One of my [unexpected] favorite things to come out of blogging is the community and friendships. I never had any idea when I started what I thought was a hobby to fill my empty nest days would turn into such a blessing as far as people goes. Andrea from Living On Cloud Nine (which is by the way one of the most clever blog names EVER) and part of The Blended Blog is one of those very blessings. The girls of TBB are starting a monthly themed prompt and this month it’s based on summer.
I don’t know about you but if you happen to be a blogger it’s not always easy to come up with “content”. Some days it comes easy and some days I find myself thinking what on Earth am I going to share today? Anytime there is a prompt like today, I love it. Especially when it’s fun and let’s us get to know each other better. Even if you aren’t a blogger you can participate by leaving any or all the answers you care to share in the comments. Comments are like candy to bloggers. Sweet and satisfying.
So without me rambling any longer let’s see what my answers are to these questions.
1. Pool, lake or ocean? This one is interesting because I will describe my happy place as the beach, but I’d prefer to sun by the pool vs. on the sand. I do love being at the beach, but I guess I’m really a pool rat at heart.
2. Camping, Cottage or Hotel? Well if you’ve talked to me much at all you can probably tell I’m a happy camper when I’m in a nice hotel.
3. Favorite Ice Cream Flavor? Homemade Coffee Chocolate Chip
4. PJ’s, Nightgown, T-Shirt/Shorts or Birthday Suit? Well I can tell you the answer is definitely not birthday suit. I.just.can’t.do.that. I typically wear pj bottoms and a cami.
5. Fave Summer Beverage? Iced Tea
6. Would you rather be hot or cold? HOT…I’ll take heat over cold any day of the week except in the form of a flash. #hatethose
7. Sandals with heels or flats? Flip flops or flat sandals
8. Shorts or skirts? Neither. I hate wearing shorts because my legs are short and I’m not a fan of skirts. I do love a good swing dress though.
9. Sit in the sun or the shade? Once upon a time I could sit in the sun all day for days on end, these days though my skin just can’t take it, but I still would prefer to be in the sun as much as possible. And YES, I use my sunscreen 😉
10. Water, tea or soda? I wish I could say water, but I’m going to be honest and say tea.
11. Fave summer fruit/vegetable? Oh that’s so hard. I love so many summer fruits and veggies but if I have to pick one…oh who am I kidding, I can’t play favorites.
12. Sunrise or sunset? Sunrise. I love mornings. Sorry all you night owls.
13. Bike ride or walk? I’m absolutely a walker.
14. Winery or brewery? Neither. We don’t drink and here we are living smack in the middle of wine country. We’re oddities for sure.
15. Garden or no garden? No garden, but maybe someday.
16. Big summer concert or music in the park? Big summer concert
17. Fave cookout food? Dessert…LOL
18. Dine indoors or patio? Usually indoors, but outdoors is fun.
19. Fave summer destination? Always the beach, refer to #1
20. Big theme park or local carnival? Big theme park. Our favorite is Busch Gardens, Williamsburg.
21. Drinks blended or on the rocks? I love a blended virgin drink.
22. Popsicle or freezie flavor of your choice? So freezie must be a regional term that I’m not familiar with but I love shaved ice and I’d always pick Blue Raspberry.
23. Hot dog or hamburger? Hamburger (wrapped in lettuce these days)
Now it’s your turn to share. If you are blogger link up with us over at The Blended Blog and if your not just share in the comments.
Did any of my responses surprise you? Do we have a lot in common or were you scratching your head and thinking, “seriously?”.
If you happened to follow on me on Instagram and saw my story then you know about our trip over the weekend. So happy to be home. Come back tomorrow for a recap.
Happy Monday friends!
Andrea Nine says
Well, you are just an absolute sweetheart and I am so very blessed to have met you in this bloggy world! I love all our similarities and I absolutely loved reading your answers, as many of them I guessed right about you! This girl likes your hamburger wrapped in lettuce these days to consider in my belly does not like the Bun! Let's sit by the pool and eat your coffee ice cream! Have a beautiful day my sweet sweet friend!
I can't think of anything that could be more fun than hanging by the pool and eating yummy ice cream with you. I bet we'd laugh our heads off. I'm hoping your week has started off with a bang and your managing to squeeze on those boys every chance you get. Can we please slow down the next week!?!? XOXO
Kellyann Rohr says
Oh, I loved reading your answers! I found it hard to respond to some because I fell somewhere in the middle, like the beach, pool, or lake. I love being at the beach but I'd rather swim in a clean pool. And while the idea of camping is nice and a cottage sounds lovely I'll take the amenities at a hotel any day! Participating in these questions was a lot of fun and a nice break from the regular post. Especially with going back to work this week, I'm about spent!And how about you blogging while you're away – such a professional, I am inspired!!! Hope whatever you're doing right now is super fun my friend!
I know exactly what you mean. It was hard to answer a handful. You give me waaaay to much credit. This post came at the perfect time. I did it as soon as I got the info and had it ready to publish this morning. And thank heavens. I'm so tired. We had quite the challenging travel weekend. Fun time, but getting there and home was not fun! Put your feet up this evening and recover from the first day back! XOXO
The Nelson Nook says
Happy Monday lady ! Love this Blended Blog Asks Summer Edition- I'm going to try and play along later tonight as so many errands to run today. Love visiting the beach too ! So much fun and I've learned so much about you ladies !! Andrea is awesome by the way one of my favorite bloggers too besides you 🙂
Aww, thank you Tammy! You are so sweet. That Andrea is such a doll! Love her. (& you?) Can't wait to read your answers later. I need to be running errands and getting groceries too. Maybe you'll inspire me. 🙂 Have a wonderful week!!!
We have lots in common…loved reading your answers! And I had never heard of a freezie either…maybe it's a snow cone?
Funny how so many things are "regional". I wish all my blogger friends lived near by so we could go to lunch!
A Gal Named Al says
Let's go for a long walk on the beach with our non-alcoholic drinks! Dessert is a fabulous cookout food- especially a trifle of some sort! Hope you've recovered from your travels!
Oh my gosh…I would totally love to do that!!! Maybe someday we'll have a big blogger meet up at a beach. That would be so fun! Happy Tuesday!
So many fun questions to answer, I think I might join in! We enjoy Busch Garden Williamsburg too. We took my husband for the first time last month and he says, "For such a little park they have a lot of stuff." And it's never too busy. We will miss it when we leave for sure!
You definitely should join in!!! BG is also one of the cleanest parks we've ever visited. (and if you love a good corn dog, go to the little place across from the clydesdale stables?) Have a great day Nicole!
We have so much in common! Sitting on the beach is my very favorite, but if I'm going to swim, the pool is calling my name!
So fun! I love the sand, but don't like to get dirty…I never let my kids play in sand boxes if I could keep from it…LOL Poor deprived children. 🙂
Queen In Between says
I'm so with you on choosing hot over cold! I love the beach and even though I'm not a morning person the sunrise is still my favorite….especially if I'm at the beach! And now I know how you stay so slim and trim..no alcohol. 🙂 That would probably help me out tons! Thanks so much for linking with TBB! I couldn't get my act together!
I missed getting to read your answers, but I'm sure there will be another opportunity?. I still get plenty of calories…I just prefer them at the end a meal in the form of chocolate…LOL. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!