What Are You Wearing for the 4th of July?

Are you ready for the 4th? ??The big question is, do you have an idea of what you’re going to be wearing? Depending on what your plans are, will likely influence your outfit(s). When our kids were young and we lived in Richmond, VA, we’d typically participate in a cookout with friends somewhere and then go to the Science Museum parking lot (because it was next to the ballpark) and watch fireworks. Of course we didn’t just go watch fireworks. We’d go early to get a good spot and then someone would make a run to Krispy Kreme for hot donuts. I’m not sure which part the kids looked forward to the most, the fireworks or donuts.

If I’m being totally honest here, and why wouldn’t I, I’m not really big on wearing red, white & blue {together} except for on the 4th. Actually,  I just don’t wear a lot of red in general. With that being said, I don’t want to spend a lot for an item or two that aren’t going to be worn on the regular. I’ll save my money to buy something I know I’ll get a lot of use out of or reeeaaallly love and just get something trendy and on the cheaper side for fire-cracker day.

Here are a couple of dresses I’ve worn in the last couple of years. Little swing type dresses are a great choice for looking cute and put together all while being able to stay cool.

I also took a look around some of our favorite sites and rounded up a pretty good selection of red, white and blue items in all different price points and styles. There’s probably just enough time to place and order and get it in, in the nick of time for the big day.

WOW, that’s A LOT!!! Hope you find something you like!??

June 27, 2018 / 9:51 am

Wow, loving all of this fabulous red white and blue inspo! So many cute pieces. Like you I don’t really wear a lot of red clothes unless it’s holiday related so I mainly stick to red accessories and a red top here and there. But all of these cute clothes are making me want to wear red white and blue all summer long! .
    Gina || On the Daily Express

• June 27, 2018 / 2:37 pm

Thanks Gina! I know, I love them when I look at them, and then I buy them and they just hang there. What’s wrong with me? LOL

June 27, 2018 / 10:21 am

Guess what I am doing as we speak? Taking a break form packing for our 4th week vacay. I have so much red, white and blue going in the Suitcases(s)! LOL! I love jazzing up a blue chambray, denim or red piece to fit the holiday. LOVE love your picks and I actually have a couple of those pieces of goodness! Hope you’re enjoying your day cutie pie!

• June 27, 2018 / 2:37 pm

OH yeah, I forgot you always go on vacation that week. UGH, I can’t wait 3 more weeks for ours. I’m so ready. Can’t wait to see what all your wear next week. I know you’ll look darling!!! XOXO

3. June 27, 2018 / 11:16 am

Lovely looks, Lisa. Our American family are arriving on 4th and only today I thought perhaps they expect some flag waving or something. Thinking-cap-on time!
    Hugs, x.

• June 27, 2018 / 2:36 pm

Oh Mary, you are such a hoot. Enjoy your visitors! XO

4. June 27, 2018 / 11:49 am

Lisa, I think you look fabulous in red! And swing dresses are my jam this summer! Loved your $th of July memories! Especially the donuts!

• June 27, 2018 / 2:34 pm

Aw, thanks Laura! Those are some sweet memories. I love swing dresses too!!!

5. leaculp
    June 27, 2018 / 5:47 pm

I’m with you, no red/white/blue for me unless it is the 4th but I do like a cute outfit but I do like it then. We are going to a patriotic event tomorrow evening and I’m wearing some navy girlfriend chinos, a white collared sleeves shirt with a red denim jacket. And, I can wear all of those pieces a lot of different ways. I love your red striped dress. Real cute!

6. June 28, 2018 / 7:19 am

Hi Lisa!
    I saw this outfit on IG on you and wanted to pop by and say it looks great! Red is your color! I love the ease of dresses like these and how fun with the converse. I finally bought a pair in white leather! I am with you on the red white and blue- I prefer red and white, or blue and white.. Love the pic with your daughter.
    Have a great day!
    jess xx

7. Maureen O
    June 28, 2018 / 9:27 am

Such a cute striped dress! It looks marvelous on you! I getcha too. My favorite color is red but believe it or not, I don’t own a lot of red. Just a hoodie and a dress that I got earlier in the year when I collaborated with Ada for Heart Disease Awareness. It’s not that I don’t want to wear red, it’s I haven’t found things or items that are red that I want to buy or wear. Happy Thursday and I hope your week is going well.

Maureen | http://www.littlemisscasual.com

8. June 28, 2018 / 2:04 pm

I usually mix and match different pieces in my wardrobe to get a 4th of july look. I tend to go with denim shorts and a red striped top. I’m not a huge fan of the flag shirts or making it really obvious I’m dressing for the 4th.

9. Laura
    June 28, 2018 / 8:47 pm

I love all your picks! I don’t normally choose a specific item for the 4th, but like to use things I already own. I like to save my money for things I will wear more regularly too!

10. June 29, 2018 / 8:07 am

I don’t wear much red either. I do have the same red striped dress though and love it! I’m also loving all of your picks! So many cute pieces!

Jill
    Doused in Pink

June 29, 2018 / 9:46 am

I really like some of those red tops! I like red but don’t own a ton of it. Crazy because that was one of the boys’ high school’s colors. We usually have friends over and swim so there isn’t too much outfit planning. All the places with fireworks are so crowded we typically stay home and set off some small ones. Do we know how to have fun or what? Lol!!
    Love ya friend!

• July 8, 2018 / 8:02 am

It’s kinda sad when I look in my closet and don’t really see any red. I guess I should get at least a little.

• July 17, 2018 / 8:05 pm