My Favorite Tunic of All Time

Hey friends and happy Monday, the last Monday of the month. This is where the year officially starts rolling in my mind.

Have you ever bought something on a whim only to have it turn in to one of the best purchases you ever made? Well that’s the exact thing happened to me when I bought this tunic…at Target of all places. I think we can all agree that Target has some really great fashions these days and I think I found this about the time they were really starting to up their game. I’ve probably had it 3-4 years and every fall, winter and spring it’s one of my favorite pieces. I also think I’m not alone because I see very similar pieces from time to time on websites, and Target even has this one that has very much the same feel currently. That means you could easily recreate this look for yourself.

When is black and white ever a bad choice? NEVER! I love them together, maybe a bit too much. My tunic is the perfect length for leggings and how I always choose to wear it. It’s also the perfect travel piece and one I wear frequently for that purpose too.

My favorite way to pattern mix is consistently stripes with leopard or plaid with leopard. In my humble opinion you can’t beat mixing those two together. And as if I haven’t said it enough times already, these leopard flats are one of my go-to pair of shoes. They go with so many things and I can walk and walk in them without killing my feet. I actually just had to replace them.

One of the ways I frequently wear this is layered under a vest, but this coat would be a great option for a colder day. So if you are looking for a piece that stands the test of time and seasons, then I’d suggest one of these tunics.

Here’s to a great (pre-Super Bowl) week.

Check out these very similar tunics I found for you.

Shop the rest of the outfit here.

• January 31, 2019 / 9:34 pm

Thanks Tanya, Me too! Covers everything that needs covered. ?

January 28, 2019 / 3:48 am

I can totally see why it’s a fav and wishing it was in my closet, lol!! Love it with the leopard. It is amazing how much I crave these kinds of clothes now and not the professional wear I was forced to wear to the office. We couldn’t even wear capri’s or sleeveless! I loved most of it but I love being comfy so much more. You are looking Mighty Monday fine and I hope it is a great one for you! xoxo

• January 31, 2019 / 9:34 pm

You can borrow it?. I know you are loving wearing what ever you want these days. I’m so happy for you! XO

January 28, 2019 / 4:24 am

You are always finding the very best things at Tar-Jay! I really like this with your vest and the leopard accents from your flats and the earrings! I may just pull the trigger and get those earrings. Stripes are always a good idea. Tunics are always a good idea. Together they are major winners! Happy Monday my precious friend!

• January 31, 2019 / 9:34 pm

Well I try. LOL. You should definitely get these earrings. I think they’re even on sale for a dollar or 2 less right now. They’re really nice, especially for the price.

3. January 28, 2019 / 4:51 am

I’m loving the tunic styled with the vest and pops of leopard! This is such a transition look going into Spring! I wore my leopard earrings for the first time last Friday and then I went out and ordered a second pair in the light floral. Got to get all my shopping done before the big spending freeze next month! Looking good, Mama!!

• January 31, 2019 / 9:34 pm

Thanks friend. Is the spending freeze for Lent? (we don’t do that) Shop til’ you drop cutie!

January 28, 2019 / 6:04 am

I love a good Target find, and that tunic has held up really well! Perfect idea for a travel outfit or just a cute and comfy, work from home outfit!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

• January 31, 2019 / 9:34 pm

Me too!!! I’m going to be so sad when this tunic bites the dust. ?

• January 31, 2019 / 9:34 pm

If you want a pair, these are so comfy. ? I wear them all the time. XO

5. January 28, 2019 / 9:59 am

I totally know what you mean about having a favorite piece! Especially tunics! They are so versatile and I find myself reaching for mine all the time! You look adorable btw 🙂

6. Biana Perez
    January 28, 2019 / 12:52 pm

I have a similar white and black striped tunic I bought from Amazon and I LOVE it!! Such a versatile piece! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

• January 31, 2019 / 9:30 pm

I bet I know the one you’re talking about and it’s super cute. XO

7. January 28, 2019 / 2:02 pm

I love that feeling. And as much as I try to think will I wear this, sometimes you are SO surprised.
    That’s why I don’t get too upset over the things I buy and don’t wear as much….there are too many that I do love!!
    XOOX

January 28, 2019 / 3:53 pm

That b/w tunic is just the perfect length and I love it with the vest and leopard flats. I saw some very similar earrings to those at Target in their Sugarfix (or whatever it is called) area. I almost got them last time I was in… I didn’t realize there was an Amazon look alike pair!

• January 31, 2019 / 9:30 pm

It really is such a great tunic and I hope it never wears out. The earrings are so light. They’re almost as light as N&S.

9. January 28, 2019 / 5:42 pm

I like everything about that top, the length, the black and white/ecru stripes and the neck. So, so cute! Yes, much to our dismay here in La. it is Super Bowl week. Not sure if anyone from here will even watch it. :o))

• January 31, 2019 / 9:30 pm

Thanks Lea. It has been a favorite and I’ll be so sad when it wears out.

10. January 28, 2019 / 7:33 pm

Oh, that’s cute. I have a similar one from JCrew and I wear it all the time. Love the stripes.
    x, Julie | ThisMainLineLife.com

11. January 29, 2019 / 11:23 am

You can never go wrong with black and white or stripes! Your tunic is super cute and the perfect length!

12. January 29, 2019 / 11:47 am

A stripped tunic! Fabulous! I really should buy a new stripped sweater, mine was worn out and I love a stripped sweater!

• January 31, 2019 / 9:26 pm

I’ve gotten quite the collection and still want more. I need to control myself. HA!

• January 31, 2019 / 9:26 pm

Me too Ruth! You just can’t go wrong with stripes! XO

13. January 29, 2019 / 4:24 pm

What a great tunic! It looks really comfortable too! I love how you layered it with your vest!

• January 31, 2019 / 9:25 pm

Thanks Laura. It’s such a great piece and I’ve gotten so much wear out of it! XO

14. Mummabstylish Mummabstylish
    January 31, 2019 / 10:00 am

Oh I love it too! I also like that you’ve paired those super leopard pumps with it. Thanks for sharing on #chicandstylish #linkup today. Jacqui Mummabstylish