Highlighting Your Assets with Color

How can it possibly be Wednesday? Nothing will screw you up faster than a 3 day weekend. Am I right? I’m not complaining, mind you. I’m just saying it sure throws me off. How about you?

Today I’m joining the girls from The Blended Blog and using their prompt: Highlight Your Assets. So while the title of this post is a stretch at best, I’m doing a slightly little different take on the original prompt. While the rest of the prompt is: Styles That Work For Your Body Type, I’m just going to talk about one of my physical assets and tying it into fashion.

As if that wasn’t good enough, this is kind of a two-fer. I’m also collaborating with my Nashville girls. We all decided it would be fun to talk about hot pink after several of us recently purchased new hot pink sweaters. (not me?) Sooo, you’ll be able to click the links at the end of the post and hop on over to see what they are sharing. YAY!

If you ask Kent what he was first attracted to about me, I know he’ll tell you my smile. ?I have a BIG smile, a BIG mouth and a LOT of teeth. LOL Probably not more than normal, but they make their presence known.

So what does my smile have to do with any of this? Well I’m so happy you asked. I believe when you feel happy, you look happy and one of the best ways to accomplish both of those is by wearing things you feel good in….like this hot pink poncho over a black column.

Column dressing or dressing monochromatically is typically figure friendly for most women, and also makes for the perfect base for a pop of color. Hot pink is one of my favorite colors and oddly enough, I rarely wear it. I tend to wear more earth tones, particuarly during the cooler months.

I’ve had this poncho (from Chico’s) for a good 3-4 years and only worn it a handful of times, but every single time I put it on, I love it. The first time I wore it was with this striped dress.

Apparently I really like it over stripes. HA! But it does look cute and then I added in the cheetah print shoes for just that much more fun. Any-who, back to feeling good in what you wear and how it affects your smile. I think I can safely say that every time I’ve worn this hot pink poncho I’ve felt pretty darn good about myself. I’d love to say that’s how I feel everyday, but we both know that would be a lie. I don’t think it’s humanly possible to feel good about yourself every.single.day. We all have off days, but ff you do feel great everyday, then my hats of to you and by all means, share your secret.???

This time of year the weather can be pretty depressing, cold and gloomy and I’ve been feeling it in my spirit a little, but I’ll be honest with ya’, yesterday I wore another bright colored top I have and felt happy. So I’m thinking a sound piece of advice might be, if you’re feeling down to put on a happy color. Even if you’re just staying home. Try wearing some bright colored work out clothes or a fun pair of pajamas. Whatever floats your boat.

While my poncho is no longer available I was able to round up some pretty cute options. My favorite is this one and it comes in 17 colors. YES! It has the cutest fringe detail on it and would be perfect for a little pick me up. I think it would also be good well into summer over white (duh, like in the picture) or pastels and the perfect light cover for evenings at the beach or on vacation.

Isn’t it cute?! Check out all of these other options too at different price points. And before I finish up, can I just talk about my jeans for a minute? They are Wit and Wisdom with the AB-SOLUTION stretch and are soooooo comfortable. I forget just how comfortable they are every time until I wear them again. Seriously, these are GOOD if you need black jeans and very reasonably priced. AND if you are thinking, ‘Man, she sure forgets a lot’, well…you’re not wrong.?

Shop this outfit

Now hop on over and check out Andrea (Living On Cloud Nine), Chrissy (Granola and Grace), Kellyann (This Blonde’s Shopping Bag), Laura (The Horton Family) and Shelly (The Queen In Between) to see their take on hot pink.

1. January 23, 2019 / 3:05 am

I definitely need to add more pops of color to my wardrobe. Lately it seems I’ve been buying all black and brown. That hot pink really does accentuate your smile!

• January 26, 2019 / 6:22 pm

You and me both. Thanks Tanya. Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend! XO

2. January 23, 2019 / 3:55 am

LISAAAA!!! You did it!! And pulled it off perfectly, I must say!! Love, love, love the poncho, and of course the color! I mentioned in my post, too, how much I need to start adding a little color to my wardrobe as well. And I agree with Kent about your gorgeous smile!

• January 26, 2019 / 6:22 pm

Well thanks girl! You are too sweet to me. We are a great group of “Pink Ladies” XOXO

3. January 23, 2019 / 4:19 am

This looks so pretty Lisa!!! I love it!! The poncho is fabulous and needs to be worn more. I loved the alternative you linked and I love your smile!! Have a wonderful day friend!

• January 26, 2019 / 6:22 pm

Thanks Chrissy!!! You’re so sweet. Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend! XO

January 23, 2019 / 4:19 am

YES!!! YOU shine so great in your pink poncho, I happen to love all things poncho so this is a huge WIN WIN!!! Yep another big nod in agreement…that killer smile of yours should’ve been in pictures!!!!! Muah!!! Well Done! xo

• January 26, 2019 / 6:22 pm

We are a great group of “Pink Ladies”. LOL.

5. January 23, 2019 / 6:11 am

That’s an adorable poncho. Of course I love the color but the shape is fabulous too. You have to pull that out more and give it love!!
    I’m the same way with my smile. It’s SO big, but I guess that’s a good thing!

• January 26, 2019 / 6:22 pm

Thanks Jodie! I like the shape too. The asymmetrical cut adds even more interest. Happy weekend! XO

6. January 23, 2019 / 8:21 am

That pink poncho is so cute on you! Love the bright pink!

7. January 23, 2019 / 8:58 am

Your smile And this hot pink poncho are adorable! I am with you, we should wear more bright colors in the colder months to lift our spirits. 🙂

• January 26, 2019 / 6:22 pm

Aw, thanks Jennie! It is such a happy color. Happy weekend! XO

January 23, 2019 / 12:31 pm

I’m always told I have a big smile, too! Haha! I guess that Invisalign I got was worth it! 😉 I have been loving all of this pink and hot pink I’ve seen on you ladies. I really can’t believe I don’t have any hot pink tops in y closet. I love that poncho!

• January 26, 2019 / 6:22 pm

You do have a beautiful big smile! You should get some hot pink. You can be a pink lady too?

9. January 23, 2019 / 4:26 pm

Oh, indeed, your smile is a great asset. You glow with that smile! And, that pink is a awesome color on you. Happy mid-week!

• January 26, 2019 / 6:17 pm

Thanks Lea! You’re so sweet and you have a gorgeous smile! XO

10. January 23, 2019 / 5:15 pm

This looks so pretty on you, Lisa. I’m surprised you don’t pull it out more. You do have a very pretty smile! I keep going back and forth on if I’d wear a poncho or not…

• January 26, 2019 / 6:17 pm

Thank you Kim! I think you’d love a poncho if you gave it a try. Go for it!!!

11. Kim Taylor
    January 23, 2019 / 9:51 pm

You look gorgeous in pink! It is one of my favorite colors! Happy Wednesday!

• January 26, 2019 / 6:17 pm

Thanks Kim! It’s such a happy color. Hope your weekend is going well! XO

• February 11, 2019 / 9:12 am

Thanks Nancy!!! Hot pink and black are great together. Happy Monday!!! XO

12. Holly Breton
    January 24, 2019 / 3:12 am

Great color on you- I love the poncho over that striped dress- adorable!

• January 26, 2019 / 6:17 pm

Thank you Holly! You look so good in pink too. XOXO

13. January 24, 2019 / 3:33 am

Oh, that color looks beautiful on you and really nice over the all black.
    x, Julie | thismainlinelife.com

• January 26, 2019 / 6:17 pm

Thanks Julie! I need to wear it more. Happy weekend! XO

January 24, 2019 / 3:55 am

You are so creative, I love that you talked about your hundred watt smile because it is a pretty one! Love that it’s what drew Kent to you. You know I love hot pink and this poncho is pink perfection. I love hot pink with black and the striped tee underneath is a great pairing. It looked so cute too with your dress and cheetah print shoes – such fun pattern mixing! You knocked it outta the park beautiful friend!

• January 26, 2019 / 6:17 pm

Thanks girl. It’s fun to share a little back story. I love hot pink with black too and YOU wear hot pink like a pro. It’s gorgeous on you!!! XOXO

15. January 24, 2019 / 12:56 pm

That poncho is so cute! What is it about bright pink that just puts a smile on everyone’s faces?! It’s seriously such a flattering color on so many skin tones too! I love how you’ve worn it different ways with stripes!

• January 26, 2019 / 6:17 pm

Thanks Laura! Hot pink is such a happy color! Hope you’re having a great weekend! XO

• January 26, 2019 / 6:17 pm

You are too sweet Melissa! Thank you! Hope your weekend is going well! XO

16. January 24, 2019 / 6:41 pm

Such a sweet look dear! Love the pop of color from this poncho, so vibrant and fun!
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

17. January 25, 2019 / 12:22 am

Love. This. On. You.
    Love the colour, love the column backdrop, and ? that smile!
    The poncho seems to give an instant look of casual elegance, togetherness, and what gets noticed are the colour, those boots … and that smile!
    Hugs, Mary x.
    thepoutingpensioner.blogspot.com

• January 26, 2019 / 6:12 pm

Thanks sweet Mary!!! This poncho is a great piece and perfect year round. Hope you’re having a great weekend! XO

18. January 25, 2019 / 7:48 am

The pink does make you shine! Of course, your husband is right, your smile really makes you shine! ? Such a positive, lovely post! And I agree that the pink poncho looks great with stripes.

Have a blessed and happy weekend ?

• January 26, 2019 / 6:12 pm

Thanks so much Kay!!! Hope your weekend is treating you right! XO

19. January 29, 2019 / 1:51 pm

Lisa,

That hot pink is YOUR color! Darling outfit! Thanks for sharing.

xx Darlene @aquamarinastyle.com