Mocha Frosted Brownies

Happy Wednesday friends! Y’all know by now that I have a serious sweet tooth, in fact I think it’s more like a full set. You also know my first love is chocolate. #sorrykent #imetchocolatefirst Well do you know what’s even better than chocolate? Chocolate with a little coffee. Coffee somehow magically intensifies the flavor of chocolate, so we’re talking about a match made in heaven.

Today I’m sharing a recipe I’ve been making for years that I got from Sandra Lee’s Semi-Homemade on the Food Network. I love a recipe that starts with pantry ingredients, and this one is super easy to throw together and very decadent.

If you love chocolate and coffee, then you are going to love these!

Tip: Line your baking pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray to make it easy to just lift them out and then cut.

Espresso powder is the not so secret ingredient.

Mocha Frosted Brownies

For Brownies:
1 box Brownie Mix
Optional: 1/2 – 1 cup Chocolate Chips

Make according to package instructions and add chocolate chips. Pour into foil lined, greased pan and bake recommended time. Cool completely.

For Frosting:
1 stick butter
4 cups powdered sugar, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
1/2 cup chocolate syrup

Cream butter in large mixing bowl. Add chocolate syrup and espresso powder and combine thoroughly. Add powdered sugar and cup at a time until reaching desired consistency.

Frost brownies and place in refrigerator to set up for several hours or over night. Cut into desired size squares.

Enjoy now and Pin this for later?

1. August 22, 2018 / 10:27 am

I used to love Sandra Lee’s Food Network show. Remember how coordinated her kitchen always looked with the theme of the show? These look delicious!

• August 23, 2018 / 7:12 pm

LOL, I know…I saw yours a loved them so I had my eagle eye looking for them. XO

2. August 22, 2018 / 11:14 am

Oh my gosh, these look divine! It’s no secret I have a HUGE sweet tooth right now, so I think I need to add this to my recipe repertoire – and soon!

• August 23, 2018 / 7:11 pm

You most deifinitely do and you sooo deserve them! XO

August 22, 2018 / 12:44 pm

Mmmmmmm yum! I used to love watching Sandra Lee’s Semi Homemade! Gosh that brings back so many good memories. I was thinner then too, what the heck? Hope you’re enjoying your vacation!

• August 23, 2018 / 7:12 pm

Having the best time!!! These are so darn good! You need them?

4. Kim Taylor
    August 22, 2018 / 7:38 pm

These look amazing! Will be saving this for a football weekend! YUM!

5. August 23, 2018 / 8:58 pm

Your first paragraph had me cracking up, Lisa, especially the hash tags! Love the idea of the coffee twist to these brownies and the semi-homemade slant is a great time-saving concept. Thanks for sharing (though maybe my waistline won’t be so thankful!). Hugs, x.

• August 27, 2018 / 2:55 pm

Happy to provide laughs, Mary! These brownies will make your day!!! Happy Monday! XO

6. Laura
    August 25, 2018 / 7:41 pm

OH MY GOSH! YUM!! These look SO good! I definitely need to make these ASAP! Thanks for sharing!

• August 27, 2018 / 2:54 pm

They are so decadent! Hope you love them when you make them. XO