Friday Favorites – Nashville Edition

Hello friends and hello fall. Here in the southeast fall has really shown up. There is a definite nip in the air in the mornings and evenings. This week I bring to you Friday Favorites Nashville Edition.

If you are a fan of the frosted animal cookies then meet your new obsession. These cookies are so yummy. I’d resisted buying them up until this week, but when your “little girl” says buy the cookies…you buy the cookies. They are perfect with the TJ’s Harvest Blend Tea.

I’d heard through the grapevine this soup was good, so when Katie and I were in Trader Joe’s we got a jar for dinner. I love tomato soup, but I like it to be smooth. When I dumped this jar out in the pot it was full of chunks of butternut squash and pumpkin. I’d assumed they would be pureed, so I was less than thrilled. Well after the first bite, I didn’t care. It is delish. I had Kent go to our TJ’s and pick up 4 jars because I was afraid it would sell out before I got home. #getyasome

These are my girls. We’ve been friends for 30+ years. Carla (standing next to me) and I have been friends since we were little kids. We’ve all stood by each other as we’ve married and whenever I’m in town, we try to get together. Nothing like picking up right where we left off. On a side note. I am seriously in love with my Madewell cardigan and so is everyone who sees it. It screams fall!

Monday, Elizabeth and I were running around in their jeep (which was having some issues) We had to pull over 4 times due to overheating and eventually just have it towed. #makingmemories #laughingalltheway Katie came to our rescue and all was well.

Part of the reason for my visit was to celebrate this girlies birthday. Thursday night I made one of her favorite dinners and she, Benny, Erin, Luke and I did just that. Celebrated. Kent got here last night and tonight we’ll do birthday part two. The birthday season is in full swing.

That’s it for this weeks Friday Favorites Nashville Edition. Y’all need to know I must really love you because I finished typing this and then lost the entire post so I had to do it over. Whaaaa!!! OH and tomorrow we’re going to do goat yoga, so if you aren’t already following on Instagram, you’re going to want to change that. I’m hoping to have some funny stuff to put on my story.

Linking up for….

Don’t forget to sign up to receive my posts by email. Just scroll back up to the top and fill in the box on the left above my picture. I’d also love it if you’d follow me on InstagramFacebookPinterest and Twitter. Just click the little icons below or the links in blue above and thanks a million!

October 18, 2019 / 3:07 am

Cannot wait to see the Goat Yoga! Ugh, I hate it when I loose a post. I bought every box of those pumpkin cookies they had left and have been giving them as gifts. Too funny, I was going to send you some but I assumed you had them, lol. So good and now I want the soup!! Keep on celebrating girlfriend!! xo

• October 25, 2019 / 9:49 pm

I’ve got to get to TJ’s this weekend and stock up on all the fall goodness. XOXO

October 18, 2019 / 4:24 am

Goat yoga? Hmmmm, I must see this. I know how happy your heart is when you’re with your people. Enjoy and soak it up! In 2 weeks we’ll be in Austin – I am so excited!!!

• October 25, 2019 / 9:49 pm

Oh my gosh…I have so many pics to show you! This time next week, we’ll be yucking it up. XO

3. October 18, 2019 / 4:40 am

What a special time for you and your girl! I agree on the soup- delicious!

• October 25, 2019 / 9:49 pm

Yes it is Holly. I am so happy she likes having her mom around. XO

October 18, 2019 / 5:28 am

What a fun birthday celebration!
    Oh I want to do Goat yoga so bad! We have a place near me and I want to try it!

• October 25, 2019 / 9:49 pm

You should definitely do it Heather. I was a little nervous, but it was a blast! XO

5. October 18, 2019 / 6:32 am

Glad you had such a nice celebration! I’m definitely trying those cookies and the soup too.

6. October 18, 2019 / 9:47 am

Sounds like a great bday celebration! Happy Birthday to your daughter! My hubby, me and the doggies are going to Nashville in November! I have never been there, but you all looked like you enjoyed the area. Those pumpkin cookies sound so good.. everything I like.. cookies, pumpkin, yogurt.. yes!
    Have a great weekend!
    jess xx

• October 25, 2019 / 9:49 pm

You are going to love Nashville. Let me know if you need any recommendations. XO

7. October 18, 2019 / 12:08 pm

You have such the right perspective on things Lisa when things go wrong like getting towed. It does make for great stories!!!
    OXXO

• October 25, 2019 / 9:49 pm

Thanks Jodie! We were just laughing and making the best of it. XO

8. October 18, 2019 / 12:44 pm

Sorry you had to write this post twice; but I sure am glad you did! 🙂 Those sound like yummy foods– I really got to a Trader Joes! What a great birthday celebration.

• October 25, 2019 / 9:49 pm

Thanks so much. At least it was fresh in my mind. LOL Happy weekend! XO

9. Kim Taylor
    October 18, 2019 / 1:16 pm

Happy Bday to your sweet Katie! Enjoy your time away. California is still standing. LOL

• October 25, 2019 / 9:49 pm

Thanks Kim!!! We had a blast. So happy she’ll be here in a month for Thanksgiving! XO

10. October 18, 2019 / 1:24 pm

Now that I have a Trader Joe’s close by, I’ll be haunting (no Halloween pun intended!) to see what all I’ve been missing! So glad you are getting some girl & girl time.

• October 25, 2019 / 9:49 pm

You’ll have so much fun discovering all the TJ treasures. Happy weekend! XO

11. October 18, 2019 / 6:53 pm

All those Trader Joe’s goodies have me hungry! I’ve actually never had a chunky pumpkin or squash soup. They are always pureed! Glad it was good though! So sorry about the post! I’ve had that happen to me a few times and it’s tear inducing!

• October 25, 2019 / 9:41 pm

We had the soup again last night. It’s really yummy. XOXO

12. October 18, 2019 / 8:10 pm

Can’t wait to find out about goat yoga. Had never heard of it til this week, and now I have heard mention of it twice. But I don’t know what it is. Do tell!!

Here’s to lifelong friends. I have one dear friend since 6th grade. We never see each other but we talk almost daily. We just have a running conversation.

Trader Joe’s strikes again. And once again, I am missing out because we don’t have a TJ’s here. So frustrating. The closest one is almost 250 miles away. Not fair!!

• October 25, 2019 / 9:41 pm

Leslie! It was so fun! We had the best time! I’m so sorry you don’t have a TJ’s near by. Maybe that will change. Happy weekend! XO

13. October 20, 2019 / 11:41 am

Happy birthday to Katie! Sounds like you guys are having a blast, even with the car mishaps! And someone just mentioned goat yoga to me! Maybe it’s that time of year?? haha Hope you’re having a great weekend, Lisa!

• October 25, 2019 / 9:41 pm

We had a ball and I love this time of year because I’ll be getting to see her a lot. XOXO

• October 25, 2019 / 9:41 pm