How I Cleaned My Tory Burch Sandals

Have you ever wanted something, but just really felt like spending the money on it wasn’t practical? I think there are a whole bunch of us who had this same feeling about the iconic Tory Burch Miller sandals. I wanted a pair of these little darlings for a few years before I finally allowed myself to get them. I bought them last year during the big sale  (to take advantage of a triple points day). Can I tell you that I haven’t regretted this purchase for a single second? Well I haven’t. I wear them all the time and while I’m kind of ashamed to admit this, I don’t love them because they offer some super quality like comfort (although they are comfortable), but I love them because they are “Tory Burch Miller sandals”. They’re cute and trendy and it’s kind of like some weird sister-hood.

When you pay what I consider to be top dollar for a shoe or accessory, you naturally want them to last.

Last summer they faired pretty well and didn’t show too much wear, but this summer they started looking pretty dirty. I kept meaning to do something about it and then I’d forget. Well I finally remembered to clean them one day this week and thought some of you just might like to know how I did it. It’s a little nerve-wracking to mess with a leather shoe and wonder if you’re going to accidentally ruin it.

See how dirty they were?

Are you familiar with Saddle Soap? I bought this tin of saddle soap years ago, like over a decade and it’s still going strong. I originally purchased it to clean the leather seats in our van, back in the day.

I decided that if it was okay to use on leather seats, it would probably be okay for leather sandals.

I used a toothbrush that was wet, rubbed it on the surface of the saddle soap and then scrubbed the dirty areas of my sandals. You can wet the toothbrush a little more if it’s not lathering up. Then wipe off the soap with a clean, soft cloth.

Check out the before and after. Wow, what a difference!

I want to do all I can to make these last as long as possible. If you have a pair, have you cleaned them and if so how? Maybe you have an even better method.

Shop sandals and saddle soap here…

1. August 9, 2018 / 2:15 pm

They look so good! My Millers are in need of a good cleaning after this summer too!

2. Kim Taylor
    August 9, 2018 / 3:30 pm

I have a leather cleaner I use for all of my Tiek ballet flats so I get you! I can not wear these. I love them so much and Tony got me a pair 2 years ago and they hurt my feet so bad because I needed more arch support. I wanted to love them sooooooo bad but I couldn’t justify keeping them if I knew I wouldn’t wear them all the time. I still love them to pieces. LOL

• August 11, 2018 / 9:55 am

If I’m walking long distances or on brick pavers (weird, right?) I can’t wear them. My feet get more temperamental every year. NOOOO!!!

August 9, 2018 / 3:34 pm

Brilliant, I have 2 pairs of Miler’s and I am bookmarking this! The problem I run into the most is scuffs at the tips. A colored pencil helped out the luggage colored pair, lol!

• August 11, 2018 / 9:38 am

The scuffs are the worst and that’s what worried me most and made me the most hesitant to keep mine. I just knew I’d rip the toe right off the first time I wore them. I do find myself being more careful when I have these on than other shoes. I use a furniture marker for touch ups. I should have thrown that in there. LOL

4. Stacey Keeling
    August 9, 2018 / 4:01 pm

Well I ever would have thought of that! My husband uses saddle soap on his boots every year but using it on my shoes never crossed my mind. Thanks girl!

• August 11, 2018 / 9:38 am

My pleasure, Stacey!!! Love it when we can share and help each other. Happy weekend! XO

August 9, 2018 / 4:52 pm

Well Martha Stewart you are brilliant! They look so much better, like new! I do love the look of those sandals but they’ll never work on my feet. I will continue to admire them on you and all my besties!

• August 11, 2018 / 9:35 am

HA HA HA! Getting older and our feet freaking out is no fun. Mine are more finicky all the time, so I feel ya’ friend.

August 9, 2018 / 8:50 pm

Ah, thanks for the great tip on cleaning these! I am going to have to get some of this at the start of next summer. My nude pair are starting to show some wear because I wear the heck out of them. And I’m with you on the shameful reasoning for wanting these sandals. I’m not proud of it and but at least I’m in good company!
    ~Gina~

• August 11, 2018 / 9:34 am

Happy to help. Mine had gotten so nasty looking, I couldn’t take it. HA. AND YES, you are in good company. At least we own it. LOL

7. Laura
    August 10, 2018 / 8:03 pm

What a difference! They look great! I am saving this for when my pair finally arrive!

• August 11, 2018 / 9:33 am

YAY! I can’t wait for you to get yours. You’ll love them!

8. August 12, 2018 / 2:00 pm

Thanks for doing this post (great idea). I bought some of the soap and am going to try it. I have a number of pairs of leather sandals that are looking a little the worse for wear. http://www.thismainlinelife.com

• August 22, 2018 / 1:03 pm

Hi Julie! I hope it works well for you. I just have a hard time remembering to actually do it. LOL XOXO

9. Mummabstylish Mummabstylish
    August 14, 2018 / 4:28 pm

That’s worked perfectly well. Great post, thanks for sharing on #chicandstylish #linkup Jacqui Mummabstylish

10. August 28, 2018 / 2:26 pm

I just used the saddle soap on my white sandals and it did a great job. I’m going to list it as one of my “Finds” on tomorrow’s Fun Facts and Finds Link Up Party. I’ll link to and mention your blog when I talk about it so people will come check out your post too. Is that OK? http://www.thismainlinelife.com

• August 29, 2018 / 7:34 pm

Hi Julie!!! I am so happy it worked well for you and YES, I’d love for you to share and link back to me. A million thanks. Happy Wednesday!!! XO

11. christina de giosa
    May 7, 2019 / 10:40 am

will it change the color of the nude ones?

• May 8, 2019 / 10:02 am

Hi Christina! I’ve only done it on the luggage color in the pic. I’m sorry I don’t know how it would do on those. Have you ever gotten them wet? If so and they dried out ok then it would probably be safe. Maybe test it on a spot under the ball of your foot that wouldn’t show? Let me know it you do it and it works. 🙂

12. Jessica Black
    July 26, 2019 / 8:12 am

did it leave them feeling rough? from the looks of the picture it looks like it is? i tired to clean one of min with a solution i read online and seem to make them rough also in the test spot i tried.

• July 26, 2019 / 8:41 am

Hi Jessica! No, it didn’t leave them rough. I think it looks like that just from the lines in the leather from wear?
      XO