Hating To See It End

I hope all my friends down in Texas are fairing okay with ol’ Harvey. According to Insta-stories and an email with one of my blogger friends (Hi Allie) schools been cancelled until next week. The amount of rain they are getting is crazy. I wish it would make it’s way over to California and share the love.

Here in Nashville we had a gorgeous weekend. The weather is unseasonably pleasant with cooler temps and  low humidity. Perfect for our little mini family reunion.

My brother and his boys (his wife and daughter had to stay home so my niece could cheer Friday night) arrived Friday about lunch time. While I went to school in Nashville my brother didn’t, but he and his wife did live here for a while after they were married so he has a lot of favorites from Nashville just like me. One we share is SATCO and he wanted his boys to experience it so we went there for lunch. Then we split up boys and girls and they did  boy stuff and Katie and I took my mom to do a little shopping.

Friday night we all went to dinner. It is just so hard to believe these two are gown ups. Where did my babies go?

My parents were so very happy to have almost all of us in one place. If Kent, Lorrie and Lauren had been with us it would have been just that much better.

My brother and I are very close. Not only in age, we are 13 1/2 months apart but also in relationship. We never knew life without the each other and have always been great champions for each other. I want to see Benny and Katie have this same kind of relationship and I think that’s where they are headed.❤️

I am also so incredibly lucky to be blessed with such a precious friend. We are going to have a great week. Paul is out of town and Kent’s at home, so we are having a “girls week” and doing whatever tickles our fancy. We’ve started trying to binge watch Scandal but I have a hard time staying awake…LOL

Saturday night I cooked dinner for everyone at Paul & Elizabeth’s house and we played cards. It was fun and relaxing and we got to visit and I didn’t take any pictures but Katie had this one of her and Brandon. Cousin love!

Rush has started at school and Katie is going through that. I’ll be happy when it’s all over for her.

These two are so sweet and it thrills my heart that they are so in love. Young love is the best.

I picked the perfect time to be in Tennessee. Apparently it and California have traded weather for this time of year for the week. Kent keeps telling me how hot it is over there and we’re having the best weather here.

My brother went home to Atlanta yesterday morning and my parents are leaving today and going down to spend a few days with his family before they head back home. Thankfully we’re getting ready to hit the Christmas ramp up season and we will all be together again for a visit.

I’m thinking about all of my Texas peeps and praying for safety. Hurricanes are really scary. We lived through Hurricane Irene in Richmond in 2011. Going to bed with no power, pitch black outside and the wind and rain coming down like crazy was a scary feeling. We didn’t know what we’d wake up to. There were trees down, school was out for a week and my parents were without power for 9 days. It was not fun.

Happy Monday friends!

• August 28, 2017 / 10:24 pm

For real…no humidity is awesome. The rain here is bringing plenty though, but I'll take it since it means I get to be in the south 😉

1. August 28, 2017 / 1:22 pm

I've been thinking about all your Texas friends this weekend, too! It was twelve years ago this week that Katrina hit. Alise was only four months old and even though we were not directly affected (we live in North Louisiana), it was still horrifying to watch. Scandal is a good show to binge watch, but somehow after around season four or five, Wayne and I fell off the band wagon! Enjoy your girls week! I'm gonna try and hook up with my Bestie in Bama this weekend myself!

• August 28, 2017 / 10:23 pm

It's weird…I can't decide if I like "Olivia" or not and the "President" gives me the heebie-geebies. I hope you get to have a girls weekend in Bama!!! XO

2. August 28, 2017 / 2:14 pm

Oooh I LOVE seeing all these smiling faces, I know your heart is soaring surrounded by sweet family! You look so rested! So worried for our Texas peeps! Lots of prayers for them and you when you journey home. xo

• August 28, 2017 / 10:21 pm

You're making me smile right now!!! We're having some rain here, but it's just piddly. Hope you're week is off to a great start my darling friend!

3. August 28, 2017 / 2:55 pm

It looks like you are having a blast! I hope one day you can show me around Nashville. Love you, friend!

whatsheexclaimed.blogspot.com

• August 28, 2017 / 10:19 pm

I am!!! And I hope one day you can stay with me here too. Ella looked so darling for her first day of KG. So excited!!! Can't wait to hear all about it. Love you too!!!

4. August 28, 2017 / 3:09 pm

I have been keeping up with Texas this week too. It's terrible. My heart goes out to everyone being affected directly by the hurricane and those further inland from the rain. We had our first hurricane last year and I felt the same as you. It's a weird eerie feeling in the darkness and wind.

• August 28, 2017 / 10:18 pm

Rain is bad enough but when it's like what they are experiencing and so many people being so terribly affected it's just awful.

5. August 28, 2017 / 3:49 pm

Ok I guess I'll take your travel jinx over a hurricane now! It is truly bizarre here- it has been raining non-stop since Friday morning with few breaks. Have fun on your girls week!

• August 28, 2017 / 10:15 pm

It's been drizzly here all day and looks like it's going to continue through the week into the weekend, but nothing like what you guys are dealing with. Enjoy the extra week of "summer"?

• August 28, 2017 / 8:22 pm

Thank you Regine! Happy Monday!

6. August 28, 2017 / 8:05 pm

What a wonderful vacation you are having!!! I have been binge watching series after series on Netflix and I'll tell ya what I am addicted! I am seriously spending so much time planning when I can watch it's insane.
    Yay for Katie and sorority rush – I am a Kappa Delta. Being in a sorority is such a great experience, I can't wait to hear what she pledges!
    I am so wishing I was in cooler weather. It has been rainy, hot and humid here. I feel like I am trapped in a ziploc bag, yuck!!!
    Enjoy yourself sweet friend!!!

• August 28, 2017 / 8:19 pm

What are binge watching? Maybe I need to watch it too. Since she's at a christian college they don't have national sororities and are technically called "social clubs" but are referred to on campus as sororities and fraternities. I was in one when I was in school there, but it's really small now and she wasn't interested in it. Fingers crossed it works out for her. Happy Monday!

• August 29, 2017 / 7:52 pm

Let's see, I have binge watched: The Fall, Gypsy, Stranger Things, American Horror Story, and currently my time is devoted to The Killing. I'll warn you they're all suspense/thriller type shows. You will probably change your opinion of me after watching them, hahaha!!!
      Yay for Katie, I think it sounds like fun!

• August 29, 2017 / 11:40 pm

Almost forgot Ozark and Black Mirror. Told you I'm addicted! lol

• August 30, 2017 / 2:13 am

You are cracking me up…maybe you need a binge watching support group. LOL! I love it.