This Blonde Travels Coast to Coast

Hey friends and Happy Monday to you! I hope you had a great weekend. We’re having that crazy California weather, when it’s 100+ degrees one day and 20 degrees cooler the next. Saturday was hot, hot, hot and yesterday was really pleasant.

Today has me feeling like there are only two things I need:

Y’all know one of my favorite things about blogging is the friendships I’ve been able to make. Who knew when I started this “hobby” I would be blessed in so many ways? I assure you, I had no idea.

Well I have to tell you that I have the sweetest, most supportive group of “virtual friends” and I look forward to hearing from and interacting with y’all every.single.day. Honestly, that’s one of the reasons I continue to blog on days I may not feel like coming up with something to share. One of the friendships that’s come out of this is with Kellyann. We live about as far apart as you can while still both being in the United States. Kellyann lives in Florida and I live in California.

A few months ago she started planning their summer vacation, and wouldn’t you know that I got lucky and they decided to visit San Francisco. While I want to go south for my vacation to a much warmer climate, they were looking to go west and enjoy some cooler weather. Lucky me!

Kellyann and I literally talk to each other every day using the Marco Polo app. We’ve become the best of friends and what a crazy thing it is. We have so much in common. We both love to shop (hahaha), have two kids – close to the same ages, work from home, just turned 50 and more.

They arrived in California Saturday and I wasted no time getting over to the city to meet her and her sweet crew of guys. Kent and I enjoyed joining them for an afternoon of getting to know each other.

No surprise that Kellyann was of course the best dressed tourist in San Francisco. What else would you expect from a fashion blogger? We are sporting the very wind-blown look you get after about 10 minutes in the city. I’m not really sure how Chicago got the nickname of the “windy city” instead of SFO.

Brian and Kent got along great and were able to talk while Kellyann and I “yammered” on the way we do.

I could go on and on about what a fun time we had getting to meet and talk in person. Kent asked me did it feel “natural” to finally see her and talk and I assured him it absolutely did. So fun!!! Kellyann and I are meeting up with some of our other blogging friends (that we’ve also never met) in the fall for a few days of fun, so we are not only looking forward to seeing each other again, but also meeting some our favorites from this crazy blogging world we are both a part of.

So what did you do this weekend? Did you do something you never thought you’d do? I sure did. ?

Have a great week friends!

1. June 25, 2018 / 10:47 am

Love, love, LOVED this post!! I was waiting all weekend to see pics of you two girls meeting up!! So fun!!

• June 25, 2018 / 11:12 am

We had the BEST time!!! Can’t wait for October!!!!

2. June 25, 2018 / 12:53 pm

So pleased it worked out so well for you lovely ladies, and gentlemen too. I too found the summer days I spent in SF were windy and chilly too, but I was just unlucky. Hugs, x.

• June 26, 2018 / 4:56 pm

I checked her suitcase, but couldn’t find you?
      It was so fun!
      XO

• June 26, 2018 / 4:54 pm

It really was Tanya! Someday, hopefully we’ll meet too!! XO

3. Stacey Keeling
    June 25, 2018 / 2:50 pm

How fun! I’ve been so fortunate to meet lots of bloggers who live here in the Dallas area and who visit. It’s such an unexpected bonus of blogging. 🙂

• June 26, 2018 / 4:54 pm

You live in the blogging capital of the world, I think. LOL Hope you’re having a great week. XO

4. June 25, 2018 / 3:23 pm

How fun! I’m happy y’all were able to meet up and hang out together. Enjoy the rest of your week.

5. June 25, 2018 / 4:13 pm

I just love this, Lisa! So fun seeing you two cuties together and I know y’all enjoyed talking face to face. Just curious, where are y’all meeting up in October? It really is amazing the friendships that develop with the encouragement and back and forth chats through the blogosphere. 🙂

• June 26, 2018 / 4:54 pm

Thanks Jennie! We’re going to Nashville. One of these days it would be so cool to have a meet up on a much larger scale. I’m trying to get my head wrapped around that. XOXO

6. leaculp
    June 25, 2018 / 4:46 pm

Oh, what fun! I’ve met 5 of my blogging friends and it’s been awesome each time. Can’t get over the similarities in the two of you, including tall husbands. :o)) The internet has opened up so many neat opportunities!

• June 26, 2018 / 4:52 pm

Isn’t that just the coolest?! Yes, this whole internet thing is just crazy! XO

June 25, 2018 / 4:46 pm

Just adore you both! What a great meet up and cannot edit to hug both your pretty necks this Fall!!!! xoxo

• June 26, 2018 / 4:52 pm

We are going to have so much fun. Can’t wait to hug you too sweet friend!!! XO

June 25, 2018 / 6:30 pm

So, so fun!! You BOTH look pretty dang stylish and I love that the guys hit it off! What awesome photos, love the background… def. shows all those rolling hills!

• June 26, 2018 / 4:52 pm

Aw, thanks Carrie! Those hills are killer to walk up. We ate, walked and ate some more. LOL

9. Kim Taylor
    June 25, 2018 / 10:11 pm

I loved meeting Shelly (queen in between) and Holly (coordinator of chaos) last year! Now I feel that they are not only friends online but friends in real life! How fun for you!!! I made it to my beach house today and it is so much cooler here. I am actually sitting in my house and enjoying my Barefoot Dreams Lounger! Will be nice to be able to walk outside tomorrow!

• June 26, 2018 / 4:51 pm

I remember when you got to meet them. So cool. Enjoy your time at the beach! XO

10. June 26, 2018 / 5:07 am

Ahh so sweet!! I have loved getting to know both of you through blogging, and can totally see why you have become best of friends!

Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

• June 26, 2018 / 4:51 pm

You are such a doll and one of these times when I’m home visiting my parents, I hope you and I can meet too!! XO

11. Jenifer
    June 26, 2018 / 11:48 am

How awesome that you two were able to meet up! It’s so fun when virtual lives are able to intersect with real lives. Now you need to get out to Florida and visit her! Thanks for sharing. xx Jenifer

June 27, 2018 / 9:54 am

Oh I can’t believe I missed this post on Monday! And like a fool I suggested you do a post on this topic on IG! Argh!! Well, live and learn. I LOVED seeing these pics and hearing that you all had such a great time and that it felt natural. That’s the BEST! And I have to agree about the wind here in CA. San Diego is the same! Maybe not hurricane strength winds all the time but the “ocean breeze” seems a little understated for how it is. Not complaining though…just sayin! 🙂
    Gina || On the Daily Express

• July 8, 2018 / 8:01 am

Here I am, just now answering comments. I am such a slacker about this. Shame on me. YES, we just had the best time. Are you a native CA? Have you ever lived any where else? Just curious! XO

13. Laura
    June 28, 2018 / 12:10 pm

You two look like you have known each other your whole lives! I love the fun relationships blogging can help form!

• July 8, 2018 / 8:00 am

It was just crazy. Kent asked me if it felt natural and I assured him it did. We picked up just like two old friends. Loved it!!!

June 29, 2018 / 9:54 am

This was definitely the highlight of my trip! Best day!!!! I wish we could have had more time together. Isn’t it funny how close you can get to someone who lives so far away? Mind blowing! Just like the cold wind blowing in SF!!! Ha!! Thanks again for coming out to see us, and I cannot wait until October!
    Love ya,

• July 8, 2018 / 7:59 am

Me too!!! Next time! And yes, there will be a next time!