One of my [unexpected] favorite things to come out of blogging is the community and friendships. I never had any idea when I started what I thought was a hobby to fill my empty nest days would turn into such a blessing as far as people goes. Andrea from Living On Cloud Nine (which is by the way one of the most clever blog names EVER) and part of The Blended Blog is one of those very blessings. The girls of TBB are starting a monthly themed prompt and this month it’s based on summer.
I don’t know about you but if you happen to be a blogger it’s not always easy to come up with “content”. Some days it comes easy and some days I find myself thinking what on Earth am I going to share today? Anytime there is a prompt like today, I love it. Especially when it’s fun and let’s us get to know each other better. Even if you aren’t a blogger you can participate by leaving any or all the answers you care to share in the comments. Comments are like candy to bloggers. Sweet and satisfying.
So without me rambling any longer let’s see what my answers are to these questions.
1. Pool, lake or ocean? This one is interesting because I will describe my happy place as the beach, but I’d prefer to sun by the pool vs. on the sand. I do love being at the beach, but I guess I’m really a pool rat at heart.
2. Camping, Cottage or Hotel? Well if you’ve talked to me much at all you can probably tell I’m a happy camper when I’m in a nice hotel.
3. Favorite Ice Cream Flavor? Homemade Coffee Chocolate Chip
4. PJ’s, Nightgown, T-Shirt/Shorts or Birthday Suit? Well I can tell you the answer is definitely not birthday suit. I.just.can’t.do.that. I typically wear pj bottoms and a cami.
5. Fave Summer Beverage? Iced Tea
6. Would you rather be hot or cold? HOT…I’ll take heat over cold any day of the week except in the form of a flash. #hatethose
8. Shorts or skirts? Neither. I hate wearing shorts because my legs are short and I’m not a fan of skirts. I do love a good swing dress though.
9. Sit in the sun or the shade? Once upon a time I could sit in the sun all day for days on end, these days though my skin just can’t take it, but I still would prefer to be in the sun as much as possible. And YES, I use my sunscreen 😉
10. Water, tea or soda? I wish I could say water, but I’m going to be honest and say tea.
11. Fave summer fruit/vegetable? Oh that’s so hard. I love so many summer fruits and veggies but if I have to pick one…oh who am I kidding, I can’t play favorites.
12. Sunrise or sunset? Sunrise. I love mornings. Sorry all you night owls.
13. Bike ride or walk? I’m absolutely a walker.
14. Winery or brewery? Neither. We don’t drink and here we are living smack in the middle of wine country. We’re oddities for sure.
15. Garden or no garden? No garden, but maybe someday.
16. Big summer concert or music in the park? Big summer concert
17. Fave cookout food? Dessert…LOL
18. Dine indoors or patio? Usually indoors, but outdoors is fun.
19. Fave summer destination? Always the beach, refer to #1
20. Big theme park or local carnival? Big theme park. Our favorite is Busch Gardens, Williamsburg.
21. Drinks blended or on the rocks? I love a blended virgin drink.
22. Popsicle or freezie flavor of your choice? So freezie must be a regional term that I’m not familiar with but I love shaved ice and I’d always pick Blue Raspberry.
23. Hot dog or hamburger? Hamburger (wrapped in lettuce these days)
Now it’s your turn to share. If you are blogger link up with us over at The Blended Blog and if your not just share in the comments.
Did any of my responses surprise you? Do we have a lot in common or were you scratching your head and thinking, “seriously?”.
If you happened to follow on me on Instagram and saw my story then you know about our trip over the weekend. So happy to be home. Come back tomorrow for a recap.
Happy Monday friends!