Transitioning White For Fall

Happy Fall y’all! I swear that phrase is everywhere I look these days. I think it’s just fun to say. Our weather felt like anything but fall this weekend, it’s still nice and warm but I think that’s only going to last a few more days and then we’re going to drop 15+ degrees. Y’all know I love me some warm weather, but since the temps are going to start to drop I guess I’ll have to dress accordingly. I find it most challenging figuring out what to wear when the weather calls for mid 70’s-80’s. How about you? I don’t know why, but transitioning seasons is sometimes perplexing for me.

Once upon a time white wasn’t to be worn before Easter or after Labor Day, but those days for most are gone. I think even true southerners have softened on this one and come around to white being acceptable year round. So what’s the best way to take white from summer to fall?

For me the easiest way to take white into fall is with layers. Actually the easiest way to transition anything to fall is with layers. For transitioning in the spring adding pastels are best, but for the fall adding warmer tones are the solution. This warm coral sweater is perfect and sadly no longer available, but one of the 3 below would be good alternatives.

I also chose to mix cream or “winter white” with my white jeans. Some of you may be too young to remember (I can’t believe I’m having to use that phrase?) the description of off white being winter white. I remember back in the 80’s and 90’s this is how it was referred to. My mom and I both had winter white pants and she had a beautiful winter white suit. They were so pretty with golds and pale pinks. So to round out this super easy look I chose a winter white cami, a statement necklace and some fun animal print shoes. An animal print shoe is also a great accessory for spring and fall transitions. I find myself wearing mine the most during these two seasons.

I love having a few key pieces to make transitioning a little easier and now that I’m getting more comfortable with idea of taking white past summer I’m trying to find more ways to make use of my white jeans too. White jeans with a chambray top and taupe booties is another good way to transition those white jeans into fall.

Still need a little more coaxing? Check out these outfits.

Images via Pinterest

Happy Monday!!!!

1. September 24, 2018 / 10:26 am

Gorgeous look on you ! We finally got cooler temps this past weekend and I loved it !

September 24, 2018 / 12:30 pm

I’m totally jealous of your soon to be cooler temps! I love the colors in this outfit and have worn something so similar – I think the same sweater with my white denim and “winter white” cami too! It’s such a pretty combination and your shoes are a fun addition!

• October 15, 2018 / 10:14 am

Those shoes have been some of my all time favs and are so comfortable. Happy Monday! XO

3. September 24, 2018 / 1:58 pm

Lisa, I just love, love, LOVE this outfit. You look unbelievably gorgeous, girl! Coral and you are best buddies, for sure. The cardi is a dream.
    I’ve only now got used to calling off white winter white. Who comes up with these things? Pantone, I ‘spose.
    Hugs my dear, x.

• September 24, 2018 / 4:11 pm

Well thank you Mary!!! I do love coral. It’s one of my favorites, in fact my living room was coral back in the 90’s. So happy!!! XO

4. Biana Perez
    September 24, 2018 / 3:17 pm

I love white for fall especially with tan and leopard! I think it looks so stylish! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

• September 24, 2018 / 4:09 pm

Thanks Biana! I need to remember to pair them with tan and leopard. Thanks for the suggestion! XO

September 24, 2018 / 3:47 pm

It is FUN TO SAY so I’ll say it again, Happy Fall Y’All! And happy you looking so precious in white with great color and leopard pops!

• September 24, 2018 / 4:08 pm

LOL, I knew you’d like saying that. Guess what next Monday is….the best day ever? XO

September 25, 2018 / 7:46 pm

I did not see your darling shoes on your IG post, but ohhh I love them with this outfit. I am pinning this!! I had my ‘Hello Fall’ tee on yesterday!

• October 15, 2018 / 10:14 am

Those shoes have been one of my best purchases!!!

7. Laura
    September 26, 2018 / 9:03 am

I love adding fall colors and patterns with white to transition it to fall! Those shoes are the cutest too!

• October 15, 2018 / 10:12 am

Me too, I just need to remember to do it. I think the whole no white after LD is so hard wired in, I just forget. XO

8. September 26, 2018 / 7:42 pm

You just can’t go wrong with that cardigan, so soft and comfy. Also, cute top you have there dear!

• October 15, 2018 / 10:14 am

Thank you Jessica! I need to get one in black (the cami). I love the scallops! XO

9. September 27, 2018 / 10:42 am

I absolutely love white in the Fall! This is a great way to transition!

• October 15, 2018 / 10:14 am

Thanks Vanessa!!! I need to remember to keep taking advantage of my white jeans! XO

10. October 15, 2018 / 3:58 am

No. I’m fully convinced and you look just as cute as those pins! 😉 love your adorable, animal print flats, as well as the fact that when I’m looking at your outfits I know they are affordable but they look high fashion! Thanks for sharing your fabulousness with the Sunday Showcase. It wouldn’t be the same without you! 🙂

• October 15, 2018 / 10:12 am

Well aren’t you just the sweetest!! Thank you my sweet friend!! Have a great week! XO

11. October 16, 2018 / 9:01 am

Love how you styled white for fall. Looks so chic

michellespaige.com