The Softest Tunic, So Easy To Style

If there are two things I love, it’s chocolate and all the soft things. I bet neither of those come as a surprise to you.

Benny got Erin a sweater she had picked out for Christmas and Katie and I both fell in love and decided we better get in on the action. I ordered one for both of us and we weren’t disappointed.

It’s from American Eagle and currently 50% off. They have super soft clothing, from tee’s to sweaters and flannels. Oh the flannels! They are the softest on the planet, I’m pretty sure. Katie’s all time favorite tee is also from AE.

On a side note: These booties (find here and here) are on year three. They are my absolute favorite ever, and my go-to when I’m doing any amount of walking, and day-to-day wear. Katie wore them while she was home and we ended up ordering the exact same pair for her before she left.

This is a perfect oversized tunic sweater for cold winter days. I put it with jeans, but have every intention of wearing it with leggings. I actually would have gone with an extra-small, but wanted to keep the length, so I went with a small. Kent calls it my fisherman sweater, and I have to admit I can see why.

See the resemblance? LOL!

Here Katie is wearing hers (also a small) with leggings, so you can see this one is good for spanning several ages. I just asked her today if she’d want another one, because I’m seriously thinking about ordering the blush color for myself. Katie has this weird rule about not having multiples, but I think this sweater may have her on the verge of breaking that rule. #itsthatgood

Shop our outfits and some other American Eagle finds here….

1. Holly Breton
    January 16, 2019 / 2:42 am

Love it- especially with the booties- you are rockin’ that look 🙂

January 16, 2019 / 4:10 am

I love pieces that span the generations!! LOVE that color you and Benny did good, look at the domino effect his great gift had. Looking so lovely my precious! xo

• January 21, 2019 / 9:22 am

Thanks Andrea! I know it, Erin did good showing it to him. XO

January 16, 2019 / 4:29 am

You wear that color so well my beautiful friend! And you know I love that Barrington Tote – it’s a good thing we don’t have the same initials or it might go missing next time we’re together! I think AE has such a good line of sweaters and they’re so affordable when the sale rolls around. I don’t usually head there for myself but Collin likes their stuff so while he’s in the fitting room I’m all over it! I need to start popping in there more regularly.
    Love ya sweet friend!

• January 21, 2019 / 9:22 am

Thanks Kellyann! I don’t have anything this color, but I love it. Happy Monday! XO

January 16, 2019 / 5:29 am

LOL, I never would have thought “fisherman” when I saw that sweater! But it sure does look cozy! I am impressed with people that can avoid multiples! I have no idea how! I don’t buy as many multiples as I used to, but stopping completely…no can do!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

• January 21, 2019 / 9:22 am

Me either Gina. I’ve gotten better about not replicating, but I can’t just stop. Case in point…I ordered the blush and the purple sweater like this to choose between. LOL

5. January 16, 2019 / 8:17 am

That’s a great winter sweater. I do love a good oversized sweater in the winter. I have those those booties too (in navy). They really are comfortable. I love them.
    x, Julie | thismainlinelife.com

• January 21, 2019 / 9:21 am

Me too Julie! I’m all about keeping warm when it’s chilly. (and it doesn’t even get all that cold here, but I’ve turned into a whimp…LOL) Those booties are the bomb. XO

January 16, 2019 / 8:22 am

I just love American Eagle. They do have super soft clothing, especially their flannel tops and just anything I’ve gotten there. I love the color of your sweater!! They also have my favorite jeans.

• January 21, 2019 / 9:21 am

I really need to try their jeans and actually went on the site this morning, but they are all high rise. I’m so short waisted, I don’t like that style on myself. I’ll keep watching though. XO

7. January 16, 2019 / 8:42 am

That tunic has been in my shopping cart for weeks and now that I’ve seen it on a real person, i think it’s time to check out! That color is so pretty on you!

• January 21, 2019 / 9:21 am

Oh I hope you got it Jill! I went ahead and ordered the blush and the purple to choose between. Can’t wait for them to arrive. XOXO

8. January 16, 2019 / 11:22 am

Both you and Katie look so cozy. It’s funny that you mention soft frequently, as it never enters my mind when I’m shopping, I guess I prefer rougher textures… AE IS having pretty awesome sales right now.

• January 21, 2019 / 9:21 am

Thank you Kim! Too funny about the textures. Happy Monday! XO

9. Cheryl Tucker
    January 16, 2019 / 12:28 pm

The colors on those tunics are gorgeous! You gals look fabulous!
    Peace!
    Cheryl

• January 21, 2019 / 9:21 am

Thanks Cheryl! It would be perfect for when you’re in CO in all the snow. XO

10. January 16, 2019 / 1:11 pm

That sweater is really cute! I like sweaters that are really cozy and you can wear with jeans or leggings. It looks great on both you and your daughter!

• January 21, 2019 / 9:14 am

Thank you Laura! Now we’ll have to thumb wrestle to decide who’s wearing it when we’re together. LOL

11. January 16, 2019 / 4:42 pm

The “FIsherman’s Sweater”! Haha! I think the sweater and that color look so good on you, Lisa, and I think the blush color would look so good with white jeans in early spring! OH! And with those new N&S cheetah/pattern earrings, too! So cute! I also think it’s kinda neat that you and Katie can swap clothes and that she is starting to like some of the things that you have. Of course that just means you have great taste!!

• January 21, 2019 / 9:14 am

Thanks sweet friend. I ordered the blush and the purple to choose between. I can’t wait for them to arrive. I’m going to have to get those new N&S cheetah earrings. So cute. XOXO

• February 11, 2019 / 9:12 am

Oh my goodness…I just found this comment. I am so sorry. Thank you so much. I wore the pink one again yesterday. Soooo cozy. Have a wonderful week. XO

12. January 17, 2019 / 1:29 pm

These jumpers are so wonderfully cosy. I have ordered a mustard one similar to this earlier tonight. I love the colour of yours and the blush one would be gorgeous. Perfect Winter wear! xx Maria

• January 21, 2019 / 9:14 am

They really are Maria! I ordered the blush, so I’ll have to share when it comes in. XO

13. Betsy
    January 17, 2019 / 2:09 pm

So excited to find some new cozy sweaters! We are in the midst of a deep freeze in Ohio so I live it cozy duds like this until we get a thaw.

• January 21, 2019 / 9:14 am

You would love this then Betsy. I wore it yesterday with leggings and my Hunter boots. So cute and comfy! XO

• January 21, 2019 / 9:14 am

Thank you Jessica! I have to give credit to my DIL for getting the ball rolling. 😉 XO

14. J. Hall
    January 18, 2019 / 8:29 pm

This tunic is just what I need to get through these next 3 months of cold, snowy weather. Thanks for sharing!

• January 21, 2019 / 9:14 am

I just ordered another one. So great with leggings too!!! XOXO

15. January 19, 2019 / 5:29 pm

That sweater looks sooo soft and cozy!! You look great, Lisa! xoxo

• January 21, 2019 / 9:13 am

Thanks sweet blog daughter!! I ordered the blush and the purple to pick another one. YAY! XOXO