A Summer Time Favorite

There are certain things that are synonymous with summer. Sunshine,  swimming pools, strawberries, ice cream, picnics, backyard BBQ’s and fresh salsa.

This is a recipe I was introduced to by one of my besties, Dawn. She made this for us one time and we were immediate fans. Not only is it refreshing and delicious but it’s also healthy, fresh and low calorie. The clean and crisp combination of peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, corn, jalapeno and tart Granny Smith apple may sound like an unlikely marriage, but it’s a match made in salsa heaven.

You might describe it as a labor of love due to all the chopping, but believe me when I say it’s worth it.

If you live by the motto of “eat the rainbow” then this is going to be right up your alley.

Our favorite way to eat it is with some kind of tortilla chips.

But it’s also delicious on fish tacos.

This stores great in the refrigerator for about a week so it can be made ahead of time for a party.

Try this and let me know what you think.
Lisa
❤️

Linking up with
A Gal Named Al / The Blended Blog / Borm & Co. / Home of Malones

1. June 8, 2017 / 5:51 pm

Oh wow! That is a cool and unexpected combo of ingredients! I promised Robert I was going to make fresh salsa to have on hand each week- homemade is always nicer to have than jarred. Thanks for linking up!

• June 10, 2017 / 2:48 pm

It is a different combo, but definitely delish!!! Thanks for hosting!

2. June 8, 2017 / 6:49 pm

Thank your for sharing this Lisa! It looks so fresh and so SUMMER!! I'm def going to try it.

Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

• June 10, 2017 / 2:47 pm

I hope you do!!! We love it! (obviously?) Have a great weekend!

3. June 9, 2017 / 12:50 am

Yum!! Wayne isn't a fan of cucumbers, though. You think it would still taste as well without them?

• June 9, 2017 / 5:29 pm

Yes, it would still be delicious!!! Maybe throw in a green pepper? Have a great weekend!

4. June 9, 2017 / 6:23 pm

Mmmmmmmm…I love salsa. And margaritas. And guacamole. And chips. And this is why I find it so hard to lose weight in the Summer, this time of year just screams happy hours filled with all the yummy goodness!

• June 10, 2017 / 2:03 pm

It's crazy isn't it? The time of year when we wear the least amount of clothing is when we want to eat the most…LOL Oh well, here's to well "rounded" summers. ?