What I Wore for Our Family Pictures

Hey y’all! Have you stopped to think that we are only 20 days from Christmas Eve? Mind blown! While the kids were home for Thanksgiving, my top priority was enjoying every single second with them. My second priority was getting a good picture for our Christmas card. I’m happy to report that both of those things happened. So today I’m going to show you what I wore for our family pictures.

Figuring out what to wear for pictures can be daunting. I asked everyone to bring home something appropriate, and the did a great job. Luckily, I’d just ordered several items that were perfect for me to wear.

Anthropologie Baby Doll Top
BABYDOLL TOP || JEANS || BOOTS || NECKLACE || BRACELET ||EARRINGS

I’ve been eyeing this cutie-patootie babydoll top for the last month and waiting for it to go on sale. Hallelujah, I caught a 50% off sale a couple of weeks ago and ordered it. It’s made out of that yummy waffle weave material that’s fleecy. If you’ve been around here for more than two seconds, you know soft and cozy is #1 in my daily dressing book. Especially when the temperatures dip.

Patagonia Vest
BABYDOLL TOP || JEANS || BOOTS || NECKLACE || BRACELET ||EARRINGS || VEST

I also just got a new vest. Katie has this exact vest and I borrowed it in October when I was staying with her. Well, you can guess what happened next. You got it. I had to have one for myself. Yet again, I got lucky and caught it on sale, so I got one for myself and a gray one for Erin for Christmas.

Madewell Tote
BABYDOLL TOP || JEANS || BOOTS || NECKLACE || BRACELET ||EARRINGS || VEST || TOTE

Look how cute my tote is with this whole combo. Y’all, I debated ordering this tote for over a year. I am so glad I finally got it. Even Katie likes it. She says it’s very “trendy”. #daughterapproved I carry it as a purse, but if I want to my laptop fits in it, so I could use it for that as well.

Let me also publicly declare my love for these boots, as long as I’ve got your attention. I wore them all day Friday while we did some Black Friday shopping, and they were very comfortable. A pair of neutral suede boots are yet one more thing I’d been wanting since last year. I love these, and I also love that the zipper goes all the way up. This will keep them from becoming too slouchy.

Family picture

Here is one of the pictures from our little photo shoot. I was pretty happy with how they turned out, especially considering we took them using my camera and tripod. These 4 people are my world…along with my parents and brother. If there’s one thing I’m sure of, God has blessed me beyond what I deserve with these people.

I may as well throw in a few other shots we captured.

Erin is such a joy and the perfect fit for our family. I’ve told her numerous times that she is truly an answer to prayer.

SHOP WHAT I WORE FOR OUR FAMILY PICTURES HERE

My pick from last weeks linkup is Beverly in her “cool Aunt” outfit. I need her jacket. It’s so cute!

Let’s get to linking!

Chrissy from Granola & Grace

Lisa from Coast to Coast

Andrea from Living in Cloud Nine

Shelly from The Queen In Between

Laura from The Horton Family

Kellyann from This Blonde’s Shopping Bag

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1. Savvy Southern Chic
    December 4, 2019 / 3:53 am

Lucky you scoring all those deals! You look great in that vest.

2. December 4, 2019 / 4:01 am

Loving the babydoll top ! You all look beautiful ! Happy Wednesday lady.

• December 4, 2019 / 7:34 am

Thanks sweet Tammy!!! If you were closer, I could just get you to do some gorgeous pics for me! XOXO

3. December 4, 2019 / 3:40 am

Your tiered top is so cute and cosy! I like the vest with it 🙂 You got some great family photos too, it’s nice they turned out so well! My boys are little so photos are not easy to capture, haha!

Thank you for the link up!

Hope that you are having a good week 🙂

Away From Blue | Handbag Gift Guide

• December 4, 2019 / 9:50 am

Thanks Mica! It’s hard to get a good shot with little people, but sometimes those are the best memories. XOXO

December 4, 2019 / 3:53 am

So many GREAT shots snd I LOVE the peplum!!! Always so cute on you!! I am so sad we may not get family pics this year, may have to settle for jammies on Christmas morn, lol!!

• December 4, 2019 / 7:34 am

Those will be darling! We won’t all be together for Christmas, but I’m truly okay with it. I’m taking it much better than I ever imagined. LOL
      XOXO (have fun celebrating that precious Brody today!)

5. December 4, 2019 / 4:01 am

Those photos turned out great and I love your outfit.

6. December 4, 2019 / 4:01 am

How cute is that top! Your family pics are beautiful!

• December 4, 2019 / 7:34 am

Thanks Jill!!! I didn’t even have to make any threats LOL

• December 4, 2019 / 7:34 am

Thanks Holly! They were very good to humor me?XOXO

7. Michelle
    December 4, 2019 / 8:23 am

A really attractive and cozy outfit! Yay for good sales! Your family pics came out really well.

Michelle

December 4, 2019 / 1:14 pm

I love your family pictures! You scored a great deal on that babydoll top and I love the vest with it!The picture of you and Kent is so cute! Hahahaha, we picked the same favorite from last week!

9. December 4, 2019 / 7:20 pm

I love how you took your own photos like that Lisa. The love comes through even in the pictures.
    And your boots are definitely a must have.
    XOOX

10. December 4, 2019 / 8:42 pm

You have a beautiful family! It looks like you got some fantastic photos! I love that cute tunic top you wore for the photos!

• December 12, 2019 / 9:23 am

Thank you Laura! I really was happy with them especially since the photographer was a remote. HA!
      XO

11. December 4, 2019 / 11:23 pm

Those are very lovely photos! Always such a good memories to look photos back!

12. December 5, 2019 / 3:14 am

Lisa this is so cute! I love the babydoll top you patiently waited for and your family is just precious!

13. December 5, 2019 / 4:04 am

Lisa, these pictures are perfection! What a beautiful family. I love your cute babydoll top, too. But your tote bag has totally caught my eye. I have been on the look out for a quality tote bag for every day use that will fit my laptop if needed. I am seeing a bunch of cute ones around recently, but this one might be my favorite. I really like the cabernet color that it comes in!

Shelbee

• December 12, 2019 / 9:23 am

Shelbee, you would adore this tote! I bought one for Katie and Erin…it’s that good! XOXO

December 5, 2019 / 7:13 am

Your family photos turned out SO great! And you are going to love those neutral boots. They go with everything. And look at you with your natural walking pose – what a PRO! 🙂

• December 12, 2019 / 9:23 am

Thanks Gina. And oh my gosh, you know the struggle to get those photos. LOL

15. December 6, 2019 / 6:26 am

What a beautiful family, Lisa! You’re so fortunate that you can all come together. With our crew we don’t all ever seem to be in the same place at the same time, anymore. I agree you are so blessed to have a sweet daughter-in-law!

• December 12, 2019 / 9:23 am

Thanks Kim! Yes, I don’t take for granted any time we get to have with all them together. XO

16. December 8, 2019 / 8:58 am

Such a cute outfit, Lisa! I love the pop of color with the vest. The fam looks great! I’m sure you got a beautiful card! 🙂

17. Mummabstylish Mummabstylish
    December 9, 2019 / 1:57 pm

You have a beautiful family, lovely to see them featured. Thanks also for sharing on the #chicandstylish #linkup Jacqui x

18. December 17, 2019 / 1:37 pm

Love the family photos. You guys are adorable together. I so want to have photos made this Christmas when both daughters will be home. Your photo with your husband is just precious. That top is so flirty and snuggly.

• December 31, 2019 / 9:56 am