Adding Micellar Water To My Nightly Routine

I don’t know about you but I have a love/hate relationship with my night time skin care routine. I love the results of having clean and healthy skin, but I hate the process most nights. If I don’t go upstairs and clean off my makeup and do my nightly routine pretty soon after dinner, there’s a good chance some of the steps will get left behind. I never go to be with my makeup on, but I do sometimes give it a quick cleaning and move on if I’m tired.

I’d seen a little bottle of Micellar Cleansing Water in the samples section on a trip to Target a while back and was a little intrigued. While I didn’t grab it that time, I did eventually purchase a bottle from Bed, Bath & Beyond and have been liking it. (this is not a sponsored post) I’ve been buying a lot of my cosmetics and toiletries at BB&B with coupons.

Y’all know I’m a Rodan + Fields girl through and through and use those products every day and love what they’ve done for my skin. But before I use my facial cleansing mask or Micro-dermabrasion Paste paste, I like to take off as much of my makeup as possible to keep from grinding it into my skin while cleansing.

That’s where the Micellar Cleansing Water comes in. I simply use two cotton rounds and wipe over my entire face and lips to remove as much makeup as possible.

Works like a charm and doesn’t leave any sticky residue on my face. I also use it after a workout sometimes if I’m not hopping right in the shower to freshen up my face as well and if I’m really exhausted this might be the only step along with my eye cream before crawling into bed.

As I was looking at images I noticed it comes in the form of a wipe. I think those would be great for travel, camping (or glamping?) or if you’re just too lazy to even squirt your own out of the bottle. Have you tried any of these types of cleansers?

I love to share my latest finds and find out other products I should try.

Happy Hump Day friends!

Lisa

❤️

1. July 19, 2017 / 2:47 pm

You have me intrigued! Never tried these. Oh and I LOVED your cold shoulder top yesterday; such a CUTE outfit!! Have a splendid day gorgeous!

• July 19, 2017 / 2:53 pm

Aw, thanks Andrea!!! Cute and comfy is the name of my game. Give this stuff a try. It's a great cheat. I went to Nordstrom Rack and got our friend Kellyann's recommended UD setting spray (but in a mattifying form) yesterday. Can't wait to try it out!!!

2. July 19, 2017 / 4:51 pm

I haven't used either of these. I have a different make up removing wipe that I use every night. I know I'm supposed to use my R&F twice a day, but I prefer to just use it every morning, as it's not as messy when I wash my face in the shower… plus I tend to get lazy in the evenings as well.

• July 19, 2017 / 5:18 pm

I only use my R+F once a day as well (except for my eye cream) If I happen to be using REVERSE and REDEFINE at the same time, then I do REVERSE/ a.m. and REDEFINE/p.m.

3. July 19, 2017 / 7:56 pm

I haven't tried this! I love products that are great at removing makeup, I feel like I have a hard time getting my eyeliner off!

Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

• July 20, 2017 / 4:53 am

There's also one specifically for waterproof products. That might be the answer your looking for. 🙂

4. July 20, 2017 / 1:51 am

Lisa, I swear you and I are on the same dang track! I use Micellar water every night and most days too after I work out and have showered. When it first came out I thought it was the silliest thing I'd ever heard of but I am on my 5th or 6th bottle now because it is amazing. I always use a Neutrogena make up wipe first and then wash my face. Then I use the Micellar water on a cotton round to remove any lingering make up. What a difference, my skin feels so super clean. You have beautiful skin so your routine is definitely working my friend!

• July 20, 2017 / 2:28 am

Oh Kellyann, you are just way to sweet! I just know one of these days we're going to get to meet and I.can't.wait!!! We'll just see if you feel that way when you see it in the flesh?. You look beautiful too my friend!!! XOXO

5. July 20, 2017 / 2:06 am

I'm the same, if I wait to long to do my nighttime routine, I skip half of the steps! I need to try this brand of micellar water!

Jill
    Doused In Pink

• July 20, 2017 / 2:25 am

I think so many of us feel the same…LOL. I like that this isn't sticky after I use it. Hope you like it if you try it…feel free to let me know?

6. July 20, 2017 / 4:02 am

Hmm…this looks interesting. I haven't tried it before but it sounds wonderful!

• July 20, 2017 / 4:52 am

Hi Lana! It's definitely great for those lazy nights or after working out, etc… Let me know if you try it and like it 🙂

7. July 20, 2017 / 12:12 pm

Definitely adding this to my cart next time! Thanks for the rec!

• July 20, 2017 / 3:10 pm

YAY! Let me know how you like it!