You Need This Sweater

Hallelujah! It seems as though spring has finally sprung and is here to stay. After a few false starts, I’m hopeful this is the real deal. Even though the days are warmer, the mornings and evenings can still be a little cool. Since I hate being cold and want to be comfortable all the time #highmaintenance I like to have some cute sweaters to layer, especially sweaters that are light weight and don’t make me feel overdressed.

Enter this striped sweater from Old Navy. I’d seen it in the store and managed to walk away but continued to think about. As luck would have it, Old Navy came through with an awesome sale and I scored it for a real bargain. If yellow stripes aren’t your thing, it’s also available in navy and white, red and white (which I think is more of a poppy red than true red) and several solids including black which would work for so many looks.

This is an outfit that fits the formula perfectly for the basic mom uniform. Tee + Jeans + Sweater = Mom Uniform. Then add some fun shoes and accessories to pump it up and fight the frump.

I once again am wearing a pair of Old Navy jeans. I didn’t even think about that at the time when I put this outfit together. I have worn these jeans about a million times give or take. HA! They have the built-in sculpt with the perfect amount of stretch and are so comfortable. They don’t bag out and hold their shape wear after wear.

I can’t sing the praises of theses wedge espadrilles enough. I swear I’ve never had a pair of “heels” that were so comfortable I could wear them all day and not blink. I attribute it to the platform at the toe. I have a black pair that are made very similar I wear equally as much. If you are looking for a good heel for summer that you can wear for hours, these are worth spending the money. (splurge /save)

Did you ever see a pair of earrings that you just really loved, but just weren’t sure you could pull them off? Yeah? That’s exactly how I felt about these. I finally put my big girl panties on and ordered them and I’m giddy about them. I mean like I want to wear them everyday, giddy. They are big and bold and so fun, but best of all they are surprisingly light.

SHOP THE POST

• May 8, 2018 / 9:47 am

Thanks Jodie! I know, I want to wear them all the time!

1. May 8, 2018 / 10:36 am

Love the sweater, Lisa, and I actually saw it in the store, but it’s already too dang hot to wear sweaters here in Louisiana. I swear we went from winter to summer in a matter of two weeks! Happy Tuesday!

• May 9, 2018 / 7:56 pm

Thanks friend! I’m ready for summer, bring.it.on. Of course I wish I had pool like you! XO

2. Stacey Keeling
    May 8, 2018 / 11:01 am

Oh girl we are way past sweaters at this point! It was 94 here yesterday! I do love that yellow and the stripes though.

• May 9, 2018 / 7:56 pm

I’m so ready for it to get hot. I prefer heat to cool any day! XO

3. May 8, 2018 / 1:33 pm

I’m with Laura – wish I could wear sweaters here year round, but it’s just too hot. We’re hitting the low 90s now, but thankful we had a cool spring. I love those jeans!!

• May 9, 2018 / 7:54 pm

Even when it’s hot I carry one with me everywhere because I’m cold in stores and restaurants. Go figure! I love it being hot though and actually can’t wait to get back to the heat in the south. I know, I must be crazy…LOL

4. leaculp
    May 8, 2018 / 4:46 pm

Love, love this sweater! I have a navy stripe and black stripe that’s similiar. You wear it well!

• May 9, 2018 / 7:50 pm

And it was such a great deal! Love it even more❤️ Thanks Lea!!! XOXO

May 9, 2018 / 3:04 am

How did I not see this post yesterday? Oh my goodness I am sorry – it just showed up on my feed today! Anyway, love that striped cardi and I am so glad you finally got it girl! It’s perfect with that tee and those earrings are divine! Totally right about the wedges – you fight the frump with a pair of heels for sure. Looking great my beautiful friend!

• May 9, 2018 / 7:50 pm

You are a busy lady. I miss them all the time. LOL Now we can “match” in our striped cardi’s. Add that to the list! XOXO

6. May 9, 2018 / 3:42 am

I loved that sweater from the first time I saw it. I tried it on but it was just too big. I wish it came in petite. Then again maybe it does but I didn’t think of it until I’m typing this. LOL

• May 9, 2018 / 7:49 pm

That’s too bad Carrie. It would be super cute on you! Maybe it does come in petite??

7. Laura
    May 9, 2018 / 8:53 am

That cardigan is so cute! I love the sunny yellow color! And your earrings are gorgeous! You are going to get so much wear from them!

• May 9, 2018 / 7:48 pm

I’m having to control myself and not wear them everyday. HA! Thanks Laura! XO

May 10, 2018 / 5:19 am

You look great in yellow and this outfit is the perfect combination of cute, comfortable and stylish. Love it!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

• May 10, 2018 / 2:32 pm

Thanks Gina! I actually think it’s looks like some of your cute outfits. Great minds! XO

• May 11, 2018 / 4:16 pm

Thanks Jo-Lynne! Happy weekend!! and Happy Mother’s Day!

9. Clairejustineo
    May 12, 2018 / 10:12 am

Such a lovely sweater, love the colours and how you have styled it 🙂

Thanks for sharing at Welcome To The Weekend Blog Hop hope you’re having a lovely weekend.

• May 16, 2018 / 7:35 am

Thank you Claire and thanks for hosting a great link up!

10. Polished Whimsy
    May 16, 2018 / 8:34 pm

I hear you about the weather! But a striped cardi like this is just perfect! Thanks for the encouragement to ditch my jacket and don something more lightweight!

• May 16, 2018 / 8:39 pm

Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Have a great end of the week!

• May 23, 2018 / 9:27 pm

Happy to encourage?. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!