Friday Favorite #123

It’s Fri-yay friends and I’m going to let you in on a little secret. I have been confused all week about what day it is. Kent and I traveled on Monday and it threw off the whole week, then throw in that I’ve been on Eastern and Central time for two weeks and my internal clock is completely screwed up. I’m sleepy by 8:00 at night and waking up by 4:00 in the morning. Hopefully a few more days and I’ll get back to normal…just in time to “fall back” and gain an hour. LOL #whydoweevenhavedaylightsavingstime

Enough about me, let’s get to this weeks Friday Favorites and see what flipped my switch.

STILA LIPCOLOR

Do you have trouble finding lipsticks you like? I do. My lips are a weird color and I have to prime them before adding any color to them. I hate buying a new lipstick only to try it once and find it’s a funky color on me. I received a sample size Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in one of my Birchbox boxes and I am loving it. It has some real staying power. I found a couple on clearance on the Rack website and ordered this one in ‘Angelo’  and it’s a great neutral in a matte finish. My other favorite long wear liquid lip color is a Kat Von D and it wears like iron too.

Shop my current lipsticks here…

POLO COLOGNE

For Kent’s birthday I got him some Polo cologne. I know I may be showing my his age and it’s kinda old fashion, but it’s still good stuff. He wore this many moons ago and it’s always been a favorite of mine. He’s also a cologne sponge and fragrances seem to disappear easily, but Polo hangs in there for hours.

Get your man some here…

OLD NAVY, NICKEL & SUEDE, ROCKSTAR JEANS

Before leaving for my trip I placed an order at Old Navy and the stuff was finally here when I got home. Is it just me or is shipping from ON and Loft sloooow? I ordered these new Rockstar jeans with a cute little slit detail at the ankle, and this smocked floral shirt that both Shelly and Kellyann had and I loved.  The burgundy color is sold out, but it comes in a white floral and is on sale for $9.97 with and additional 30% off. #dirtcheap

These jeans are good, like really good. Rockstar jeans are so comfortable and come in a great variety of styles, colors, distressed and non-distressed. Something for everyone and such a great price point.

Kellyann and I also took advantage of the Nickel & Suede Buy 1 Give 1 promotion last month and each bought a different pair of earrings and then swapped our extra pairs so we both got two new colors. #smartthinking The blush ones (size medium) are what she ordered and they look like they were made to go with this top and I guess we weren’t the only people who loved them, because #theysoldout I am developing quite a collection of N&S earrings. They are so comfortable, lightweight and cute.  You can’t go wrong.

Here are my favorites…

P.S. I’m wearing the new Stila Liquid Lip in this picture.

RODAN + FIELDS, RADIANT DEFENSE

Last month Rodan + Fields launched a new product that is taking the beauty industry by storm. I don’t know if you’ve ever noticed that Rodan + Fields doesn’t advertise, but that’s because we don’t have to. Our products are sold through word of mouth. They actually used to be in high-end department stores like Nordstrom and when the Dr’s realized it wasn’t the women behind the counters selling them, but customers were telling their friends, they took them out of the stores and began marketing through direct sales.

? Why am I so excited about this product??

it’s a Derma-cosmetic (a product with skincare benefits that also delivers a radiant, even-toned complexion)
 it doesn’t clog pores
 it doesn’t cause acne
 it’s oil-free
 it has an SPF of 30
 it’s super lightweight
 it protects skin from the environment, like pollution and dirt and from UVA/UVB rays

I believe in this so much that I am sharing my naked face with you. Here’s my before and after using Radiant Defense in Sand.

RADIANT DEFENSE, RODAN + FIELDS

I’ve been wearing the Radiant Defense for a few days and I love it. I’ve never been a foundation wearing kind of girl, but this is lighter, goes on easily and is good for my skin. I typically have an oily T-zone and I was worried this might add to that, and I’ve been pleasantly surprised that that has not been an issue.

Here are a few more before and afters

Rodan + Fields, Radiant Defense And here’s why we don’t have to advertise, the products are so good major publications are doing it for us.
#thankyou

We have a really cool tool to help figure out which shade is right for you (and honestly you can probably go between 2-3 shades). Click here and try it for yourself.

Interested? Just let me know and I’d love to get you started with skincare. There’s no better time to take care of you than now.

Baby love!!!

Yesterday I had the opportunity to help in the children’s department at bible study for a bit. I got to love on precious baby Ellie. She was so sweet. I’ve always been a baby person and it’s been a while since I’ve had the chance to cuddle a little one. I think the smile on my face tells you everything you need to know about how I felt.

We’ve got tickets to see “A Star Is Born” on Sunday and I’m super excited. I have a feeling it will be a favorite next week. Hope y’all have a great weekend!

1. October 12, 2018 / 8:46 am

Okay, first off, you’re gorgeous, and your skin is flawless! I absolutely hate spending money on skincare products, but I’m seriously intrigued about this product…tell me more?! And cost?! Also, Polo is classic, so I don’t think it’s showing your age at ALL. Happy weekend, beautiful Lisa!

• October 12, 2018 / 10:07 am

Oh my gosh…you are the BEST! Thanks so much sweet girl! I sent you an email with all the deets. Happy weekend!! XO

October 12, 2018 / 9:48 am

I’m so glad you got that top from ON! Now we’re triplets! I love me some Polo, such a classic. Your new product is fab on you, you know me full coverage foundation all the way! That picture with you and the sweet baby girl is priceless like YOU!!!

• October 12, 2018 / 10:07 am

Me too, it’s so cute! I kinda want the hot pink one now. Baby snuggles are the best and I’m convinced they are good for your soul! Happy Weekend. XO

3. Tammy Nelson
    October 12, 2018 / 2:19 pm

LOL ! I Love love Polo Cologne. My hubby wore it when we first met and I’ve bought it for a few times in the past 28 years. Hoping that you have a fabulous weekend !

• October 12, 2018 / 2:37 pm

I wonder if a lot of us “girls” our age don’t have fond memories of Polo? Happy weekend to you too!!! XO

4. October 12, 2018 / 11:06 am

Your ON top is so pretty and I’m loving your pink earrings! I saw A Star is Born last weekend and it was sooooo good! Enjoy!

• October 12, 2018 / 2:38 pm

Thanks Jill!!! I can’t wait to see it and then I want to see the one with Barbara S in it. XO

5. Kim Taylor
    October 12, 2018 / 2:19 pm

Tony and I are having a date afternoon movie and seeing A Star Is Born today. Everyone is raving about it so I am excited to see it. I have never seen it with Barbra S. and Kris K so I am anxious to see how Tony compares the 2. I got my pink Gibson sweater in while I was in Penn and as soon as it cools off here in the Central Valley. I will send you a pic of me for a side by side! LOL Happy weekend!

• October 12, 2018 / 2:36 pm

YES! Send me a pic. Too cute. It’s gotta cool off here too so I can wear mine. I want to watch the other version after we see this one. Hope y’all enjoy! Happy weekend! XO

October 12, 2018 / 3:58 pm

POLO! Good stuff! Yes, that sweet baby looks good on you! Someday you’ll be the BEST Grammy! Plus that sweet girly was probably thinking, I like this stylin lady in her Gingham and leopard! Get some rest this weekend! Hugs!

• October 15, 2018 / 10:53 am

And now our bedroom smells like it after he leaves for work.? Until I get my own little snuggle bug, I’ll just have to borrow them. Have a wonderful week my friend! XO

7. leaculp
    October 12, 2018 / 6:21 pm

My daughter wears the Rockstar jeans and loves them. And, what a precious little one. Have a great weekend and I can’t wait to hear about the movie!

• October 15, 2018 / 10:52 am

They are so good and such a great price, you can’t go wrong! I think I’m going to have to volunteer to babysit her and get some snuggle time. The movie was great, but full of profanity.? I could have done without that. Have a great week! XOXO

8. October 12, 2018 / 6:57 pm

That Polo cologne is bringing back some 80’s and 90’s memories for this Girl! Go on and get in some Grammie practice while you can, Girlfriend!

• October 15, 2018 / 10:51 am

Doesn’t it though. And since he’s started using it, every morning when I go back upstairs in our room I can smell it❤️

9. October 14, 2018 / 2:18 pm

Your Old Navy outfit is so cute! Finding a good lipstick color is the best! And if I have a day off of work, I never know what day of the week it is after that haha. Hope you’re having a great weekend, Lisa!

• October 15, 2018 / 10:50 am

Well thank you my friend! I have enough trouble keeping myself together without adding in little challenges .LOL I hope all is well with you cute girl!!!

10. October 14, 2018 / 9:50 pm

Oh, I used to wear Lauren by Ralph Lauren and even named my second daughter Lauren after that perfume! So RL and I go waaaay back. If it’s good, it’s good. And timeless.

Like the looks of that Rodan and Fields sunscreen/foundation/moisturizer stuff. I have such sun damage. I look freckled but it is sun damage. Years of sun worshipping have taken a toll.

You are a natural at baby snuggling. I am fresh from a trip to see my two year-old grand and her snuggles just fill me with such joy.

• October 15, 2018 / 10:49 am

Hi Leslie! I wore Lauren too. I think it was definitely part of that 80’s-90’s era. Baby snuggling is one of my favorite pass times.❤️ If you are ever interested in undoing some of your sun damage, let me know. The Rodan + Fields Reverse really does help. I’ve been using it for about 3 years and love it. I have a couple of spots that have lightened but will never go away and overall, much less damage. My mom who was an esthetician for many years even tells me how much better my skin looks since starting to use R+F. I always feel like that’s really telling and saying something, Thanks so much for reading and commenting. Have a great week! XOXO

(here’s a link in case you want to poke around my R+F site) https://lrichardson3.myrandf.com/

11. October 15, 2018 / 12:29 am

So sweet, Ellie was enjoying it just as much as you! Hugs, x.

12. October 16, 2018 / 3:22 am

Old Navy’s shipping is frustratingly slow! I agree! Although it’s free with free returns so I try not to mind too much. That top is really cute on you! I love the print!

• October 16, 2018 / 6:22 am

Thank you! That’s exactly why I’m able to tolerate it, Laura. Have a great day! XO