H & M Monday

Hey there y’all! How was your weekend? Ours? Wet. We got more rain Saturday and it was chilly, but Sunday was beautiful and sunny. You know, it’s it absolutely amazing how quickly you become desensitized once you get out of certain conditions. Like cold weather. You’d think after 3 Minnesota winters, a few “chilly” days would be nothing. The funny thing is what I now consider chilly, 6 years ago I would have thought of as a heat wave. It’s really true what they say…it’s all relative.

This is the snow on the mountains all around us. It looks like a painting.

I was recently in H&M and tried a few things on to share with you. We have a really nice new H&M at the outlets. As bad luck would have it, a few of the things I tried on I can’t find on the website, but I’ll still share them in case you feel like going on a scavenger hunt.

SWEATER

I totally would have brought this one home if they’d had an xs (this is a small). I love the color, it’s soft and the cut is cute. This color isn’t available online, but 3 others are.

TURTLENECK SWEATER

Another cute sweater and could be worn so many ways. With jeans like I have on here, or a skirt like here. I think it would be suitable for work wear too with pants.

SWEATSHIRT

I have a new found obsession with sweatshirts. This one is uber soft, just the way I like them. I tried on a small and a medium and the only real difference was the looseness around the bottom. I like the way the medium hangs on me.

PIN TUCK BLOUSE

I’m a sucker for a sweet little blouse and this one falls right into that category. The embroidery and pintucks on the front are so sweet. It runs a little big, so I’d suggest maybe sizing down.

SWEATER

I’m not typically a fan of shorter sweaters, but I did like this one and it has a flattering neckline that can be worn up like I have it or pulled down for more of an off the shoulder look. It’s a bargain at just under $20 and comes in 6 colors.

PLAID SHIRT

If I needed one more plaid shirt (LOL) this one would have been it. I loved the length and cut. I just checked an this pattern is out of stock, but there are 5 other color-ways and they range in price from $8-$10. Serious bargain! They are long enough to wear with leggings. Score.

FITTED DRESS

Fitted dress is definitely what this is. It borders on bodycon and not a style this mama needs to wear, but I love it on so many others. It’s available in this stripe and two solids and would be perfect for layering under a long cardigan.

Here’s one of the things I couldn’t find online. It’s that tencel feeling material and also runs a little large.

TIE SLEEVE DRESS

I gotta’ tell you, H&M does these crepe dresses so well. They seem much more expensive than they are and come in several patterns. This pattern doesn’t appear to be on the website, but this one is very similar and only $11.

I’m so incredibly sad I couldn’t find this one online because I would have loved to get it in an xs. This one is a small and I would say it runs a little big. The color reminds me of sherbet and the sleeves have the popcorn stitch that is being seen on a lot of sweaters. Oh and did I mention it was soft? Yep.

DRESS

This is another H&M find. A cute floral dress. I paired it with black tights and booties, but you could also wear leggings and even belt it for more of a tunic look. There are quite a few variations of this dress on the website.

If you haven’t stopped in H&M lately, you might want to. There are some great finds it you take the time to look. Some of the prices are higher, but they seem to be ramping up their choices a bit. I always see a lot of great options for work wear and there are usually some good choices for dressier occasions too.

SHOP THIS POST

Make sure and pop over to my friend Laura’s blog for her 3 Things series. I was a week early and answered her questions last Monday. See that post here. Better early to the party than late. Right?!

Pin this image?

• February 11, 2019 / 4:42 pm

So true Jodie, and once you get to a certain low…it’s all miserable. You need to make sure next time you’re in H&M you come out with something too. ?

February 11, 2019 / 4:20 am

I have not been in an H&M forever, There is not one close but I sometimes order. Man, my fav is that sherbet colored swearer, you look amazing in it. Darn it xs! The thing about H&M is there is so much, it can be overwhelming so I love how you broke down some great pieces for us! You go have one super sweet Monday, my super sweet friend! xo

• February 11, 2019 / 8:58 am

Until this one opened practically in my front yard, I wouldn’t be visiting either. LOL. They do have some good stuff for reasonable prices. Happy Monday sweet friend!! XO

2. Cheryl Tucker
    February 11, 2019 / 5:35 am

So many cute things! I love so many it would be hard to pick which to take home! I know what you mean about the weather. We are in AZ for a couple of months and it has felt so cold to us even though if we were back home we would think it was sun bathing weather! Have a great week!
    Peace!
    Cheryl

• February 11, 2019 / 8:58 am

Isn’t it just funny how it’s all relative? Have a great week! XO

3. February 11, 2019 / 7:41 am

Goodness, Lisa, how many things did you buy? You look adorable in everything. Unfortunately, I really like the green tencel dress. I may have to check out our local H&M. I’m not sure I’ve purchased anything from them for myself, but my girls like them.

• February 11, 2019 / 8:52 am

LOL…I wish I could have found that dress online to share. I think they are hit and miss, but the hits are pretty good. 🙂 Happy Monday! XO

4. February 11, 2019 / 8:27 am

I love H&M! I buy most things online as the one in our area is a little bit of a drive. I kinda forget to look for myself and mostly end up buying clothes for the kids – they are cute and great prices! I’m going to have to peruse the site now; you found some cute things!

• February 11, 2019 / 8:52 am

Hi Sara! YAY, I’m happy you liked the things I shared. Have fun “virtually” shopping. They have so much online. Happy Monday! XO

February 11, 2019 / 12:07 pm

I just love that sherbert sweater with the little pom poms/popcorn texture. I haven’t been in H&M in ages and I need to go… I love to stroll around that store and F21 when I have a lot of time and I happen to be at the mall (which isn’t often!). That photo does look like a painting!

• February 11, 2019 / 4:42 pm

I wish they’d had that in my size. I’d like one, but don’t want to invest too much. I just came back in from running and errand and forgot to even notice if the snow is still on the mountains. I was preoccupied. Happy Monday! XO

6. February 11, 2019 / 4:37 pm

I checked out that tie sleeved dress, but unfortunately, it was no longer available in my size. That would have been so cute this spring for the office. Too bad the coral sweater wasn’t in the size you needed since it’s the color of the year! I hope you’re having a good Monday. I’m recovering from the stomach bug! Ugh!

• February 11, 2019 / 4:37 pm

Oh no! Bless your heart! So sorry about that. You could hang with Carly Jo.? I should have mentioned the dress runs a little big. I wear a 4 for sure in it…don’t know if that’s the size you were looking at. I hope you feel better soon and no-one else gets it. YUCK! XOXO

7. Biana Perez
    February 11, 2019 / 5:08 pm

So many great options, but I love that fitted dress and the coral cardigan sweater!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

• February 11, 2019 / 7:24 pm

That sweater would have actually been cute over the dress if I’d thought about it. LOL Thanks!

• February 12, 2019 / 8:44 am

Thanks Ruth! I wish I could find it in my size. XO

8. J. Hall
    February 11, 2019 / 9:23 pm

I have never shopped with H&M before! The nearest H&M store is 125 miles from me and it never occurred to me to shop online with them…duh… Everything looks SO cute on you! When I saw you in that black floral dress with your black tights and black booties, I immediately went to H&M.com and ordered the dress. Can’t wait for it to arrive. Thanks for a great post and a great new place to shop.

• February 12, 2019 / 8:44 am

Oh good! I hope you love it! Thanks for reading and commenting. XO

9. February 11, 2019 / 9:42 pm

I just love the floral dress you got and that tie sleeve dress! I haven’t shopped at H&M in ages and clearly I am missing out!

• February 12, 2019 / 8:31 am

So much of the stuff is just really reasonably priced with surprisingly good quality. XO

• February 12, 2019 / 8:44 am

I know! I’m so accustomed to online shopping, I forget. HA!

• February 12, 2019 / 8:44 am

Thanks Holly!!! I’d need some serious Spanx with that?

10. February 12, 2019 / 8:30 am

I haven’t been in a H&M in ages! So many great pieces! I love the print of tie sleeve dress and that coral cardigan is adorable!

• February 12, 2019 / 8:31 am

Thanks Jill! They seem to keep a lot of cute dresses similar to that and for a great price. XO

February 12, 2019 / 6:15 am

H&M has such great stuff for great prices! That coral cardigan would be the perfect piece to incorporate the color of the year!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

• February 12, 2019 / 8:44 am

It would be. I wish I could find it online. It never fails that when I do one of these “try-ons” I manage to find the pieces that aren’t online. LOL

12. February 12, 2019 / 8:28 pm

I can’t remember the last time I popped into that store! The olive green dress looks exactly like mine from Altar’d state! You’re cute in whatever you put on Lisa!

• February 16, 2019 / 9:29 am

You’re so sweet! Pop on in. They have some great deals! XO

• February 16, 2019 / 9:29 am

I hear ya’ Virginia. Sometimes we just don’t know we “need” it til’ we see it. ?

13. Angela Johnson
    February 16, 2019 / 7:02 pm

I love H&M. It is one of my favorite places to shop!

• February 21, 2019 / 10:29 pm

I’ve got to cruise through more frequently! XO

14. fashionistamomma
    February 20, 2019 / 1:43 pm

I love all of your finds. That coral sweater is super cute. Thanks for linking up for #TheWeeklyStyleEdit. xo ~ Megan The Fashionista Momma