Snakeskin – The New Neutral

Hi friends! Welcome to the last Monday in February. Things are about to get good. We’re that much closer to spring. Can I get an Amen!

Have you heard the news? It’s time for our beloved leopard to scootch over and make room for the new kid in town. Snakeskin. Yes, snakeskin is on the scene and I think it just might give leopard a run for it’s money. You heard here first (or at least close to first). Snakeskin is the new neutral.

Now if you’re really brave, you can go all in and wear a pair of snakeskin pants, a skirt, jumpsuit or jacket, but I think the easiest way to incorporate this trend is going to be through accessories. Today I’ve gathered some perfect ways to add a pop of snakeskin but if you’re ready to be a little bolder I threw in a few statement pieces too.

CAMI || CAMI || EARRINGS || EARRINGS || DRESS/TUNIC
PANTS || PURSE || BELT || PURSE || PURSE || TOTE
BOOTIES || MULES || ESPADRILLES || SANDALS
SNEAKERS || LOAFERS || PUMPS || SLIDES

So what do you think? Are you up for it? Ready to give it a try? I’d love to know your thoughts in the comments.

I’d also love for you follow me on Instagram. I’m trying to be more active on stories and I share things on there that don’t make the blog. You might even find it entertaining. HA!

February 25, 2019 / 4:46 am

You know that I am all aboard the snakeskin express! I may have to relive my youth and get a pair snakeskin pants! Super cute finds my fabulous friend! Happy Monday!

• February 25, 2019 / 7:54 pm

You’d be darling in a pair. If anyone can pull it off, you can. XO

2. February 25, 2019 / 9:23 am

I’m a huge snakeskin lover….the only way I like my snakes…LOL! I have a pair of thrifted snakeskin tall boots that I adore, and they are wearing out. I was going to replace them this winter but could only find the shorter versions!!!
    XOOX

• February 25, 2019 / 7:54 pm

You and me both Jodie! Maybe this summer you can find a replacement for fall. XO

February 25, 2019 / 10:15 am

I cannot believe I do not own any snakeskin! I did order a blouse a few weeks ago and it is on backorder but I cannot wait for it to arrive. I am also STILL waiting on the striped pants from Nordstrom, can you believe that? Anyway great round up of snakeskin my friend!

• February 25, 2019 / 7:54 pm

Oooo, I can’t wait to see it. I want to get a cami. I think that would be cute. Happy fresh week my friend. XO

February 25, 2019 / 11:05 am

I’m with Kellyann, I can’t believe I don’t own any snakeskin! Maybe I need to fix that soon! Love all your finds!

• February 25, 2019 / 7:54 pm

Yep, time for that to change. Thanks Heather! XO

5. Cheryl Tucker
    February 25, 2019 / 1:36 pm

Oh you read my mind! I have been eyeing a pair of snakeskin booties and want them so much! But spring is coming so I am not sure. I have a fabulous snakeskin belt that I love. Great post!
    Peace!
    Cheryl

• February 25, 2019 / 7:54 pm

Maybe you need flats for now and booties for fall?. I’m such an enabler. LOL

6. Biana Perez
    February 25, 2019 / 4:59 pm

I love all the bags…I think this is totally a neutral! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

7. February 25, 2019 / 5:34 pm

EEK! I’m so excited about snakeskin being the new neutral! I absolutely love it! Great post!

• February 25, 2019 / 7:54 pm

Thanks Laura!!! We’ll all be slithering around before you know it. LOL

8. February 25, 2019 / 6:00 pm

Snakeskin booties and sandals are on my wishlist and I love those fun pants! I have some shopping to do! 🙂

• February 25, 2019 / 7:54 pm

I love all the booties I’ve been seeing too. You’d look adorable in those pants. You have the legs for it? XO

9. Hilda Smith
    February 26, 2019 / 1:37 am

I have snakeskin shoes and a dress, love anything animal and particularly when they are used with colour.

10. Mary Vraa
    February 26, 2019 / 6:08 am

Lisa, SO many sharp choices! I love a good leopard print but now I’m intrigued with incorporating (faux) snakeskin for the Spring! Thanks for the selections and easy clicks to them, too!

• February 26, 2019 / 7:36 am

Aw, thanks so much Mary! I’m glad you liked it and hope it was helpful. Have a wonderful day!! XO

February 26, 2019 / 6:49 am

Your snakeskin flats are perfect! I definitely want a pair of shoes in this print…I’m not quite bold enough for pants. Your earrings options are fab too!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

• February 26, 2019 / 7:36 am

Thanks Gina! Yeah, it feels like accessories are the easiest way to incorporate. The flats are great and will be so perfect for transitioning. Of course you and I could wear them year round. ?

12. February 26, 2019 / 6:51 am

Hey, Lisa! Yes, I’m up for snakeskin. I searched high and low for it in the fall and finally scored a top on eBay. I like the idea on a cami or tank as it’s a great layering piece.

• February 26, 2019 / 7:36 am

That’s kind of what I was thinking Kim. Glad you found a top!! Happy Tuesday! XO

13. February 26, 2019 / 11:08 am

I just love all your picks! The snakeskin trend is so much fun and it’s an easy print to mix and match which makes it even better! I love the circle earrings!

• February 26, 2019 / 11:44 am

Thanks Laura. I agree and adding just a pop is all you need sometimes.

February 26, 2019 / 4:56 pm

I just love this post SO, SO much and I’m going to pin it for future inspo! I have been seeing so much snakeskin lately in the blog world and I don’t own ANYTHING that is snakeskin! I love the tote, earrings and ALL the shoes the most!

15. March 4, 2019 / 12:09 pm

Indeed yes I love it. I love the leopard print and snakeskin print. I love the way that these prints read as neutrals. They are especially fun to style with florals and stripes.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle

• March 6, 2019 / 7:57 am

I totally agree. They are so awesome for pattern mixing. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. XO

• March 6, 2019 / 8:08 am

Thanks Maria! It’s going to be fun to mix in with other prints. XO

• March 6, 2019 / 7:36 am

I know, right?! Me too. I want a cami and I love, love, love those shoes you got.