What’s Up Wednesday – The End of July?!

Hey y’all! Here we are and it’s already time for What’s Up Wednesday – the end of July?! I am really and truly totally in denial. I can not, will not believe we are on the cusp of August. How did that even happen? I mean wasn’t it just Valentine’s Day like a month ago? My heart is breaking that summer is coming to an end, and some kids are starting back to school next week. I don’t even have school aged kids, but I feel for you mama’s that do.

I’m pretty much patting myself on the back for remembering to participate in What’s Up Wednesday two months in a row. Sure I write it in my planner, but I’m also notorious for not checking said planner. LOL Let’s go, and link up with Sheaffer and Shay for a recap of July.

What's Up Wednesday, Coast to Coast

WHAT WE’RE EATING THIS WEEK…

INSTANT POT CAULIFLOWER SOUP

Weird as this might sound, we had Cauliflower soup on Monday night. Soup in summer? I know, right?! Since I do low carb days on Monday and Tuesday, this fits in just perfectly. It’s easy and delicious, so a win-win. I’m still figuring out ways to use my Instant Pot and this recipe is one of my favorites. If you want, you can check out my Instant Pot Pinterest board for ideas.

Last night we had marinated, grilled pork. I shared in my Instagram stories Monday about how I buy pork tenderloin at Costco and marinade them before freezing. I used a new marinade concoction of Trader Joe’s Sesame, Soy Ginger dressing and equal parts Italian dressing this time. It’s so easy to grab one out of the freezer, thaw and throw on the grill. Add some veggies and voila, dinner is done.

WHAT I’M LOVING….

Well for one, I’m loving my new workout gear. Don’t you just enjoy working out a tiny bit more when you have fun clothes to wear? #heywhateverittakes
I know for me, I do. I’m on the verge of becoming a workout wear snob. I am just loving my ever growing Zella collection. Both of these are items I purchased from the NSale. The leggings are still available in all sizes in black (but if you want the print…just purchase the black and then exchange once they are restocked.) The top is also available in limited sizes, but again, purchase and then exchange. #workthesystempeople I purchase mediums in both. I don’t like my workout wear to be binding anywhere.

BUTTER DISH || SPOON REST || BOWL

I also bought these as gifts. They are beautiful pieces and such a great price during the sale. They are very delicate, but will be so pretty for every day use.

AERIE SWEATSHIRTS

I ordered all 3 of these sweatshirts from Aerie (American Eagle) earlier this week. I am low key obsessed with all the coziness they carry. Last winter I bought this sweater in 2 colors and this spring Katie and I both got this summer sweatshirt. It’s perfect for transitioning and I have no doubt these new ones will be too. They are cut loose and long enough for leggings, which is something I am always on the hunt for.
#illkeepyouposted

WHAT WE’VE BEEN UP TO….

Sunday, Kent and I went to see The Lion King. We were absolutely blown away by the animation. I mean, you couldn’t even tell the animals weren’t real. Just A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. We both really liked it, but I will say, the music in the original was better, and there seemed to be more.

WHAT I’M DREADING….

Pretty much nothing. If I had to say something though, I’d say summer coming to an end. I LOVE summer.

WHAT I’M WORKING ON….

I’m headed to Nashville #shocking in a little over a week to help Katie gussie up her new apartment and bedroom. I found some furniture on FB Marketplace a few months ago that we bought (crazily enough from my old college roommate #smallworld). It needs to be painted, so I’ll be putting on my painters hat and taking care of that. We are also redecorating her room from what she had in the dorm. Time for an upgrade. Here are a couple of our inspiration photos. I’ve ordered this bedding to see if we like it.

WHAT I’M EXCITED ABOUT….

Besides getting to see my [grown] kids, I’m also going to go to Kentucky for a few days and stay with my BFF. That means there will be endless talking, probably some time in the sun and ice cream. #theseareafewofmyfavoritethings

WHAT I’M WATCHING…

The Bachelorette of course. I have to admit, I was devastated when Hannah sent Peter packin’. #bigmistake I honestly can’t figure out the whole Jed thing and her confusion. I just knew it would come down to Peter and Tyler. I’m hoping Peter will be the next Bachelor. #whyamiintothishsow

So after watching last night and the train wreck that it was, I was thoroughly disgusted when she let Tyler go and apparently with good reason. Jed, if you’re reading this (hahaha…I’m sure he reads my blog) YOU.ARE.A.BOOB!!! #gotyler

WHAT I’M LISTENING TO….

As I sit here typing this, I’m listening to Thomas Rhett on Amazon. I’m a huge fan. Not only do I love his music and that he seems to be a genuine person, but he’s also a Lipscomb guy. Lipscomb University is my alma mater and my kids, so you know, we’re practically related. LOL

WHAT I’M WEARING….

I’ve been eyeing this darling swing top all summer and grabbed it on sale. I’m 100% in love. It has a tie in the back and goes perfectly with a lace bralette. It’s available in several colors and I also ordered one that’s kind of the color of orange sherbet. I was planning to keep just one, but now I’m not so sure. When I asked Kent which one he like better, he didn’t realize they were the same top in two colors. These jeans are from the NSale and they are g-double-o-d, GOOD. Super soft and stretchy, unfinished hem and slightly distressed. Love them!

These 3 tops from Amazon are also in heavy rotation. I find myself wearing them weekly. They’re all a steal of a deal, cute and comfy. What more could a girl ask for? Getcha’ one…or two…or three.?

WHAT I’M DOING THIS WEEKEND…

Your guess is as good as mine.

WHAT I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH…

The same thing I’m excited about. My trip to Nashville.

Okay friends, that’s it for July and that’s just about a wrap. We’ve got one more day, so make it a good one. I hope if you haven’t already, you’ll sign up to receive my posts by email. Just scroll back up to the top and fill in the box on the left above my picture. You won’t get spammed, just an email anytime a new post is published, so you never miss out. I’d also love it if you’d follow me on InstagramFacebookPinterest and Twitter. Just click the little icons below or the links above and thanks a million!

July 31, 2019 / 1:55 am

I love the inspo pics for Katie’s place – my favorite is the pic in the middle with the chandelier because I am a firm believer in the power of a chandy!!! Those Aerie sweatshirts are supposed to be so cozy – wish I had need for them but you know, it’s hot here all the dang time!

2. July 31, 2019 / 3:14 am

I loved Peter! He is so sweet! I don’t like Hannah much anymore. I don’t know why I still watch it either! I love the black swing top and that will become a real closet staple I think. Where is KY does your bff live?

3. July 31, 2019 / 5:02 am

I just ordered the camo sweatshirt from Aerie too! I’m loving cute swing top! So fun to help your daughter decorate her new apartment! I can’t wait to see the Lion King!

4. July 31, 2019 / 5:02 am

How did I not know you had 2 trips on the horizon?!! I know that is so something to look forward to. I’m ready for some cooler weather and cauliflower soup.

5. July 31, 2019 / 5:11 am

We have soup almost every day for lunch…even in the summer!! I don’t think it’s weird at all.
    And my step mom just saw the Lion King and had that same reaction. We may have to fit it in among all our packing…

• July 31, 2019 / 10:06 pm

Yes, take a break and go to the movies. You deserve it!

6. Patty Richey
    July 31, 2019 / 6:16 am

I am so team Tyler. I think he will end up w Hannah and Peter or Mike will be The Bachelor.

Loving all of your fashion this month stylish lady.

Patty
    GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

• July 31, 2019 / 6:14 pm

Yeah, you’re right, Mike is a possibility for Bachelor too.
      Thanks Patty!

7. July 31, 2019 / 6:46 am

So much going on! I hear you though, how can it be August? YIkes! I love those sweatshirts an am heading over to look at them now. I love a cozy top for fall!
    Peace!
    Cheryl

• July 31, 2019 / 6:14 pm

Cheryl, You would love the sweatshirts. They came in yesterday and I tried them on today. LOVE them!!!

8. July 31, 2019 / 7:15 am

Oh, Lisa!! I just love those dishes! So perfect! Who knew Nordstrom had them?! Wow! I am so excited for you getting to go to Nashvegas to see the kiddos, then on to Kentucky to see your BFF! You & Katie will have so much fun decorating her new digs! Can’t wait to see how it turns out!

• July 31, 2019 / 6:14 pm

Aren’t they pretty? If they matched my stuff, I’d get some for myself. They have quite a bit of Anthro stuff in the home dept. I hope I remember to take plenty of photos of her apt. I’ll be packed like a gypsy taking all my painting supplies (brushes, rags, my wax, etc….)

July 31, 2019 / 7:44 am

Ooh, good pro tip on buying the color you can on sale and exchanging later! Very clever! I’ve heard great things about those Aerie sweatshirts…might try one in the winter. LOVE your Free People top. It’s darling!

10. July 31, 2019 / 9:21 am

I posted on Twitter the only good outcome of that mess of a Bachelorette season is if she got back with Peter & Tyler became the next Bachelor 🙂 Go away Jed – go away. Room up with Luke P.

• July 31, 2019 / 6:06 pm

LOL…yes, put him and Luke P in a room and let them beat each other to death. HA! I’m with you! I was def for Peter or Tyler. I wonder if they’ll be able to work it out. I’d feel kinda bad for him though…second choice and all that.

• August 1, 2019 / 6:11 am

YEP! That’s exactly what I said – he deserves someone who picks him first… & believe me, he has ALLLL the ladies tossing themselves at him 😉 HAHA

July 31, 2019 / 12:41 pm

Love all the goodies in this post! I don’t have an Instant Pot, but I pinned that low carb potato soup. Maybe I need to buy an Instant Pot already or I can somehow recreate over the stove or crockpot. I love that entire Zella outfit!!! I may have to get those pants when it restocks! I was so bummed, my only pair of Zella pants got a tiny little hole in it on our flight back from Hawaii. I think I can just sew it back shut, so not a big deal and they are a few years old (and I wear them like every week! Lol!).

• July 31, 2019 / 6:06 pm

I’m sure you can totally convert to a crockpot. You should get an Instant Pot this fall when they go on major sale for the holidays. I still need to find more ways to use mine. I ended up ordering the black 7/8 Zellas too and they came yesterday. They are the perfect length for me.

12. July 31, 2019 / 1:03 pm

Love those bedding inspirations! I have a few shirts that I liked so much that I ordered them in multiple colors.

• July 31, 2019 / 6:06 pm

Thanks! Hope I can pull it all together for her. (without going bankrupt. HA) Yay to fav shirts in multiples.

13. July 31, 2019 / 3:12 pm

I’m so excited that you will get to do some redecorating for Katie’s new apartment. Sounds like fun! The bedding looks gorgeous. I have heard similar things about the Lion King – amazing animation with so-so music.

• July 31, 2019 / 6:06 pm

Thanks Tanya! I hope we can get it all pulled together.

14. Kim Taylor
    July 31, 2019 / 3:22 pm

You are a doll. Have a fun time in Nashville and Kentucky. I am so ready for a fun trip. I am also ready for it to be Fall and Winter. I know. Sorry but I am NOT A HOT weather person anymore. I am TOO OLD FOR IT. Give me my beach house and the cooler weather and I am good to go. Have fun!

• July 31, 2019 / 6:06 pm

I guess it’s warmer down where you are than up here. Our temps can be 75 or 105…it’s insane. I keep telling Kent we’re going to need a place at the beach when we move back to the south. ?

• Kim Taylor
        August 1, 2019 / 7:12 am

Oh girl. The Central valley is HOT. we don’t get the cooler beach breezes or the mountain breezes.

15. July 31, 2019 / 3:46 pm

Ok so this was the first season I watched Bachelorette (or any of that franchise) and I was so mad about Tyler too! What the heck Hannah!? Everybody could see it but her I guess. Love is blind. Glad she finally kicked him to the curb.

• July 31, 2019 / 6:06 pm

I know, I was seriously in a bad mood after she chose Jed…LOL

16. August 1, 2019 / 5:35 am

Have a blast in Nashville! Love all of your outfits in this post (per usual!) 🙂

• August 21, 2019 / 9:35 am

Thanks Holly! I’m at the airport headed home now. It was a wonderful trip!!!

17. August 1, 2019 / 5:10 pm

That Free People top is great. Love Free People. So does my teen, which gets a little pricy. Have fun in KY.
    x, Julie | ThisMainLineLife.com

18. August 1, 2019 / 6:39 pm

I haven’t seen the Lion King yet but everyone said it’s fabulous and to bring Kleenex ! Have fun in Nashville 🙂

• August 21, 2019 / 9:35 am

It was super cute, but I did love the original more. ?

19. August 4, 2019 / 4:25 pm

Aww, that’s so nice that you’re going to Nashville to help Katie and paint her furniture–you’re such a good mom!

• August 21, 2019 / 9:35 am

Yes ma’am. I’m at the airport headed home now. We had a ball and it looks so cute. Post coming soon.

20. Mummabstylish Mummabstylish
    August 7, 2019 / 9:25 am

Nice to hear about your month! Sounds and looks very exciting Hun. Thanks for joining me on #chicandstylish Jacqui Mummabstylish

• August 21, 2019 / 9:35 am

Thanks Jacqui! Won’t be long until August is over too. Time is flying.