Weekend Wrap Up – Father’s Day Edition

Good Monday morning! I hope you had a great weekend. We did and we were super busy. Rather than boring you with all the details I’ll share an abbreviated version and hit the highlights. I started off my weekend by going to get my annual mammogram.

Happy to have that marked off my list. ✔️

Friday night we picked up another friend at the airport who’s coming to visit.  They are spending the first part of their visit at another friends and then coming to stay with us. These little girlies are just so stinkin’ cute. Little ones today know all about the selfie and are all too happy to make silly faces to send on Snapchat.

We celebrated Father’s Day all weekend.

Truer words never spoken.

I adore this picture of my dad when he was a little boy.

He grew up to be the most wonderful man and is the best father a girl could ask for. God blessed me beyond measure when he gave me to my parents. Thank you Mom and Dad for all you do and who you are. I love you more than you’ll ever know.

We missed having Benny around for our Father’s Day celebration, but were lucky to have Katie at home. We managed to surprise Kent with a couple of gifts.  Our friends have and echo and he’s quite intrigued with it so we got him one.

Macy’s / Amazon

Last week it was on sale so I got lucky. I’d say if you watch it will be again or you can always use a coupon at Macy’s and save a little.

We’ve been having a real heat wave. Yesterday we were out running around and the car thermometer got up to 107 degrees. Thankfully it’s not humid, but I’m here to tell that even with no humidity, 107 is HOT and it’s going to continue being in the upper 90’s and hitting triple digits all week. Thank heavens for good A/C!

Have a great week friends.

Lisa

❤️

Linking up with:

B Loved Boston / The Sirois Family

1. June 19, 2017 / 2:30 pm

You and your daddy are precious! And hello CUTE LBD!! I'm glad the men in your life had a great day and I'm proud of you for getting the ta ta's checked!! Stay cool my gorgeous love!!

• June 20, 2017 / 4:21 am

Aw, thanks Andrea! Daddy's are the best. That LBD was perfect for the heat on Sunday. I left it on all day and just changed shoes. Hope your week is off to a wonderful start!! XO

• June 20, 2017 / 4:19 am

We hooked it up this afternoon…it's AWESOME!!! Thanks. Have a great week!

2. June 19, 2017 / 4:28 pm

Woah. 107. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even step outside! Love the pictures! And it sounds like such an awesome weekend! Hope you have a good week!

• June 20, 2017 / 4:14 am

Thanks Trista! You have a great week too!

3. June 19, 2017 / 5:38 pm

Lisa I love all of your pictures! The one of you with your dad is so sweet. And those little girls are just adorable, isn't it funny how these little kids are growing up knowing all about selfies and snapchat? I swear they could teach me a thing or two.Love that dress you're wearing in the picture with Kent, you have great arms! Oops, almost forgot to mention the PSA about the mammogram. Good job we all need to be vigilant about our health. Have a fabulous week!

• June 20, 2017 / 4:13 am

Hey Kellyann! Thanks for all the sweet thoughts. Hope you had a great day!!

4. June 19, 2017 / 7:38 pm

I've been thinking about getting an Echo, too. Let me know if y'all like it or not. Those Girlies are too cute!

• June 20, 2017 / 4:04 am

We hooked it up this afternoon and it's AWESOME!!! I think we are going to really love it. They are cute and sweet. So fun! Happy Monday!

5. June 19, 2017 / 7:46 pm

Looks like a really great weekend! I hope your week is off to just as good of a start!

• June 20, 2017 / 4:02 am

Thanks Mary Leigh! You too!!

6. June 19, 2017 / 8:03 pm

Fun weekend! Ok, I am NOT saying Kent is old whatsoever when I tell you to Google "Saturday Night Live Amazon Echo" – it is so funny and reminds me of a couple of people in my family. I can't wait to hear more about that gift- I feel like I talk to my phone A LOT! Happy Monday!

• June 20, 2017 / 3:59 am

Oh my gosh…that is hilarious!!! I just watched it. I'll show Kent. What a hoot. We hooked it up this afternoon…it's AWESOME!

7. June 20, 2017 / 6:12 pm

107?! That is craziness! Stay in the AC! Looks like you had a nice Father's Day. The Echo is a great gift and I love your tip for getting at Macy's with a coupon!

• June 20, 2017 / 9:56 pm

Luckily for us it's dry heat and not accompanied by humidity, but we're definitely hiding out indoors. My husband will be the first to tell you, "she can work a coupon"…LOL