Long Live the Kimono

Happy Wednesday!!! Well the day has come and I am headed home after my extended stay in Nashville. I am actually ready to get home, see the hubs and do some cooking. But first I’ve got to share a little with you, my people. Long live the kimono!

Kimonos have been around for a few years and from the looks of things, they aren’t going anywhere any time soon. I won this one from Rodan + Fields in a Rachel Zoe subscription box last year.

Tropical Kimono

I’ve always been drawn to the tropical print on kimonos and so this one thrilled me.

Tropical Kimono

I like that it has sleeves versus slits, but either style is cute. I also like how I have the option to tie the front of this one if I wanted.

Tropical Kimono

When you have a kimono like this one, a white column is all that’s needed for the base. The kimono itself is the star. I wore my favorite white jeans from Loft and a white cami. This one would be equally great as a beach cover up.

Tropical Kimono

I added my makeup color Tory Burch Millers and I was good to go. These sandals are truly and investment, but I can attest to them being the perfect, most versatile shoe. I brought another pair of sandals on my trip, but I wore these every day. That’s what I’d call a workhorse.

Victoria Emerson Bracelet

I’ve worn my new Victoria Emerson cuff most days since getting it too. I adore the way it looks like a stack of bracelets, but it’s really only one. The magnetic closure makes putting it on and taking it off a breeze.

I found a couple of this exact kimono to link, but I also am linking some cheaper options. So tell me, are you a fan of the kimono?

SHOP THIS POST

I hope if you haven’t already, you’ll sign up to receive my posts by email. Just scroll back up to the top and fill in the box on the left above my picture. You won’t get spammed, just an email anytime a new post is published, so you never miss out. I’d also love it if you’d follow me on InstagramFacebookPinterest and Twitter. Just click the little icons below or the links above and thanks a million!

August 21, 2019 / 4:05 am

Gimme all the kimonos! I love the way you styled this one and the white column is the perfect way to style it. Sleeves are nice versus slits! Safe travels home gorgeous, I have missed you!

• August 21, 2019 / 9:23 am

You are the Kimono Kween. (see what I did…LOL) I’ve missed you too!!! I feel so out of touch!!!

August 21, 2019 / 4:42 am

Hello my beautiful kicking it Kimono cutie! How I love this long version. Definitely one of my favorite books of all time on you! The crisp slender white underneath is just gorgeous. Be safe and I hope you have an easy breezy day beautiful!

• August 21, 2019 / 9:23 am

Thanks so much Andrea!!! Now to get back on MP??

3. August 21, 2019 / 4:54 am

I LOVE it…I just got a short one which is cute but I am loving the look of this long one- now I ant one- ha! Your posts always make me want to shop Lisa 🙂

• August 21, 2019 / 9:23 am

That’s make me happy Holly, but sorry for your wallet?

4. August 21, 2019 / 5:46 am

I love long kimonos and the tropical print is gorgeous! So pretty styled with all white!

• August 21, 2019 / 9:11 am

Thanks Jill! I love a column of white under kimonos.

August 21, 2019 / 6:12 am

I love this look!!! It looks great on you! We are heading to Aruba in November and this would be perfect!

• August 21, 2019 / 9:11 am

Thanks Heather! YES, this would be so great for your trip. How fun!!

August 21, 2019 / 6:13 am

This white-on-white look + kimono is fabulous!! Hope you have a smooth transition back to everyday domestic life after your Nashville trip!

• August 21, 2019 / 9:11 am

Thanks Gina! It feels like I’ve been gone forever…but I’m not mad about it. Just wish Kent and I could move to Nashville already and be near the kids. ❤️

• August 21, 2019 / 9:11 am

Thanks so much! It’s even better when you win it.?

7. lisacindallas
    August 21, 2019 / 10:37 am

If I want a “three part look” then a kimono is a great option for summer. But to be honest, I’d rather reach for a cute top than a kimono. I just don’t find them a lot of fun to wear. I bought three (all prints I adore) at the beginning of summer and I can just about guarantee that come cooler temps, they’ll be in the donation bag.

• August 27, 2019 / 7:09 pm

They definitely aren’t for everyone. I don’t wear them a lot either, but this one is pretty!
      XO

8. August 21, 2019 / 10:59 am

And long live my beautiful friend!! Safe travels home today!

9. August 21, 2019 / 12:37 pm

I have a few kimonos but no long ones like this! It’s so beautiful on you! Seriously cute with your monochromatic white look!

10. August 21, 2019 / 1:07 pm

I like this one because it’s more of a duster that I would wear. Safe travels!

• August 27, 2019 / 7:08 pm

Yes, exactly. I like that it has a little more structure.
      XO

11. Mireille
    August 21, 2019 / 6:10 pm

I love this look! I need to find a kimono I like for my birthday!! I know I would wear it with a variety of outfits. I have one Victoria Emerson bracelet and will have to see if hubby can get me another for Christmas ?. As I am trying to curb my shopping but know he will want to get me somett, I can look him in the right direction!!

• August 27, 2019 / 7:08 pm

There ya’ go. Win-win with the bracelet for Christmas!
      XO

12. August 22, 2019 / 6:22 am

You look so great in this outfit. Love the kimono and it looks great with all white under. Don’t you just love those Victoria Emerson bracelets? I have a few myself.
    x, Julie | ThisMainLineLife.com

• August 27, 2019 / 7:08 pm

Thanks Julie! YES, those bracelets are wonderful!
      XO

13. August 25, 2019 / 8:42 am

What a fun, summer-y kimono! I love it on you!