Friday Favorites #139

Yes, it’s Friday friends! Hello weekend! I love it when I start a Friday Favorites post and it takes on a life of it’s own, like today. I started out wondering what was I going to share and then it all fell into place, so let’s get to it.

Don’t you just love it when you stumble upon something and end up loving it? I think we all know TJ Maxx and Marshall’s is the place to find buried treasure. You never know what you’re going to find. Lately I’ve been cruising the cosmetics whenever I pop in and seeing some good stuff. I bought this lipstick a while back and have been wearing it on the daily and usually top it with this lip topper. This week I picked up this Urban Decay waterproof lip topper and really like it. It’s slightly iridescent, and goes on and wears well for most of the day. It feels a little weird when it goes on, but the staying power outweighs that for me. I hate having to reapply lipstick.

New workout wear! The leggings are actually a couple of years old, but are wearing like iron. They’re Zella and I truly love them. I wash them on cold and hang to dry and they look as good as they did when I purchased them two years ago. I just got this top on sale and it’s Zella too. I love the cut and the fabric and that it’s roomy for working out. The green color I have is sold out in most colors, but this one is fully stocked.

Eyebrows. Here’s a polarizing topic. Pluck, thread, pencil, micro-blade? What’s your preference? I occasionally would do a little fill in with an old brown eyeliner (no judging?), but didn’t like the way it looked. I’ve been hearing a lot of buzz about a new to me line called Milani and while on Amazon checking things out I found this brow pencil. It’s called natural taupe and it’s perfect for blondes. I’m sure brunettes could use it too, but I love that it’s light enough to not be obvious and have a very natural look.

As long as we’re talking about Amazon, take a look at this sweater. It’s floating around blogland and this may not be the first time you’ve seen it. It’s crazy soft, comes in 3 colors and as you can see can be styled with jeans and leggings. I love this buttery yellow color and it will be perfect for spring transitioning.

Now let’s move on to Costco finds. HA! Yet another favorite retailer of mine. Kent and I were in last weekend and they were sampling (yes, give me all the samples) this Special K quiche. This are really yummy. They’re perfect for a snack or really light lunch and if you practice any kind of low carb lifestyle, they fit that well too.

I’ve shared the regular version of this coffee cake numerous times. It is some kind of delicious. Well there are several women in my bible study who have dietary restrictions and so I picked up this gluten free version with low expectations. I mean lets be real, the gluten free stuff has come a long way, but how could this be anywhere near what my beloved coffee cake is? Well just let me tell you…if no one told you, I’d be willing to bet good money that it would never cross your mind this is gluten free. As a matter of fact, the sweet lady in my class said “this tastes like real food!”. LOL I probably won’t be able to find it in WalMart again because she’ll be hoarding them. HA!

SNAKESKIN FLATS || WAFFLE CROSSOVER TOP || WHITE JEANS

Snakeskin! Are you a fan? I’ve been seeing in what seems like everywhere and decided to dip my toe in the water. I ordered these snakeskin loafers and I’m excited to report I love them. I think they are going to be perfect for spring and summer (and probably fall?). The leather is soft, the sole is slightly cushy and best I can tell, they’re comfortable. I would say if you’re between sizes, to definitely size up. I ended up going up a half size since they’re pointy.

Now for the shirt. I ordered this from Anthropologie during a recent sale. Holy softness Batman. I’ve been wanting a waffle weave shirt for a while and love this one. The crossover front is super cute and flattering, and it’s got a slightly longer back. Sizes are really limited, so I’m linking some similar options below. If you hit the Anthro site, check out this adorable dress. I’m telling y’all, snakeskin is where it’s at.?

SWEATER || SWEATER || TOP

That’s a wrap friends. You can shop this post below, and thank you for using my links when making purchases. I make a small commission and it helps to support this little corner of the internet. Have a great weekend!!!

1. February 22, 2019 / 3:54 am

Krusteaz just has the best baking mixes. I never make homemade muffins anymore because I can’t beat how theirs taste. I also wear an eyebrow pencil. I recently tried the Elf brand and absolutely love it! Have a wonderful weekend!

• February 25, 2019 / 7:54 pm

Don’t they though?! I need to try more Elf products. I’m using a blush palette that came in a subscription box and love it. Happy week friend! XO

February 22, 2019 / 4:54 am

I have been wondering about the special K quiches, I have to try one. I’m so used to making one and freezing the individual slices for my breakfast. But that would be quick and easy. Oh how I love snakeskin, in high school not only did I have a pair of snake skin looking pants but I have the cutest snake skin flats that all my friends loved. I’m going to have to get a pair now that they’re back on Trend. Yay! Girl, you got so much goodness in your favorites today, I’m probably gonna have to go back and re-read it three times so I soak up everything. Love. I hope you have a fabulous Friday my friend! xo

• February 25, 2019 / 7:54 pm

Yes, try the quiche. I think you’ll love them and they are perfect for lunch. Freezing slices of one is genius. I’ve never done that bc I didn’t know how the crust would do heating up. Bring on the snakeskin. I’m loving it. I want a cami too for spring. Have a wonderful week. XOXO

February 22, 2019 / 4:55 am

Ooooh that quiche looks yummy and the nutritional value looks great too. I just bought a new brow pencil at Sephora yesterday, I should have tried Milani I would have saved a bundle. Those snakeskin flats are super cute – you know that is a big trend this year and I don’t own a single item!
    I hope you have a great weekend my friend!

• February 25, 2019 / 7:43 pm

Had one of those quiche for lunch this afternoon. Totally forgot I had them until I was putting something away in the freezer. You need some snakeskin my friend. Hope you had a great day!! XO

4. Holly Breton
    February 22, 2019 / 5:30 am

Love your little workout outfit and the gray and white outfit with the snakeskin flats- on point! My mouth is watering for that crustless quiche too! Yum!

• February 25, 2019 / 7:43 pm

You cutie! Thanks. Those little quiches are perfect for lunch. #score Hope your week is starting off great! XO

5. February 22, 2019 / 6:57 am

I’m with you with the snakeskin!! It’s just as neutral as leopard yet a little different. I have a snakeskin pair of tall boots that I thrifted years ago. They are starting to wear out so I thought I’d replace them this year…..but no luck. I could only find short booties. Hopefully by next winter that will change!!
    I am all about the stay on lipsticks….I hate lipstick on my teeth or clothes..
    Have a wonderful weekend Lisa,

• February 25, 2019 / 7:43 pm

Yes! And I’m happy to have another fun print for mixing…plus it’ll go with all the colors. Hope your Monday is off to a great start! XO

February 22, 2019 / 7:11 am

I love that workout tank color on you! and that wrap around sweater is perfection! I am checking out that brow pencil bc I have about used all of mine up! Have a great weekend!

• February 25, 2019 / 7:42 pm

Thanks Heather, me too. It’s a cute tank and I’m going to be watching for more to go on sale. Hope your week is off to a great start! XO

7. February 22, 2019 / 5:48 pm

Aw man! I didn’t realize in you IG story that those oh-so cute snakeskin flats were pointy toed. I have a problem with pointy toed shoes, but they still look great on you, Friend, and again, I love how you styled them. I can not WAIT to try that Special K quiche!! Looks so yummy!! Enjoy your weekend!

• February 25, 2019 / 7:42 pm

Yeah, they are and I’m kinda between sizes, but I’m determined to make the 7’s work. LOL All in the name of fashion. HAHAHA! XO

8. February 22, 2019 / 7:33 pm

Those snakeskin flats are just fabulous! I can’t wait until the snow melts and I can wear flats again! I’ve tried a few things from Milani and really liked them like their pressed blush!

• February 25, 2019 / 7:42 pm

They really are! I love them. That was one of the things I really hated in MN. I was so happy to wear all my shoes whenever I wanted when we moved here. #itsthelittlethings XO

9. February 23, 2019 / 12:04 am

I love the wrap sweaters. Gorgeous colors. And those flats!

10. February 23, 2019 / 1:08 pm

After working from home two days in a row this week and thus not knowing what day it was at any point, I was def the girl in the picture at the top of your post, haha! Ok, so I’ve gotten my eyebrows threaded in the past, but I usually just get them waxed at Ulta. If you have issues with redness (I would usually be red for like the whole day afterward), they’ll put cold compresses on you immediately after waxing you at Ulta, and that makes a HUGE difference! I don’t always fill in my brows, but in the past, I’ve liked Benefit’s Gimme Brow, and I currently have Glossier’s Boy Brow, which is fine, but I don’t know that I’d reorder it. Hope you’re having a great weekend, Lisa!! <3

• February 23, 2019 / 1:08 pm

WOW, SORRY FOR THE NOVEL! 😀 😀

• February 25, 2019 / 7:42 pm

My eyebrows are so sparse I’d be bald if I got them threaded. I let a friend pluck them once in college and she made them really thin and my mom about had a conniption. LOL Hope your week is off to a great start! XO

11. February 23, 2019 / 7:01 pm

I am loving snakeskin right now!! I ordered some sandals during the DFW sale this past week but haven’t tried them yet.

12. February 24, 2019 / 5:52 pm

Oh, I found the Melani line a couple of weeks ago and bought some of their foundation and I do love it. I’m about to go over and check out that cute sweater. I’ve seen it on a couple of other blogs and it tempts me each time. :o)) Have a great new week! Oh, I received my tiered tray and it is awesome. I will use it once I put out my Easter/Spring decor.

• February 25, 2019 / 7:42 pm

I want to try some of their other products. It’s funny how these products burst on the scene and all the sudden they’re everywhere. I’m so happy you got the tray. I know you will fix it up so cute. Can’t wait!! XO

February 25, 2019 / 7:25 am

Ooh all kinds of great finds here! I especially love those snakeskin flats! SO cute!! And you look amazing in that yellow sweater! What a great color.

• February 25, 2019 / 7:42 pm

Thank you Gina! I used to wear yellow but haven’t in a long time. That sweater is so soft. I love the snakeskin flats too!! XO

14. Cheryl Tucker
    February 25, 2019 / 1:36 pm

Oh gosh so many fun things! I too love Zella leggings. I dress up and down! Looking fabulous hun!
    Peace!
    Cheryl

• February 25, 2019 / 7:34 pm

My daughter order the 90 degree version from Amazon, so I can’t wait for those to come and she can tell me how they compare. I’ll keep you posted. XO

• February 25, 2019 / 9:51 pm

Thank you Jessica!! I bet you can wear snakeskin like no other. XO

15. Caren Magill-Myers
    February 26, 2019 / 12:19 pm

I love zella leggings!! They’re like wearing butter on your legs. Okay, maybe not that, but they feel great on. So soft. Just found your blog from Crazy Blonde Life. Where are on the west coast are you?

• February 28, 2019 / 8:24 am

Hi Caren!!! I’m so happy you found me! I love it, butter on your legs. You’re not wrong? I’ve got my daughter addicted to them too. I am in the East Bay area. Are you in CA? Happy Thursday!! XO

• Caren Magill-Myers
        February 28, 2019 / 9:49 am

I’m on the peninsula! Hello from San Carlos 🙂 Great to connect!

• February 28, 2019 / 3:50 pm

Oh fun!!! Yes, happy to find another blog friend!?

16. February 28, 2019 / 5:16 am

OMG Lisa I just bought the same snakeskin flats by Steve Madden!
    I went on a snakeskin shoe shopping frenzy 2 weeks ago!
    Great Friday favorites!

Hugs,
    Robin

17. February 28, 2019 / 5:16 am

OMG Lisa I just bought the same snakeskin flats by Steve Madden!
    I went on a snakeskin shoe shopping frenzy 2 weeks ago!
    Great Friday favorites!

Hugs,
    Robin

• February 28, 2019 / 8:24 am

Woohoo!!! Great minds think alike. I love that Robin! Can’t wait to see you wearing them. Have a great day!! XOXO

18. jess
    March 2, 2019 / 8:45 am

Hi Lisa!
    Love those pointed snakeskin flats! I tihink I love the snakeskin in neutral tones like this as much as leopard! I have several Zella leggings and I like how comfy they are, yours look great! I want to get my eyebrows microbladed, but will wait until it comes down in cost! Plus you have to get them refreshed at 6 month s and they are only supposed to last a year . Great things on Amazon.!
    thanks for linking!
    have a great weekend
    jess xx

• March 5, 2019 / 7:28 pm

I think I’ll wear them a lot. Thanks for continuing to host, Jess!!! XO

19. March 6, 2019 / 7:58 am

That’s good to know on the gluten free mix. There used to be a chocolate muffin mix that I loved (I think it’s no longer available). I recently got a “fancy” eyebrow make that you put on with a brush. Since I do pretty much everything quickly, I’d be better off with a pencil-ha!