One Dress With Three Looks

Every girl needs a few pieces in her closet that are staples and earn their keep. Am I right? I got this cute black t-shirt dress in my last Amazon Prime Wardrobe box, and it is a winner. If black isn’t your thing, it’s available in 12 other colors. Dresses like this can be worn multiple ways, and that means it’s a great piece. Perfect for errands, travel, and packing. Today I’ve got one dress with three looks.

One dress, three ways

Let’s start with the basic dress. Just add any shoe of your choice, and a few accessories. I chose my TB Millers, but Converse would be another super cute, casual option. Add earrings and a cute bag, and this is the perfect day or night out outfit.

Now for the same basic outfit, but I added my favorite denim jacket. Denim and black are basically a match made in heaven. Again, I chose my TB Millers, but if I’d had these at the time of taking these pics, I’d definitely have worn them.

This time I decided to really switch things up. I bet a lot of us have a utility vest in our closet. Look how cute it is layered over this little dress. My tassel necklace was the perfect pop of color. This necklace is one of my most worn summer accessories. I’ve had it for 3 or 4 years, and it has staying power. It comes back year after year. These espadrille sandals are really comfortable, and can be worn all day without making you want to cry, and they’re a good deal on top of that. Since I had on a statement necklace, I went with a simple pair of Kendra Scott hoops and added my new hat. It’s adjustable inside, so it fits different head sizes.

So I don’t know about you, but when I can take one piece of clothing and wear it multiple ways, like this one dress with three looks, then I’m all about that.

If you’re still in the need of ideas for Mother’s Day, check out this post.

SHOP THESE LOOKS

My pick from last weeks linkup is Lizzie from Lizzie in Lace. She does florals so beautifully and has the most feminine style. She also talks about things that affect all of us from time to time, like anxiety.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1. May 6, 2020 / 7:17 am

That dress is such a great staple! Love all of these combos! My favorite is with the utility vest and pink necklace!

• May 19, 2020 / 9:13 pm

Thanks Jill!!! That necklace is a winner for sure. XO

2. May 6, 2020 / 7:17 am

I love base pieces like your dress. It could be worn everyday and no one would be the wiser. I *still* don’t have a utility vest. I bought one and returned it–maybe I’ll buy it again–hahaha! 😉

3. May 6, 2020 / 7:49 am

Love the dress, the dress styled with the utility vest and hat is my favorite look ! So chic and you look beautiful !

4. May 6, 2020 / 7:58 am

Your post is one dress, 3 looks and mine is all about 3 dresses and one skirt LOL!! Love your looks- so cute! I especially love that tassle necklace, makes for such a great accent on your look. xx

May 6, 2020 / 11:27 am

Absolute and total perfection! The Jean jacket is my favorite way, I’m a sucker for Jean jacket with a dress and I’m a big-time sucker for sweet you! Hope you’re having a great day love! XO

6. May 6, 2020 / 12:47 pm

Those are all super cute looks; the jean jacket is my favorite though.

• May 19, 2020 / 9:09 pm

Thanks Joanne! AND I’m so excited your name is now showing up! Now I know what it is. XOXO

May 6, 2020 / 4:58 pm

Cute dress! My favorite is the one with the hat – adorable on you my friend!

• May 19, 2020 / 9:09 pm

Thanks Kellyann!!! I want to wear my new hat every day! XO

8. May 6, 2020 / 6:17 pm

I have a very similar dress…but mine has an elasticized waist. Was so excited to see how you styled yours. LOVE the vest with it. Genius. Going to try that myself.

9. May 6, 2020 / 7:25 pm

This is such a cute dress! It’s nice and swingy, but not overly loose and still give you shape. I love how you have worn it so many ways!

• May 19, 2020 / 9:09 pm

Thanks Laura! I think this one looks like one you’d wear. XO

10. May 7, 2020 / 6:33 am

I just ordered the dress in green!

11. May 7, 2020 / 9:43 am

I ordered that dress the minute I saw it on your IG! I haven’t gotten to wear it yet but I think I will be styling it this week since our temps are on the way up here in the mountains!
    Peace!
    Cheryl

12. May 7, 2020 / 11:30 am

Such cute ways to style a simple dress. I love the utility vest idea! I’ll have to dig mine out! Thanks for the inspiration.

xx Darlene

• May 19, 2020 / 9:09 pm

Thanks Darlene. Hope you’re having a great week! XO

13. May 7, 2020 / 1:00 pm

Love the dress paired with the jean jacket!!

• May 19, 2020 / 9:09 pm

You are right Emma. Easy to pack and wear all kinds of ways. XO

14. May 9, 2020 / 1:12 pm

I don’t know which look is my favorite, they’re all so cute!!

15. May 14, 2020 / 8:40 am

hello fellow West Coaster! i’m in Nor Cal–Sacramento area! looking forward to seeing your adorable looks!
    xo Eva

16. May 14, 2020 / 8:45 am

hello! I’m am new to your blog! and look forward to seeing your cute styles! I’m also on the west coast up here in Nor Cal–Sacramento area! looking forward to seeing your adorable looks!
    xo Eva

• May 19, 2020 / 9:04 pm

Hi Eva!!! Thank you! I’m so happy you’re here. Great to know your also just “up the road”. How are things in Sac? Are y’all opening back up. Apparently we’re in phase 2. I am soooo ready to go out to eat. XOXO

• May 20, 2020 / 8:32 am

yes, we had one of the lowest rates of infection up here…but i am not hurrying to get out into the public—i miss thrift shopping more than anything!…but i have enough to sew up and recreate at home for years to come! most affected is my 18 year senior graduate : ( she just thinks it’s just fine to go out now and resume life….i can appreciate that joie de vivre, but we are still limiting her…..where are you in So CaL?