Sometimes it’s just so hard to figure out what to post about, but not today. I actually had a fashion post all cued up this morning and ready to go for the 4th of July and then remembered this fun prompt from the girls over at The Blended Blog. So come back tomorrow and see what you’ll likely find me wearing for our July 4th celebrating, but for today read on and find out what my answers are to these questions.
Inquiring minds want to know…
1. Favorite animal – Giraffe
2. Wine or Beer – Neither
3. Socks on/off while sleeping – OFF…hello hot flashes
4. One piece or two piece swimsuit – Two piece in the form of a tankini. I can’t stand trying to pull down a wet suit when nature calls.
5. Cooking at home or eating out – Both. I love to cook and we love to eat out…especially now that we are usually empty nesters.
6. Pepsi or Coke – Diet Pepsi from a fountain with pellet ice (how’s that for detailed)
7. Regular or electric toothpaste – regular
8. Candy or chocolate – CHOCOLATE?. If there was ever a chocoholic on this planet, it’s this girl
9. Coffee or Tea – Hot coffee, iced tea
10. Music or talk radio – Music?. Country or Pop
11. Chic Flick, Action movie, or Documentary – Always a Chic Flick. (my poor husband)
12. Regular or mechanical pencil – mechanical
13. Swimming or laying out – I love to lay out and preferably by a pool with a good “summer read”.
14. Dog or cat – Dog, but we are an animal free home.
15. What do you drive? – A Chevy Traverse. I like a bigger vehicle that I sit up high in.
16. Early Bird or Night Owl? I’m an early bird for sure. Even on the weekend you’ll find me up enjoying the quiet of the morning all.by.myself.
17. If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life….refer to #8
18. While sleeping you’ll find my phone on my beside table on vibrate. With 2 kids not living in the same city (most of the time) I want it right by me in case they need me.
19. Singing in the shower – You just might find me quietly belting (like that even makes sense) out a tune every once in while in the shower, but more likely I’m talking to myself like a crazy person.
20. Oreo cookies must always be taken apart and eaten as 3 individual treats starting with the creamy center. #everyoneknowsthat?
So now you know what makes me tick. How about you? Feel free to answer an or all of these questions in the comments so I can find out more about you.
Happy Monday friends!
Now hop on over to The Blended Blog and see what some of my blog friends have to say about all of this.
Tara Usher @ Mommy in a Nutshell says
You are so cute! I agree with you on most of these except the Oreo. How is anyone not a dunker?!
Aw, Thanks Tara! LOL, the ability to decide how to eat an Oreo separates man from animal. wink, wink! Happy Monday sweet girl!!!
GURL!! Diet Pepsi?? Really??! But you redeemed yourself with the "no socks" comment! Ha! Seriously! Whoever thought up that question is obviously not going through peri-menopause! Have a great 4th of July weekend with your family and friends!
HAHAHA!!! That's probably the most controversial question out there. At one time I'd have probably said Diet Coke, but I converted. I've pretty much given it all up though these days. I haven't had A DP in almost 3 months. WHAT??? Happy 4th to you to my blonde headed blogging sister!
Andrea Nine says
So many more reasons to love you and lots more to have alike! I should have done this but vacay won but while the boys are walking the pier, I'm checking out my favorite girls! Chocolate, dogs, no socks all the way! Also a Country and pop girl. Right now we are on the beach listening to my husbands 4th of July mix, lol. Have the best holiday beautiful babe!
I hit your blog to see your answers?. You'll just have to share all this with us some other time. I'm so happy you are on the beach enjoying yourself and time with your adoring fan club. Have the best 4th friend!!! Can't wait for all the pics of your vacation. XOXO
Kellyann Rohr says
I'm with you all the way Lisa! I should have done this today and kept my other post for later in the week, it looks like fun!
I love having a post like this that's easy and pretty mindless 😉 You'll just have to do it another time!?
Trista @ The Classy Chaos says
Oh how fun! I'm sorry I missed this post opportunity. But I am all with you on some of these. Definitely no socks, chocolate all the way and I'm all about a good chick flick! Happy Monday!
It's fun to have posts like this. Not only to have a prompt, but to see what you have in common with blogger friends.
Brooke A says
I was nodding yes to so many of these!! I'm pretty sure were almost the same person, haha!
Pumps and Push-Ups
Well I'll take that any day of the week. You are just too cute!!!
A Gal Named Al says
So I don't like Oreos unless they're chopped up in a dessert (or if they're the flavored ones like the s'mores one). And I said I'm being kicked out of the club because I go to bed with socks on but usually end up taking them off in the middle of the night. However, I will never walk sock-footed through my house- that is probably my ultimate pet peeve! Have a great 4th!
I pretty much only eat them on Southwest flights…LOL..OR I do like the mini ones for some reason. I used to wear socks to bed and I wish I could just so I could moisturize my feet, but these days I have to wear as little clothes as possible. (but I can't sleep a'la nude. Sorry…TMI)
Dara @ Not In Jersey says
So funny how everyone agrees one pieces are too hard for the bathroom!
I know it! Happy 4th!!!
Shaunacey Bonneville says
thanks for linking up with the Blended Blog!!! I'm a chocolate lover too… but also candy… anything with sugar basically.
Enjoying a quiet morning sounds lovely… too bad my kids are up WAY too early for that lol
Thanks for hosting a fun link up! I'm a fan of all things sugar too! Hang in there, your day will come for kids sleeping?
Sheila DelCharco says
I love pellet ice!!! But o don't drink soda anymore. The best is soda water with lemon and pellet ice! Nice to meet you!
Hi Sheila! Thanks for reading and commenting. I haven't had a diet soda in so long. My husband loves soda water, but I'm not a fan…LOL. Yay that you like it. So much better for you!
Hi Lisa! So glad you joined up with The Blended Blog! Sounds like we have a lot in common – we're kind of empty nesters, although everyone is home for summer right now. Hope you had a great 4th of July holiday!
Hi Lana! Thanks for hosting. This was a great prompt. Our nest is 1/2 full for the summer so I know how that goes. Hope your week is going well!