Red, White and Shoes

Is it just me, or is everyone all about the red, white and blue this week? You gotta’ admit, they are just fun colors together and make people feel festive. Today is the July edition of Ageless Style.  The first Tuesday of every month, ten over 40 bloggers present a different style theme and show a myriad of ways to wear it, all the while proving you can still be fashionable and on trend over 40 and beyond. Shelly from The Queen In Between chose our theme this time of Red, White and Shoes.

Best Shoes for Summer, Coast to Coast

A lot of women have an entire wall of shoes and some even have a closet full of shoes. Well when you have a narrow foot, your choices are pretty limited. I have 4 pairs of shoes to share with you that I wear all.the.time during the summer months.

It doesn’t take but a second to see with your own eyes how much I have loved these sandals. The sole of them looks pretty sad and I need to follow my own method for cleaning them and freshen them up, but when my feet are in them, no one is the wiser.

This year I decided to splurge again and add the makeup color TB’s to my closet. Shoes that are “flip flop” style work well for my feet, so I tend to wear a lot of them in the summer. While these sandals are an investment, now that I have two pairs, I can say with confidence they are worth the money. Not only are they cute, they are really comfortable, especially for a flat sandal. I’m really thinking about getting a pair in black.

If I can give you one piece of advice….if you’ve been thinking about a pair of these sandals, just do it. I know they are truly an investment and I hemmed and hawed for at least a year before I finally got them, but I haven’t regretted it for even a second. #truestory AND if you are a Nordstrom card holder, through today you can purchase them and take advantage of this??????

NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE

Don’t have a Nordstrom credit card yet? Apply here and you’ll be able to have early access to the Anniversary Sale to get all the things before they sell out.

I’ve had these leopard cuties for 3 or 4 years and they have been real workhorses. I absolutely love them with solids, but mixing the with plaids and stripes is my real favorite way to wear them.

Best Shoes for Summer, Coast to Coast
ANKLE STRAP ESPADRILLE

These are the latest addition to my shoe collection. They’re really on trend this summer and a great deal. Best part is that they are comfortable too. #itsallgood

And I can’t forget my beloved flip flops. This is pair number 3 that I’m on. Yes, they’re that good. They’re cushy, comfy, and have a great arch support. I can walk in them for hours with no problem.

Shop shoes and other items from this post here.

RED, WHITE & SHOES

If you’re new here, WELCOME and THANK YOU for stopping by. I hope you’ll subscribe to receive posts by email. Just scroll back up to the top and fill in the box on the left above my picture. You won’t get spammed, just an email anytime a new post is published, so you never miss out. I’d also love it if you’d follow me on InstagramFacebookPinterest and Twitter. The more followers I have, the more exposure I get, and that means more opportunity for growth and sharing things might be interested in. It’s a win-win. Just click the little icons below or the links above and thanks a million!

Ageless Style Link Up

Paula ~ Dimples on my What
blogfacebookpinterestinstagramtwitter
Shelly ~ The Queen in Between
bloginstagrambloglovinpinterestfacebook
Shugunna ~ Nzuri N* Simplicity
bloginstagrampinterest

We hope you’ll link up with us and share your ageless style.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1. July 2, 2019 / 2:36 am

Amen to the TB Miller flats! The black wedges are key for summer too- now I have to get leopard flats too 🙂

• July 2, 2019 / 12:43 pm

WHAT? No leopard sandals??? LOL! Yes, girl. Get some?XOXO

2. July 2, 2019 / 4:25 am

I’d love a pair of those Tory Burch sandals one day! I tend to live in my flip flops (we call them thongs) all summer long though, haha!

Hope your week is off to a good start 🙂

Away From Blue

• July 2, 2019 / 12:34 pm

I’ve heard them called that too, Mica. The TB’s are worth the money…strange as that sounds. HA! Happy Tuesday! XO

3. July 2, 2019 / 5:11 am

I’ve always wanted a pair of TB sandals but the price point has always stopped me. I know they’ll be an investment and just need to pull the trigger (especially with that Nordstrom deal!).

• July 2, 2019 / 12:34 pm

YES Jill. Seriously, I just couldn’t justify it for several years, but now I’m so glad I did it!

4. July 2, 2019 / 12:15 pm

Those black espadrilles are really cute!! I actually don’t have a pair of black sandals. I have those cognac Millers and wear them all the time! They go with everything!

• July 2, 2019 / 12:34 pm

They sure do! I love them and I’m loving the new makeup pair too. The espadrilles are a great deal! XO

July 2, 2019 / 2:34 pm

I have those gigi leopard sandals – I love them but don’t wear them that often, I really need a little more cushion in the footbed. Gosh I wish I could wear those TB Millers too!

• July 3, 2019 / 7:49 am

Darn feet. I know it’s hard. We have different issues, but both make shoes a challenge.

6. July 2, 2019 / 5:37 pm

Aw man! Your post just reminded me that I need to find my Sam Edelman leopard sandals! I have those same pair, but I bet they’re in my teenagers closet!! That’s why I haven’t see them! Ugh!

• July 3, 2019 / 7:49 am

TEENS!!! I guess at least I know where my clothes are since KT is gone.?Looking forward to spending a week with her at the beach!!! XO

7. July 2, 2019 / 10:50 pm

I need those leopard sandals in my life! How have I done without them!

• July 3, 2019 / 7:49 am

I just don’t know, Nancy?They’re perfect with so many outfits. Happy Wednesday! XO

8. July 3, 2019 / 6:21 am

all so fun, funny how we gravitate towards a style each season, my summer show flat sandals or converse lol

July 3, 2019 / 6:30 am

Yes and yes! I’m all in with you on the Miller sandals and the leopard Gigis. They are the best! I need to check out your beloved flip flops! I need a new “wear at home” pair and you sold me on the comfort!

• July 3, 2019 / 7:49 am

You will love them Gina!!! The straps are soft, so they never rub. There’s no break in period required. I guess I should talk about that too. DUH. Happy Wednesday! XO

• July 8, 2019 / 8:10 am

Thanks Debbie! I wore them all day Saturday after walking 6 miles, and my feet didn’t hurt. YAY!!! XOXO

10. July 4, 2019 / 12:38 pm

Such great photos! I like the way you displayed your shoes. And giggled at the description of the leopard Sam Edelman’s as work horses. I have a very inexpensive pair of gold thong sandals that I have worn for several years. Noticed yesterday they are getting a little worse for wear. Hate when I have to part with something I love!!

• July 8, 2019 / 8:23 am

Thanks Leslie! Trying to be creative….it’s a struggle. Yes, when things wear out, it’s the worst. XO

11. SHUGUNNA Alexander
    July 4, 2019 / 7:11 pm

Lovely shoe/sandals collection!

12. July 4, 2019 / 11:14 pm

No wonder you always look so defiantly happy in your shots – you have happy feet! Excellent choices that blend so well with all in your summer wardrobe.
    Hugs, Mary x.
    thepoutingpensioner.blogspot.com

13. July 5, 2019 / 6:34 am

You’re not the only one who loves those TB sandals! It seems like I see them around quite a bit.

14. July 5, 2019 / 8:29 pm

Such cute shoes. I love love love thong style sandals for summer. I need to get a new pair soon. I have a weird tan forming from my cross straps. LOL

• July 8, 2019 / 8:10 am

HA! I know what you mean Daenel about the weird tan. I get that too…but at least it’s a tan. LOL XOXO

15. July 5, 2019 / 7:18 pm

my TB sandals look the same so I feel better after seeing yours! But I couldn’t agree more..worth the splurge!

• July 8, 2019 / 8:10 am

Most definitely. I need to give mine another cleaning!!! XO

16. Paula Holloway
    July 6, 2019 / 3:09 am

I love a neural sandal! Who am I kidding, I LOVE a neural shoe.. PERIOD! ? But I might be the only blogger on the face of the internet who doesn’t like the TB Miller’s. However, my foot needs extra support and since these don’t have any, that probably explains it. They look super cute though.

Hugs,
    Paula

• July 8, 2019 / 8:10 am

Thanks Paula! I promise you are not the only blogger without them. HA! XOXO

17. Sarah
    July 6, 2019 / 7:32 pm

I stayed away from TB sandals for awhile… bec they were everywhere. But once I got my first pair (patent printed ones) which were on major discount/sale, I regretted waiting too long to get them! This year I bought two more pairs (insert shocked face emoji)! I used my GC and bday money to get the tan pair… then during the recent sales, I got the seashell pink pair. I can proudly say I have never paid full price for these sandals! 🙂

• July 8, 2019 / 8:10 am

Way to go Sarah! I wish I could say the same. I also kinda wish I’d bought the seashell instead of makeup, although I think they’re pretty similar. I was the same and regretted waiting, but now I know better. HA! XO