One Tunic Two Ways – take 2

We’re here friends. The last day of February! Out with the red❤️, in with the green?. LOL. I remember “back in the day” when the only holidays that were actually celebrated were Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas and Halloween got an honorable mention. Even back then Easter and Thanksgiving were only a byline. Now it seems every holiday practically has a parade, the dollar spot at Target is full of tempting goodies, and we’re redecorating our homes almost once a month. Retailers are so smart!

Speaking of retailers, I recently purchased my first item from SheIn. I’d seen so many bloggers wearing things from this website I had to give it a try, and since Kellyann and I had so much fun with our last collaboration that we decided to do it again and make it a regular happening. So I hope y’all like seeing two blondes, who live on opposite coasts, and have become blogging besties, showing you how to wear one piece of clothing two slightly different ways. What a crazy world we live in that a friendship can be formed with someone you’ve never even met. I think we are this generations pen pals.

We don’t talk about how we are going to style things before we do it and it seems to work out fine. Kellyann chose to go with a little dressier look and I went with a more casual feel. I can tell you what was probably really different when we took these pictures though. She was probably on the verge of breaking a sweat and I was freeeeezing. Well, freezing for California. There was actually snow on the mountains when I took these pictures and the wind was blowing. We’ve been having the weirdest weather.

eyelet tunic / similar jeans / wedges / necklace / earrings

White eyelet makes me think about my childhood. My mom liked white eyelet and I would wear it as a little girl. This tunic is so sweet. The eyelet alone makes it cute, but add the bell sleeve and sweet little trimmed bottom and it’s just adorable. Since this was my first time ordering fromSheIn I had asked a couple of people I know who have ordered from them about the sizing. Most suggest sizing up and looking at the measurement charts for each item. I did both of those and according to the measurements this top should have been slightly large but it fits to a T. I actually think I could have gone up 2 sizes to a large, and can I just tell you I’ve never had to order a large. Kellyann felt the same way. Mine is a little snug through the back and hers is a little snug through the front.

I wore these wedges all last summer and they were one of my favorite pairs of shoes. For a “heel” they are so comfortable and easy to walk in. I really think I’d like another pair in a different color this summer. This pair is super cute by the same maker.

eyelet tunic / similar jeans / wedges / necklace / earrings

Light denim looks great with this top, but a pair of distressed jeans or these embroidered jeans would be really cute too. These Tory Burch sandals are on sale at Shopbop or these leopard sandals would be darling. I thought it was pretty funny that both Kellyann and I chose to add turquoise jewelry.  A statement necklace like she wore or long pendant like I had on both look perfect.

So what do you think? Do you need a little white eyelet in your life this spring? Do you like it when we do these posts together?

I hope you’ll follow me using some of the social media icons below so we can stay connected.

Enjoy the last day of February friends.

SHOP THIS POST

1. February 28, 2018 / 7:30 am

Oh my goodness, you rock this tunic like no other, Lisa! The look is so springy with lighter jeans, and the wedges make it look so chic and classy. Love!

• February 28, 2018 / 3:17 pm

Hi girlie! You are such a sweetheart. Hope you are having a wonderful week!!! XO

February 28, 2018 / 7:49 am

LOVE these collabs and love both of you! That crisp white just screams, Spring Come On! Such a fun, pretty and sassy outfit on a beautiful lady!

• February 28, 2018 / 3:16 pm

You need to do one with us too sweet friend. 3 blondes!!!! Come on warm weather so I can wear that cute little top! XOXO

3. February 28, 2018 / 9:03 am

Oh I love that top. So pretty on you!!

4. Stacey Keeling
    February 28, 2018 / 9:08 am

Love the top and you two look fabulous! So springy and pretty. 🙂

• February 28, 2018 / 3:13 pm

Thanks Stacey! Now it just needs to get warm. XO

5. Laura
    February 28, 2018 / 9:21 am

I always have to order a size or two up at SheIn too. But it’s worth it because I typically have great luck finding cute things! This top is adorable and I love how both of you styled it! I love it with the turquoise jewelry!

• February 28, 2018 / 3:16 pm

It is a cute top and looks great with turquoise. The sizing is my only qualm with SheIn, but I think you’re probably right that the pros outweigh the cons. XO

6. Tammy Nelson
    February 28, 2018 / 9:26 am

I love this ! Two fantastic looks 🙂 You ladies have me thinking that I need to run out and find myself a pretty white tunic ASAP ~ I love your wedges Lisa ! Have a great day !

• February 28, 2018 / 3:14 pm

Thanks Tammy! This one is a great deal. It would be cute on you too. Tammy, you should give those wedges a try. I was surprised at how easy they were to walk in. Happy Wednesday XOXO

February 28, 2018 / 10:52 am

Awesome my friend! Can’t wait to see what we cook up for next time!
    See ya on snap, ha! You’ve created a monster!

• February 28, 2018 / 3:13 pm

I love it! Now I have another Snap buddy. (my daughter seems to have ditched me in the last few days, so I need it) XOXO

8. February 28, 2018 / 5:09 pm

So glad y’all did this again- you both look fabulous, and you know I love a good turquoise accessory! Eyelet will always have my heart- it’s so fun but pretty at the same time.

• February 28, 2018 / 8:10 pm

Thanks Allie! We’re going to try to make it more of a regular thing. It’s a cute blouse. I’d been wanting to try something from SheIn. There are a couple of dresses that are tempting me. Gingham of course. Hope your week is going well. XO

9. February 28, 2018 / 6:26 pm

You two! Beauties in gorgeous looks with the best top ever!

10. March 1, 2018 / 5:11 am

Eyelet reminds me of my childhood, too! You look so cute and ready for Spring in white! I’m waiting on my package from Shein to arrive any day now! Hope you’re having a great week!

• March 1, 2018 / 6:17 am

It’s so southern?. I think the things from SheIn come on a slow boat from China…LOL Can’t wait to see what you got! Happy Thursday friend! XO

11. March 1, 2018 / 9:47 am

This top is so cute!! I would love to see it as a dress, it would be so darling!

Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

• March 3, 2018 / 9:32 pm

Oh that would be adorable Brooke! Maybe they’ll come out with one like that. Great idea. Happy weekend! XO

12. March 1, 2018 / 5:07 pm

I loved that you two fabulous blondies did this collaboration together. Kellyann is one of my closest blogging friends too and we have pen-paled too. Actually join her and I this Sunday for our very first Sunday linkup together!

You both nailed your Spring-forward looks with that pretty eyelet top (I am eyeing it now too… do you think I need a S or a M; I am pretty busty too)?! I love and noticed that you both wore pretty and Summery turquoise jewelry and beautiful wedges. You both have great bodies so you two can totally rock these looks. Living in warmer weather states definitely helps too! It is 30 degrees here today as I type this, but it was close to 60 yesterday (right now we have about 5 inches of snow). Yep, Michigan weather.

Welcome by and join my special Celebration Thurday Moda today! It is a good one. 😉 Thank you and have a great weekend! Ada =)

• March 1, 2018 / 5:21 pm

Hi Ada! You are such a sweetie. Thanks for all the kind words. As far as the size of the top for you. I’m normally a small in tops and got a medium and so did Kellyann. We both wish we’d gotten larges so I think if I was you I’d maybe go with an L. Better to big than too small?

• March 1, 2018 / 5:55 pm

Thanks for letting me know about the size. I am a little busty but I am pretty small overall and I have lost weight lately too. Maybe a Medium?! Damn SheIn, their sizes are iffy.

P.S. You both look incredible!

• March 1, 2018 / 9:36 pm

I’m sure you could wear a medium, a large just may be more comfortable especially with picking up Vivian and such. That has to be totally up to you and personal preference. Good luck! 🙂

• March 1, 2018 / 9:38 pm

Thank you Anna. We have fun doing these together. Happy Friday Eve and thanks for reading and commenting. XO

13. Maria Kelly
    March 2, 2018 / 12:21 am

I really love this look – it’s so feminine and pretty! You both pull it off wonderfully! x

• March 3, 2018 / 9:30 pm

Thank you Maria! Eyelet is such a fun and feminine fabric. I can’t wait for it to warm up so I can actually wear it. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. XO

14. jess
    March 2, 2018 / 7:49 am

I LOVE this top on both of you pretty ladies! . I love that you are wearing sandals, those are some pretty espadrilles! I am a big fan of espadrilles and have a few pairs. the top is so feminine and pretty , i love the eyelett too! I havent ordered from shein as i am weary about the sizing too. I love white tops as they look so fresh and summery!
    looking great!!
    Happy weekend
    jess xx

• March 3, 2018 / 9:29 pm

Thanks so much Jess! We like doing these together and I’m pretty sure we’re going to make it a more regular thing. Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend! XO

15. March 2, 2018 / 9:46 am

What a cute eyelet top on both of you girls!
    I don’t think I would look good in this top because I’m very “chesty” and have a “Swimmer’s back” and would have a problem with the construction.
    That’s why I love honest reviews from women because we can make a formed decision based on your comments!

Have a great weekend!
    Robin

• March 3, 2018 / 9:28 pm

Thank you Robin! Kellyann says she’s “busty”, but that and the combo of a swimmers back (which I’m super familiar with because my daughter has that and we have a really hard time fitting her) probably would take this one out of the running. We all have things that make dressing a challenge, I think. I’m super short waisted and hippy, so it’s a challenge. It is great that we can all help each other and share our findings. Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend!!! XO

March 2, 2018 / 2:37 pm

I love your blogger collab and SheIn def. has some great items at affordable prices and the quality is pretty good, too! I love how you did a more casual look, that statement necklace is gorg with this top and I LOVE those comfy wedges! I just love eyelet, such a nice breathable material!!

• March 3, 2018 / 9:24 pm

We had fun doing this again. We’re going to make it more of a regular thing. I think once it warms up I’m really going to enjoy that top.

17. March 8, 2018 / 9:53 am

This eyelet top is so sweet! I really like it styled with the jeans, espadrilles, and bit of turquoise. Such a wonderful spring transitional look! I have a similar pair of espadrilles and cannot wait until it is warm enough to wear them again. 🙂 Thanks for linking up with Fabulous Friday, Lisa!

Jennie – A Pocketful of Polka Dots

• March 9, 2018 / 7:46 pm

Thanks Jennie! I can’t wait til’ it’s warm enough to wear the shirt. I was so cold the day I took these pictures. I’m ready for it to get warm and stay warm. Have a great weekend! XOXO