Easy Light and Flaky Air Fryer Fish

Okay friends. I promised I’d share my recipe for the fish I’ve been making in our new Air Fryer. It’s easy, light and flaky air fryer fish. Y’all know I had my doubts about getting one, but I am loving this appliance. So much so, I named it a Friday Favorite. I’m a true convert. It makes the lightest, flakiest fish. It’s super quick, and clean up is so easy.

Easy, light and flaky Air Fryer Fish, Coast to Coast

I use a white fish for this recipe. My favorite is Orange Roughy. It’s mild and delicious. My mom would make Orange Roughy when I was a kid, and I always liked it. I made it for years, and then about 5 years ago, it just kind of disappeared, and you couldn’t find it anywhere. I was majorly bummed. Well I was unnaturally excited last year when it showed back up in the freezer case at Costco. Seriously, it was not natural the happiness this brought me. LOL You could use tilapia or flounder for this recipe, but if you can find Orange Roughy, use it.

The ingredients are pretty much pantry staples. You need to mix your mayonnaise with dijon mustard in a small bowl. Then make the mixture of Panko, Parmesan, and Italian seasoning, along with a little salt and pepper.

Preheat the Air Fryer to 400° while getting the fish ready.

Air Fryer Fish, Coast to Coast

Brush one side of the fish with the mayo/dijon mixture.

Lay face down in the breading, and brush the other side with the same mayo/dijon mixture. Flip fish and coat in breading. Do with all the pieces.

Air Fryer Fish, Coast to Coast

My air fryer is the 5 quart, which is the medium size. It will [barely] hold three pieces of fish. Spray the bottom of the air fryer with nonstick spray, and place the fish in the basket, then give it a quick spray with the nonstick spray or olive oil spray.

Air Fryer Fish, Coast to Coast

Air fry on one side for 5 minutes, then flip the fish over carefully (it’s pretty fragile) and cook another 5-7 minutes, until done and flaky.

Air Fryer Fish, Coast to Coast

I’ve been serving it with the Kale Salad that comes in a bag from Costco, and it makes a delicious, light dinner. The fish is lighter and flakier than when I make it in the oven. We absolutely love it and I think you will too.

May 11, 2020 / 9:14 am

I haven’t even thought about doing fish in my air fryer! I will have to try this!

2. May 11, 2020 / 7:02 am

This looks great, Lisa! I like fish from the standpoint that it is so quick to make for dinner.

• May 19, 2020 / 8:31 pm

Exactly! And good for you and low cal. Winner, winner, fish dinner. HA! XOXO

May 11, 2020 / 11:48 am

This sounds delicious! I’m going to pin it now!

4. jess
    May 11, 2020 / 8:01 am

Sounds so good Lisa! My mom also used to make Orange Roughy and we loved it as kids! I completely forgot about this fish. We are considering an air fryer too.
    Happy Monday!

• May 19, 2020 / 8:31 pm

You’ll love it Jess, and you’ll have to return to our childhood orange roughy. XOXO

5. May 11, 2020 / 8:19 am

Yum! This looks and sounds delicious! My husband has been talking about getting an air fryer. I think it’s time!

May 11, 2020 / 11:48 am

Just pinned it! Yay! Can’t wait to try it! Orange roughy is one of my favorites, I just hope I can find some wild caught here in our Indiana stores, LOL

• May 19, 2020 / 8:31 pm

You’ll love it. I bet any softer white fish would work. Tilapia, flounder…I don’t think Cod would be good though. XO

7. lisacindallas
    May 11, 2020 / 1:26 pm

I bought this air fryer and I’m going to try tuna steaks one night this week. I wish it was a bit bigger because it really only holds two large chicken breasts but it’s been fun to use this past week.

• May 19, 2020 / 8:31 pm

I agree, Lisa. I wish it was bigger too. It came in a larger size, but for just the two us, this one works okay. If our kids were still here, I’d definitely invest in a larger one. XO

• May 19, 2020 / 8:31 pm

We eat quite a bit. It’s so healthy and low cal. I’m loving my new toy…aka air fryer. XO

8. May 11, 2020 / 5:41 pm

Yum! This sounds like a delicious way to make fish! Thanks for sharing!

9. May 12, 2020 / 2:56 am

That sounds just like a recipe I use; but I rarely think to make it in my air fryer. I bet it comes out great. Pinned.

• May 19, 2020 / 8:27 pm

Yes ma’am. We love it this way. I have trouble remembering to use mine sometimes too…it’s in the bottom of the closet. Out of sight, out of mind. HA!

10. May 16, 2020 / 6:04 pm

Yum, I will have to try this! Our son got an air fryer for my husband for his birthday last year and we are air fryer fools!! Lol! Thanks for the great ideas.

xx Darlene