What to Wear for Thanksgiving

Doo-da-doo!? It’s here! Thanksgiving week is here! Can you believe it? We are heading out to begin our Thanksgiving journey this afternoon. We’re flying to Nashville to pick up Katie…and her car?, then heading to Virginia to meet my parents and brother at my aunt’s house. Excited doesn’t begin to cover it. While we’ve seen my aunt fairly frequently since leaving VA 8 years ago, we haven’t been to her house in that same amount of time. We’re anxious to get back to a place that holds lots of warm memories for us and see some other family we haven’t seen in a lonnng time.

Here’s an outfit you might find me wearing as I stuff my face on Thanksgiving. You’ll note the roomy poncho. Wink, Wink. I can totally unbutton my pants and no one will be the wiser. HA! There is just so much to love about this outfit. The pants have some stretch, the striped tee is the softest and the poncho is just down right adorable.

I added a leopard scarf to zhoosh it up and one of my favorite long necklaces. Style tip: My scarf is actually a long one with tassels on the ends, but I just tied them together to turn it into an infinity scarf. Infinity scarves are still around. They’re not quite as popular as they were a few years ago, but they are just so much easier to style, so I’m not ready to give up just yet.

This leopard scarf would be soooo cute with it and a nice change-up from the traditional leopard colors. Here are some other good options.

SHOP SCARVES

I for one am so happy ponchos are back on the scene. I luv them! I even have a couple I’ve held onto in the past couple years that I have every intention of bringing back to life. This one is a Lou & Grey and it’s no secret I love their stuff. The oatmeal color like mine is sold out, but if comes in a beautiful buttery yellow that will be great now and then for spring transitioning. I think it would be super cute with a black and white striped tee under it too.

SHOP PONCHOS

Do you have your Thanksgiving outfit planned yet? This would also be a great Black Friday shopping outfit if you swap out the olive pants for jeans, and booties for some slip on sneakers. (Maybe in leopard??)

SHOP SLIP ON SHOES

GET THIS LOOK HERE

November 19, 2018 / 3:29 am

Have a wonderful and safe trip my friend! Let me know if you want me to stalk Benny and Erin (since they’ll be in my neck of the woods), I can always “pop in” and say Hi! Lol, wouldn’t they just die??? Hahahahahaha. I can see it now.
    You wear this poncho so well and it’ll probably be cold enough in VA, it will be 79 here so there’ll be no layering for me. I love infinity scarves, I’ll be crushed if they become a fashion faux pas! Love your leopard, a little leopard makes everything better!!! Happy Thanksgiving friend, I am so thankful for YOU!

• November 19, 2018 / 1:53 pm

Well you know good and well you are on my list of things I’m thankful for too. Hope your family has a very wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving too. I know it will be bitter sweet, but hopefully mostly sweet. Love you dear friend!!! XO

2. November 19, 2018 / 4:42 am

I hope you have the best time with your family. It sounds absolutely perfect to me! I adore this look. Perfect poncho. That necklace is gorgeous too. It all works together beautifully!

• November 19, 2018 / 1:53 pm

Hi Carrie! Thanks so much. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving too. XO

• November 19, 2018 / 1:53 pm

Gobble, Gobble. Thanks friend. Looks like the beach is treating you right. Happy Thanksgiving to y’all too!!! XO

November 19, 2018 / 7:06 am

Poncho perfection! Always cute in all your fab ensembles! Wishing you the safest and sweetest travels! Looking forward to pics of the fam! Love you! xo

• November 19, 2018 / 1:53 pm

Thanks so much sweet friend. I’m kinda surprised I haven’t seen this one on you. We have so many of the same things. Enjoy those precious boys. XOXO

4. November 19, 2018 / 8:01 am

Safe travels, my Friend!! And you’re cracking me up about being able to unbutton your pants and hide it under the poncho!

• November 19, 2018 / 1:53 pm

I speak the truth. LOL Give me pie!!! Thanks girlie! XO

5. November 19, 2018 / 3:38 pm

This is one classy piece of knitwear, Lisa, and a perfect piece for smuggling an extra piece of pumpkin pie for the road trip! Loosen those buttons, funny lady, and enjoy a happy turkey day with your family, x.

6. Biana Perez
    November 19, 2018 / 6:07 pm

That looks like a great option for turkey day!! It’s going to be freezing here so I’m not looking forward to figuring out what to wear! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

• December 7, 2018 / 6:14 pm

It was. I actually wore it black Friday shopping and it was perfect.

November 19, 2018 / 7:01 pm

This poncho was made for a Thanksgiving feast! Hee, hee! I love it with and without the scarf! Safe travels, sounds like you have a great Thanksgiving ahead of you!

• December 7, 2018 / 6:14 pm

YASSS!!! We had a wonderful trip…I’m so late responding.

8. November 20, 2018 / 6:12 pm

That poncho is so cute! And I love the striped tee you layered underneath. I like to wear my striped tees like that too! It adds some fun print!

• December 7, 2018 / 6:14 pm

I love it and I’m getting so much wear out of it.

• December 7, 2018 / 6:05 pm

Thanks Jess. I wore it to do some black Friday shopping and it was perfect! Happy weekend! XO

9. November 21, 2018 / 1:02 pm

I hope you have a wonderful time with your family! I really like scarves, but this chunky necklace adds a nice contrast.

• December 7, 2018 / 6:05 pm

Thanks Jodie. I sure hope they don’t go out. Yay for you knitting them. Way to go.

• December 7, 2018 / 6:05 pm

Stretchy pants and big sweaters = heaven. HA! Happy Friday!

10. December 6, 2018 / 11:56 am

I love cozy outfits like this one. Looks great

michellespaige.com