Plaid for the Holidays or Anyday

Are you still wearing your white jeans? Contrary to popular belief in the past, it’s really okay to wear them after Labor Day. I promise. You aren’t going to get a ticket or be kicked out of the once a southern girl, always a souther girl club. In fact I think even the girls in the deep south are coming around to the newfangled (Did you know that’s one word? I didn’t. LOL) way of thinking.

I’m trying to remember to reset my brain, and if you are a mid-lifer then you know that’s an exercise in itself. LOL I want to make use of my white jeans for more than 3 months out of the year and show them a little love year round. Let’s just say I’m liberating them.

Now let’s get to the real headliner here. Plaid. Plaid is the star of the show. I am crazy for plaid. I’m also crazy for stripes and if you want to really get me going, throw some leopard in for good measure. Most days if you look hard enough, you’ll find me sporting leopard somewhere in my outfit.

PLAID SHIRT

Here’s an example of wearing my white jeans well after Labor Day with two of my all time favorite prints. I mean really, plaid just comes back year after year. I love a dependable print with staying power that plays well with others. If you aren’t mixing plaid with leopard, you are missing out.

PLAID SHIRT

PLAID SHIRT || PLUS SIZE || SWEATER || JEANS || LEOPARD FLATS || LEOPARD BELT || CROSSBODY BAG
NECKLACE || EARRINGS || BRALETTE

PLAID SHIRT

Another option would be to throw a striped tee on under this plaid shirt or wear the plaid tied around your waist. I remember a few years ago when I first started mixing prints I felt so weird and now it’s so mainstream and I do it so often I don’t give it a second thought.

Do you recognize this sweater? It’s the same one as the camel one I shared here and here.

PLAID SHIRT

This is a look that is also sheer perfection for the approaching holidays season. The red plaid makes it festive and this would be a great option for Thanksgiving, a girls lunch, casual date night or casual Friday at work just to name a few.

PLAID SHIRT

This is pretty much the outfit formula for one of my every day looks and it’s so easy to recreate. I bet you’ve got some version of all these pieces hanging in your closet right now. Sometimes we just need a little inspiration to mix things up.

SHOP THE POST

PLAID SHIRT OPTIONS

1. Savvy Southern Chic
    November 14, 2018 / 3:01 am

I love this look! Perfect for the holidays.

• November 17, 2018 / 5:51 pm

Thank you Fonda. Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend. XO

2. November 14, 2018 / 3:12 am

Love the plaid with white!! I still wear my white jeans!

• November 17, 2018 / 5:51 pm

YAY, good for you Jaymie. I’m getting better about remembering. Happy Saturday!

November 14, 2018 / 3:37 am

Perfect casual holiday look here my friend! I love the red, white, and black and of course the LEOPARD!!! Yes ma’am you can wear white after Labor Day and you nailed it! You look pretty as a picture sweet friend – gorgeous from head to toe!

• November 17, 2018 / 5:50 pm

Thanks sweet friend. I’m getting better about remembering to wear the white jeans. It just takes a change in thinking. Happy Saturday! XO

November 14, 2018 / 5:18 am

All the Yeses to pretty plaid!! Not only do you look incredible my friend, but the plaid choices you have brought us is spectacular!! The teacher in me loves that you do your homework!! So love the crisp white with the plaid….pretty spectacular! Have a great day sugar pie!

• November 17, 2018 / 5:50 pm

You wear plaid so beautifully. Hope you’re having a wonderful Saturday! XO

5. November 14, 2018 / 7:07 am

I love that plaid shirt. It looks like it’s a Rails shirt (they’re so expensive) and it’s great with the white jeans.
    X, Julie | This Main Line Life

• November 17, 2018 / 5:49 pm

Thanks Julie! Yes, those are crazy high. This is a good dupe. Happy weekend! XO

• November 17, 2018 / 5:48 pm

Thanks girl! You’ve got your awesome Rails top though. Hope y’all have a wonderful beach trip!!!! XO

6. Cheryl Tucker
    November 14, 2018 / 9:24 am

I love this fresh look! The red and white top with white jeans is so fun and new! I have to recreate this look!
    Peace!
    Cheryl

• November 17, 2018 / 5:48 pm

Thank you Cheryl. Hope I get to see it on you. Happy weekend!

7. November 14, 2018 / 9:29 am

I don’t have enough plaid in my closet ! Seriously, but seeing this post has me thinking about adding more. You look fabulous in that plaid shirt !

• November 17, 2018 / 5:44 pm

Well Old Navy will take care of that. LOL. You can find plenty of plaid there. Thanks friend!

8. November 14, 2018 / 10:04 am

I’ve been pulling out my plaid lately too! I love how yours looks paired with white jeans! I need to try that!

9. November 14, 2018 / 10:18 am

I *WISH* I could pull off white jeans! Maybe after this pregnancy I’ll get my body back and one day pull them off haha, the plaid against the white is beautiful and you, as always, look perfect!

• November 17, 2018 / 5:43 pm

Girl, you can absolutely pull off white jeans. You are such a precious little pregger girl!!! XO

10. November 14, 2018 / 2:41 pm

You look adorable Lisa! And I know that a rule-follower, such as yourself, says to go ahead and wear white than it must be ok!!! 😉 And love your choice of plaid my friend.

11. leaculp
    November 14, 2018 / 5:09 pm

I haven’t worn my white jeggings in a while but think I’ll pull them out and wear them soon, thanks for the reminder. Love the plaid top. I have no plaid, it’s just not a favorite for me. but it sure looks cute on you. Happy rest of the week!

• November 17, 2018 / 5:42 pm

Good girl! Wear white and be proud. ? I’m getting better at remembering. I wore mine again Thursday. Happy Saturday! XO

12. Kim Taylor
    November 14, 2018 / 9:00 pm

Now I totally see why you and Shelly are fast friends! You girls ROCK at mixing plaids, stripes and leopard! You are both my idols! and here in California we can wear white year round! LOL

13. November 15, 2018 / 3:34 am

I’m still wearing my white jeans! I think I’m wearing them more this year, than I have in the past, and I love it! I’m a plaid lover too and love this combination. My mom still cringes when I mix patterns, I’m like mom you need to get with it haha!

Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

• November 17, 2018 / 5:41 pm

YAY! We’re catching on. HA! Yep, mom needs to get on board with the pattern mixing. LOL

November 15, 2018 / 7:16 am

I love to wear my white jeans in the Fall! I tend to wear them a little less once winter hits, but I still willl wear them sometimes as some of my tops just really go good with white denim, ya know?! I just LOVE, love this outfit! That bag is really cute, too! I love the fringe/hem on the bottom of those white jeans!

• November 17, 2018 / 5:40 pm

I’m getting much better at remembering to do it. The hem on the jeans is so fun. I had white jeans, but just loved these, so you know I caved. Happy weekend! XO

15. November 15, 2018 / 8:39 am

I wear my white jeans year round and love your’s with the frayed hem! So cute styled with the red plaid! You look darling!

• November 17, 2018 / 5:40 pm

Thanks Jill!! I had white jeans, but when I saw the hem on these…I had to buy them. HA! XO

16. November 18, 2018 / 2:29 pm

How cute are you?!? xoxo

• December 11, 2018 / 8:18 am

Thank you Jessica! I truly love leopard and plaid!

17. Mummabstylish Mummabstylish
    November 21, 2018 / 12:56 pm

Love the check with the leopard pumps! Thanks for sharing on #chicandstylish with me. Jacqui Mummabstylish

• December 11, 2018 / 8:18 am

I just ordered a replacement for those shoes…I’ve worn them out. They are THAT GOOD!!! Thanks Jacqui!

18. jess
    November 24, 2018 / 8:51 am

This looks great Lisa, red is really a stunning color on you and I love the plaid mixed with leopard. I actually forget about my white jeans! I do like them in the winter, I just need take them out.
    jess xx

• December 11, 2018 / 8:18 am

Thanks Jess! I wore my white jeans again last week. I’m working on it .HA!