Fun With Faux Fur and Ageless Style

Happy Tuesday and welcome to the first Ageless Style link up of 2019, where the first Tuesday of every month ten over 40 bloggers present a different style theme and show a myriad of ways to wear it, all the while proving you can still be fashionable and on trend over 40 and beyond.

This months prompt was picked by our sweet Jennie and is Faux Fur. Well living here in California this one was a bit of a head scratcher for me. With very moderate temperatures, it’s been sometime since I’ve had an opportunity to wear any kind of fur, faux or otherwise. So what’s a girl to do? Katie and I came up with the idea of showcasing fur possibilities for those of you who may be looking for something that falls in this category.

FUR SCARVES || HAT || HAT

What do you know? On a family outing to Target we stopped in the accessories department and I had three of the cutest models ever. While Benny’s fur is on his face, he did get in on the action wearing a hat. I’ve gotta’ say, even though he was totally joking when he put it on, how cute does he look? Kind of a Pharrell Williams feel if you ask me. The girls on the other hand grabbed these fun fur scarves, (currently on sale for just under $10 in 7 colors) or would you call them stoles? Whatever you want to call them, I think they look darling and yes, they had to get in on the hat action too. P.S. Check out this printed fur scarf

FUR VESTS

Katie and I were in Target a different day and spied these furry vests. They are actually totally adorable and if I wasn’t in my own self sustaining, perpetual summer and the weather was cooler, I’d be tempted to wear one.

FUR COLLAR

This fur collar comes with a sweater that is plus size. I just grabbed it and put it on before realizing they weren’t separates. So I guess you could say it’s a two-fur. Sweater + fur collar. LOL. I crack myself up.

CHEETAH PRINT FAUX FUR COAT

These fur coats are so cute. Once upon a time I had one with a cow hide print that I just loved. They are also really soft and fun to rub. Sorry, that sounds weird, but you know you touch all the soft things when you’re walking through the stores. I sure do.

FAUX FUR COAT

OKAY, this one was by far my favorite. I loved it and if I was in the market for one, I’d be buying this one right here. You could totally dress it up or down and I have no doubt, you’d be warm as toast in it. It’s fun. It’s glamorous, and I highly doubt you’d see anyone you know wearing it. If you have a winter wedding to attend, this is the coat for you.

FAUX LEOPARD JACKET

Here’s the funny thing with all of these jackets. When I picked them up I was thinking to myself, “these are so tacky”. Well when I was trying them on I was thinking to myself, “these are so cute”. HA! See, you never know until you try something on. Something I’m consistently reminding Katie of. Now as you can tell by her face here, she was not a fan. It does border on tacky and I’d never have the guts to wear it, but I still secretly (or not so secretly now) think it’s cute.

PLAID JACKET WITH FUR HOOD

Next up we wandered through Forever 21. Seriously, how cute is this plaid coat? It’s so similar to the JCrew Factory version for HALF the price, which is the next one I’m showing you.

JCREW FACTORY COAT
JCREW FACTORY COAT

So if I was truly in the market for a coat, this one would probably have come home with me. Super cute, fits great and the perfect weight. I loved it. I guess you could say I saved the best for last. Well, not so fast. I have 2 more things to show you.

When looking online for “fur things” and typing “fur” into websites, not only did fur come up, but a lot of the “wubby” type fleece came up too.

WUBBY FLEECE

Would you believe I really considered returning this fleece this summer?? I wasn’t sure I’d get enough wear out of it. HA! MAN, was I wrong. I wear it constantly, and have ordered another one in a different color. Options you know. ?The other funny thing is that I ordered one for Katie this summer, took it to Nashville for her to try on, and she told me to return it. Well as soon as we were together at Thanksgiving, she had mine on. I had one waiting for her when she got home for break and we had to take turns not wearing them at the same time. LOL

FUR COLLAR

Katie was not a fan of this collar, but I personally think it would be so cute with the right sweater or a short buttoned up cardigan. Again, a bargain at less than $8 (currently 50% off on clearance and comes in 4 colors)

The moral of this story is that there are lots of FAUX FUR options out there and at all different price points. I went ahead and rounded up some other things for you to ponder too. Click the picture to get to the item.

Every month we ask a guest blogger to join us, and this month it’s Leslie from Once Upon A Time & Happily Ever After. I love the name of her blog. It sounds like a fairy tale and who doesn’t love a one of those?

I love Leslie’s fur collar and her leopard heels. What a great combination of texture and print along with faux leather leggings. She’s encompassing lots of trends. And on a side note, what a gorgeous backdrop for photos. Color me jealous.

You can find Leslie’s blog here, and also find her on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.

Daenel ~ Living outside the stacks bloginstagrampinteresttwitter
Debbie ~ Fashion Fairy Dust bloglovinbloginstagrampinterestfacebooktwitter
Jennie ~ A Pocketful of Polka Dots bloginstagramfacebookpinteresttwitterbloglovin
Jodie ~ Jodie’s Touch of Style blogfacebookinstagrampinterestbloglovintwitter
Jonet ~ Fabulously Chic Over 50 blog,  facebook, , instagrampinteresttwitter
Kellyann ~ This Blonde’s Shopping Bag bloginstagrambloglovintwitter
Lisa ~ Coast to Coast blogfacebookinstagramtwitterpinterest
Paula ~ Dimples on my What blogfacebookpinterestinstagramtwitter
Shelly ~ The Queen in Between bloginstagrambloglovinpinterestfacebook

We hope you’ll join us and link up.

Loading InLinkz ...

1. Holly Breton
    January 8, 2019 / 3:04 am

LOVE fur- I have a faux fur scarf and a velvet jacket with fur trim- I think the next purchase may just be a fur vest- you look fab as always Lisa and I love the pics with your kids- you must have had a ball!

• January 14, 2019 / 8:54 am

We did Holly! They were so good to indulge me. This ended up being one of my favorite posts. I’d like a fur vest too, but I’d never get to wear it here. You get one and I’ll enjoy it vicariously. XOXO

2. January 8, 2019 / 3:43 am

I’m only going to say two things: Y’alls Target in Cali is MUCH BETTER than ours here in Louisiana and you and your models look oh-so cute! Of course I love all the leopard, too! Even if it is tacky! Ha!

• January 14, 2019 / 8:54 am

I just got lucky that day…I promise, our Target is pretty lame. Now our Targets in MN…those were some Targets. Don’t miss the snow, but I miss my huge Targets. I loved having “in house” models for this. XOXO

January 8, 2019 / 4:21 am

I know you guys had so much fun doing this and trying con all these fun pieces!! Goo timing too as I ma stunning a faux fur coat tomorrow for the Outerwear prompt. Yep, I too love a tacky leopard, lol!! have great day sweets!

• January 14, 2019 / 8:48 am

I wish I could have them model all the time. It was so fun and even Benny was up for it. Love it!!! XO

January 8, 2019 / 5:35 am

Girlfriend, you knocked it out of the park with this post! What a fabulous idea, taking it to the stores! You did have the cutest models! I am also loving all the coats you tried, how fun!

• January 14, 2019 / 8:48 am

Well thank you friend! We had a lot of fun and I wish I had the opportunity to showcase their modeling skills more…they may not, but mom sure does. So fun!!! XO

5. Sarah Shaffer
    January 8, 2019 / 5:38 am

These are adorable!! I love the “fancy” coat. I could totally see you wearing this. I also loved the 21 and Jcrew costs. ALSO, Katie has always been beautiful, but she has just flurioused into a knockout!! She’s getting better with time, just like her mamma! 😉

• January 14, 2019 / 8:48 am

Thanks sweet friend! She’s really come into her own and I’m just so proud of her. I’ll sure be happy when I live close to all of them. Miss you so much! XOXO

6. Cheryl Tucker
    January 8, 2019 / 8:37 am

Faux fur is so fun this time of year! You look fabulous in all your looks!
    Peace!
    Cheryl

7. January 8, 2019 / 9:00 am

Now weren’t you the smartest of us all to go showcase the faux fur at Target?? I love all the varieties, and it’s a good thing I wasn’t with you…i’d have bought at least half of them…LOL!!
    That collar is calling my name though….heck, it’s cold here!!
    And you are SO right about trying things on. I’m finally learning that. Why does it take me 50 years to get smart?

• January 14, 2019 / 8:48 am

Thanks Jodie! It was so fun getting my crew in on the action and them letting me do that just made me happy. Have a great week!! XO

8. January 8, 2019 / 9:15 am

Such a cute post, Lisa! Love that you included adorable guest models and a variety of faux fur options. Way to make it work, girl! Oh, I love that gorgeous fur you said would be perfect for a wedding. So very glam!

• January 14, 2019 / 8:47 am

Thank you Jennie! I’m so happy they were game to let mom have some fun with them. I wish I had the opportunity to do it more! XO

9. jess
    January 8, 2019 / 9:20 am

Love all the hat modeling and fur stoles on the girls. So cute! I really think they all looked grest on you, my favorite being the one you said you would buy, the tan faux fur. I want to say your hair always looks so pretty !
    jess xx

• January 14, 2019 / 8:43 am

They were so cute and I’m so happy they indulged me. It’s much more fun to try ons in a group. LOL

• January 14, 2019 / 8:47 am

And thank you so much for the sweet words about my hair❤️

10. January 8, 2019 / 10:10 am

I love your family try on session! You found lots of fur goodies! I love the fur jacket you fell in love with! The pink fur vest was pretty fabulous too!

• January 14, 2019 / 8:43 am

Thank you Laura! It was so fun getting them in on (especially Benny). XO

• January 14, 2019 / 8:43 am

I know Ruth…it looked real but for a much more reasonable price. Happy Monday!! XO

11. January 8, 2019 / 1:51 pm

Gosh, Lisa, I had no idea Target had that much in the way of fur! I just got home and the only thing I remember seeing for was clutches–I do like those though! The coats are more fun than tacky, I agree. It sure looks like you all had fun.

• January 14, 2019 / 8:43 am

Me either. I was totally surprised. The coats were actually at Nordstrom, I’m afraid I confused people. OOPS! Have a great week! XO

January 8, 2019 / 7:51 pm

Wow… you found a lot of fur at Target! I wouldn’t even have thought they’d have that much, especially in CA! I LOVE the blush fur vest!!! And the leopard coat… I LOVE that photo of your son, daughter and DIL!!! So, so hilarious yet cute and can be!!! I had to laugh when you said your son was wearing his own fur on his face. Ha!

• January 14, 2019 / 8:43 am

I think I may have confused some people…the leopard coats were actually in Nordstrom. Oops. Target did have way more than I expected though. It was fun getting the kids in on the action. XO

13. January 9, 2019 / 4:40 am

Lisa, you and Katie looked adorable in all these photos…like you were enjoying your time together. I loved this post! Great way to be creative with the climate you’re in. 😉

• January 14, 2019 / 8:42 am

Thanks Chrissy! I love it when she’s home and we can do try ons together. It’s much more fun?

14. January 9, 2019 / 1:14 pm

Your family try on session looks so fun! Who knew Target had so many cute faux fur pieces! That pink vest is darling!

• January 14, 2019 / 8:42 am

Hi Jill! It really was. I was so happy they indulged me and played along (especially Benny). XO

15. January 9, 2019 / 1:32 pm

Hello new friend! What a fun post. And what a bounty of faux fur you found. Love, love, love the coats…all three of them. They are epitome of what faux fur is about…funky and unexpected…bright yellow, soft pink! I think all three of the coats would be pretty darn cute paired with my tulle skirt!!
    For a long time I steered away from faux leather (pardon the pun), faux fur and camo…I thought about it too much, and thought they represented killing animals. Now I think they represent the exact opposite…kind of like respecting life.
    Thank you and the gals for inviting me to tag along for your first Ageless Style post of the year. I am honored and excited to have made some new friends.

• January 14, 2019 / 8:42 am

Hi Leslie! So happy you joined us this month! Love finding new blog friends! Have a wonderful week!! XO

16. January 9, 2019 / 3:16 pm

Fun post, Lisa, I felt like I was in Target with you! Talking of fun, BITD when I was a teenager faux fur was called fun fur and I’m sure all you tried on would be fun fur to wear. Hugs, x.

• January 14, 2019 / 8:37 am

I wish we’d run into each other in Target. That would be a ball!!! XO

17. Gingi Edmonds Freeman
    January 10, 2019 / 10:17 am

OMG, playing in Target it pretty much the best thing ever, lol!!! Great post and fun link up! – http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

• January 14, 2019 / 8:37 am

Thank you Gingi! I’m so happy they were game to play along. Have a great week! XO

18. January 10, 2019 / 5:40 pm

LOL What a totally fun post! I love that y’all did a modeling session in Target. I’m definitely digging that faux fur jacket that you liked. The one with the pink collar? Yeah, not so much.

• January 14, 2019 / 8:37 am

Thanks Daenel! It’s ended up being one of my favorites because I love seeing my people in it! XO

• January 14, 2019 / 8:37 am

Thanks Debbie! This post made me smile because I loved having my people in it! XO

19. January 11, 2019 / 6:22 am

Posts like this make me so happy. They are fun, real and in the moment. Plus stylish and glamorous in all those amazing coats. You and your lovely crew ALL look great. I love all the fur coats especially the fun leopard cropped yellow one. Also love all the hats!

Wishing you a beautiful new year ahead Lisa and welcome by and link up with Thursday Moda!

<3 Ada.

• January 14, 2019 / 8:37 am

Thanks Ada!!! Happy New Year to you and Vivian!! XO

20. January 12, 2019 / 1:27 pm

Katie’s displeased face in that one picture had me cracking up, as did “two-fur”! hahaha

• January 14, 2019 / 8:37 am

I know, wasn’t that funny! I almost didn’t even use that pic, but hey, that’s real life. LOL