Easy Weeknight Meals

Hi friends! How was your weekend? Ours? We just stayed home. LOL So I thought y’all might want to see the easy weeknight meals we’ve been having during our house arrest, a.k.a shelter in place, a.k.a quarantine, a.k.a time out, and a.k.a being grounded. Whatever you want to call it, it means a whole lot of cooking. These are all pretty easy to make and also fairly healthy. Some of these are under the recipes tab and I won’t go into detail on those. The others, I give you some “loose” instructions. Nothing is set in stone, and that’s part of the easy peasiness of these.

This one is a favorite of ours and is under the recipes tab. The noodles are the key. They are so yummy. They’re thicker than a normal egg noodle, with a good “chew” to them.

Lobster Ravioli with Pesto
LOBSTER RAVIOLI WITH PESTO AND PINE NUTS

I purchased lobster ravioli at Costco, but any ravioli or tortellini will work for this. This is a meal that literally comes together in minutes. I use Kirkland pesto, but again any pesto will work. I toasted pine nuts in the toaster oven (and let them get a little too brown?), added some shredded parmesan, and BOOM! Dinner is served. We had some fruit with it as a side, but you could also add a salad.

Pancakes and sausage for dinner
PANCAKES WITH AIDELL’S CHICKEN & APPLE SAUSAGE

We love pancakes. All the pancakes! Lately we’ve been loving blueberry pancakes. To add some protein we often have Aidells Chicken Apple Sausage. For our family pancake recipe, click here.

Cod with asparagus
COD WITH FRIED RICE AND ASPARAGUS IN GINGER SESAME SAUCE

Safeway sells a line of jarred sauces for all kinds of things. The one I love is a Sesame Ginger sauce. It’s very easy, and very flavorful. I use cod with this sauce and serve it over either cauliflower rice, regular rice, or a combination of both. This particular night I had a bag of cauliflower fried rice from Trader Joe’s that I added some regular rice to, and the sauteed some asparagus. This is the sauce I like. ??

Oatmeal with Apples and walnuts
OATMEAL WITH APPLES, WALNUTS AND GLAZE

This is sooooo easy, and soooooo yummy. I use Old Fashioned Oats and follow the microwave instructions. I add a little cinnamon and brown sugar (or Truvia Brown Sugar) before cooking. For the apples I chop up 2 apples (I like Fuji) and cook in a skillet with more cinnamon, a little brown sugar (or the Truvia Brown Sugar) and sometimes some water. I cook them long enough to warm and barely soften. Top with toasted chopped walnuts and a glaze made with confectioners sugar and enough milk or half and half to make it the right consistency.

ORANGE ROUGHY, BAKED POTATO & SHREDDED BRUSSEL SPROUTS

I’ve shared this Orange Roughy recipe here with different sides. This time I just served baked potatoes, and some shaved brussel sprouts. I sauteed the brussel sprouts in a little olive oil, until slightly wilted, added a little Balsamic and some craisins.

chicken quesadillas
CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS

Quesadillas are super easy. I used Rotisserie Chicken that I added a little taco seasoning and salsa to, and then some black beans with shredded Monterey Jack cheese and Mexican Cheese Blend.

Key lime shrimp with salad
KEY LIME SHRIMP WITH BROCCOLI AND KALE SALAD

Taylor Farms bagged salads from Costco are a huge time saver, and delicious. This is the Sweet Kale salad. I use them a lot and just serve with different proteins. This night I used frozen shrimp (thawed) and cooked in a Key Lime Shrimp Taco Sauce. Again, super easy and we loved it.

If you’d like a few easy weeknight meals, check out this is post. Is this something you’d be interested in seeing more of? I know I’m always looking for new dinner ideas, and with everyone staying home and likely doing more cooking, I hope this is something you’ll find helpful.

⬇️ PIN ME ⬇️

Easy Weeknight Meals

1. March 30, 2020 / 5:24 am

Yum and yum ! These all look so good ! We stayed in all weekend too. No going anywhere for us until given the okay !

2. March 30, 2020 / 4:15 am

Yum! Thanks so much for sharing your meals Lisa- helps to give me some ideas 🙂

March 30, 2020 / 4:21 am

YUM! You’re eating good girl!! I will add some of these to my list. It’s challenging sometimes when you want to make a recipe and need an ingredient but can’t just “run” real quick to the store for it. I’m a planner but even more so now, lol!

• April 19, 2020 / 10:36 am

YES! I hate it when you just need one thing. UGH. You and I love to cook and feed our families. XOXO

4. March 30, 2020 / 5:23 am

These all sound delicious and I needed some new recipe ideas! I’m pinning!

• April 19, 2020 / 10:36 am

Thanks Jill!!! All this cooking has me ready to eat out again. LOL

5. March 30, 2020 / 8:20 am

Thanks so much for sharing, Lisa. I’m always up for new fish recipes, the cod with fried rice looks especially good. I’d like to give the quesadillas a try. You better believe I’d love to be baking right now–I did make one batch of cookies for Steve–he’s thinking he’d like another ;).

• April 19, 2020 / 10:31 am

I’ve used my new air fryer twice for fish and it.is.awesome!!! Post coming soon!

March 30, 2020 / 11:19 am

Yum!! I want to eat that oatmeal – it looks like dessert! And I think everyone here would love the quesadillas!

• April 19, 2020 / 10:36 am

I should just throw a scoop of ice cream on it and call it dinner/dessert. HA!

7. March 30, 2020 / 12:43 pm

That oatmeal looks incredible! We love the Costco pesto too. And love the idea of the chk sausage with pancakes. I think we need a breakfast for dinner night this week! Take care!

• April 19, 2020 / 10:36 am

Thanks Tanya!! You always make the tastiest looking dishes too. Hope y’all are doing well. XOXO

• April 19, 2020 / 10:36 am

Come on over!!! I hear ya’, I can not wait to go out to eat again!!! XOXO

March 30, 2020 / 6:17 pm

Ahhh, Lisa! YOU ARE AMAZING! Love this post so, so much. Pinning and trying some of this… I get the lobster ravioli from TJ’s a lot and I usually serve it with their white mushroom sauce, but I need to try your way next!

• April 19, 2020 / 10:31 am

You’re so sweet Carrie!!! Hope all is well in your home. XO

9. March 30, 2020 / 7:04 pm

Yum! You make delicious meals! I can’t wait to try some of these out!

10. March 30, 2020 / 11:27 pm

Mm, some delicious recipes there! Cooking is what I now do even more!

• April 19, 2020 / 10:31 am

YES, I think we’re all cooking way more. Stay healthy! XO

March 31, 2020 / 6:30 am

It all looks so YUMMY! One of mine and Ben’s favorite salad kits is the Chipotle Cheddar!

12. March 31, 2020 / 3:14 am

So many yummy and simple recipes! We just had homemade waffles with bacon for dinner last night and I’m pretty sure we’re having spaghetti, sauce, stuffed chicken breast, & broccoli tonight.

• April 19, 2020 / 10:31 am

That sounds delish!!! I’ll be so ready to eat out again. XO

March 31, 2020 / 6:30 am