Low Carb Cucumber and Avocado Salad

Now that summer is in full swing, temperatures are up, days are longer,  we don’t want to heat up the kitchen. We find ourselves turning to the grill and enjoying all things summer. Burgers, grilled chicken, pork, steaks, and  grilled veggies are frequently on the menu. I thinks it’s funny how there a certain foods that are really seasonal. I’m looking at you corn on the cob. We don’t eat corn on the cob in the winter and we don’t eat roast or chili in the summer. It just wouldn’t seem right.

One thing we do eat a lot of in the summer is salads of all kinds. Some of our favorites are Asian Chicken Salad, Buffalo Chicken Salad, and Fish Taco Salad, but we don’t always have a salad that’s a main dish. I also love a good salad as a side. Grill up a protein and add a salad and you’re good to go. You’d think maybe you’d lose a little weight in the summer with this meal formula, but maybe the ice cream that seems to come with summer offsets that. HA!

This Cucumber and Avocado salad couldn’t be easier or more delicious and is perfect to throw together for a summer side and it’s also low carb. Cucumber, Avocados and Feta are all on the low carb side.

#YIPPEE

Easy Peasy shopping list

English Cucumber (I used a half)

Avocado (1 large or 2 small)

Lemon

Fresh Dill

Feta Cheese

I’m sure your run of the mill garden cucumber would work fine, but English cucumbers are my cucumber of choice. The skin is more tender and the seeds are supposed to be less likely to cause #burping. With that being said, I still choose to remove the seeds before dicing. I just use a regular spoon and run it down the center of a cucumber that’s been halved lengthwise to remove the seeds, then chop/dice in small pieces.

Combine all ingredients in bowl and gently toss.

The avocado will make an almost creamy sauce on the salad.

So here’s a recap

Chop cucumber and avocado

Chop Dill

Add desired amount of Feta

Squeeze the juice of a large fresh lemon over top of salad

Add salt and pepper

Gently combine

Enjoy

This salad is best when eaten soon after making and does not store well

Enjoy and Pin this graphic for easy access next time you need a delicious, quick, easy side salad. I also will eat this for my lunch some days and I think a little shrimp or salmon thrown in would be so delicious.

1. July 16, 2018 / 9:50 am

Lisa! This looks divine! We’re living that low-carb, high-fat lifestyle here, so this is RIGHT up our alley. Totally sold, and I’m making this tonight. Thanks!

• July 17, 2018 / 8:31 pm

You will love it! Hope your week is going great. I know you miss your man, but hang in there sweet girl!! XO

July 16, 2018 / 10:33 am

Yum! I never knew the seeds caused burping! Thanks for the info. This looks so good and easy, perfect! I love all the salads in the summer, yes it’s that darn ice cream!

• July 17, 2018 / 8:29 pm

LOL…I forget where I learned that, but better safe than sorry. Hope you love it! XO

• July 17, 2018 / 8:28 pm

Oh good. I hope you love it! It’s so fresh and delicious!! XO

3. July 16, 2018 / 2:25 pm

Keep those tasty low-carb dishes coming my way, Lisa! Hugs, x

4. Laura
    July 16, 2018 / 7:34 pm

Yum! These flavors sound so amazing together! Thanks for sharing this!

• July 17, 2018 / 8:28 pm

They are and I was really surprised how much I loved it! XO

July 17, 2018 / 1:49 pm

I am going to pin this! I just love fresh and unique salads in the summer to pair with a BBQ’ed item! 🙂 And, I love cucumbers and avocado, so this is perfect!

• July 17, 2018 / 8:27 pm

Oh good. I wasn’t sure about it when my friend described it, but oh my! It was delicious!!! XO

6. Paula@SweetPea
    July 18, 2018 / 4:20 am

I can’t wait to try this! It looks so good!! Pinned it to spread the love!

July 18, 2018 / 6:04 am

This looks DELICIOUS and so perfect for summer! And easy enough that even I could make it! LOL. This also looks like it would be great to bring along as a side dish to a BBQ. Easy to transport and serve. Thanks for sharing!
    Gina || On the Daily Express