m trying to find new ways to use it. Stay tuned for more recipes…hopefully.?

What do you think? See what you might be missing if you aren’t following along on Instagram and LiketoKnow.it. Don’t forget about Pinterest and Facebook too, and of course there’s always Bloglovin’.

1. May 15, 2020 / 6:39 am

We have a panini maker and use it all of the time! I need to get that bread on my next Costco trip and make that sandwich! That corn and black bean salad sounds good too!

• May 19, 2020 / 8:22 pm

Oh my goodness, I’ll just warn you…it’s DANGEROUS! HA!

2. Kim Taylor
    May 15, 2020 / 8:28 am

I made us panini sandwiches and I learned the BEST HACK to cleaning them right after you use it. Wet paper towels put in between the plates! Steams the plates clean perfectly every time. I am sure everyone but me knew that! But now I cant imagine NOT using it to clean my panini grill! Have a good weekend and lets pray hard that our state starts to open up soon !!!

• May 19, 2020 / 8:22 pm

I’ve heard that hack and forget it every time. Thanks so much for the reminder. I just told Kent…he’s the cleaner upper. XO

• Kim Taylor
        May 19, 2020 / 9:18 pm

Lucky duck! I need a Kent! LOL! Tony wouldn’t have a clue how to clean up anything. HE IS SPOILED and its all my fault.

3. May 15, 2020 / 9:12 am

Oh, man, I want that sandwich! I’m looking forward to putting together a new master bedroom, whenever that may be :/.

• May 19, 2020 / 8:21 pm

Getting to decorate a new home is so fun…and expensive. LOL

May 15, 2020 / 11:14 am

Not only did I save the air fryer fish recipe but I had screenshot the corn and bean salad when you had at your stories, LOL! The little letter boards are just the best, when this first started I made one that I keep on a little stand on the living room table that says we can do this! I hope you have a super sweet weekend, soak up these last days with your girly!! xo

• May 19, 2020 / 8:21 pm

Oh I forgot when I responded to your MP today…you asked about a fish to sub for Orange Roughy. I’d say try tilapia. Hope you like it. XOXO

5. May 15, 2020 / 5:21 pm

I looked into interior design for college too! I was torn between that and fashion design… and ended up studying neither.

• May 19, 2020 / 8:21 pm

Too funny! The good news is we can dabble in them now. XO

• May 19, 2020 / 8:21 pm

What a fun way to stay in touch with your friends back there. XO

6. May 15, 2020 / 6:17 pm

I think you would have been an amazing interior decorator!

7. May 15, 2020 / 6:56 pm

I love your tiered tray and mini letterboard! That is great! Your panini recipe sounds so good! We have a George Foreman grill and often use it to make paninis! They are such a nice dinner idea and come together so quickly!

• May 19, 2020 / 8:21 pm

Thanks Laura! Your tiered tray post was awesome and gave me lots of ideas. XO

8. May 15, 2020 / 7:12 pm

Living Proof dry shampoo is a favorite of mine!! And our state is similar. We are slow in opening up, and I think I’m okay with that. Happy Weekend!

• May 19, 2020 / 8:21 pm

Yes, I think taking it slow is a good idea…but I sure am ready to eat out. HA!

• May 19, 2020 / 8:16 pm

I got out of the panini habit, but I need to change that. Hope your week is going well! XO

9. May 16, 2020 / 2:19 pm

So true about the zoom calls and FaceTime! During all this, I’ve FaceTimed with a few friends who live out of state and I rarely get to see anymore, and it’s been so nice! I think that’s something I’m going to have to keep around post-COVID. And not having to spend time traveling to appointments has been very nice too. (I do miss seeing my therapists in person, but at least we’ve been able to do zoom sessions!) Hope you guys are having a wonderful weekend! xoxo

• May 19, 2020 / 8:16 pm

Zoom sessions must be very convenient. I know my husband likes working in the mornings in his pjs. LOL

May 18, 2020 / 4:13 am

It was nice to Zoom! I think we all have so much to say though that MP might work better. I love that mirror and you are the best at putting together these collages!

• May 19, 2020 / 8:16 pm

I agree. I think sometimes it’s hard to talk on Zoom…just like Facetime. Thanks my friend. XOXO