A Full Week

Well this will be my first full week at home in over 3 weeks. I wonder if it will seem super long? I’ll let you know on Friday. Sometimes nothing big has to happen to make a weekend great! Do you know what I mean? This was our first weekend back home in 3 weeks and we had Katie here with us which was fun.

She’s been hired for the summer to teach swim lessons at a new aquatic facility that has just been built a few miles from our house.  We went to the ribbon cutting Friday night and WOW, it’s gorgeous!!!

Here’s what I found really odd though…not a single lounge chair was to be found. WHAT??? I feel like one of those memes that would say something like…

Saturday we went for our typical walk and enjoyed having Katie along. We ran some errands which included Costco so we picked up a pack of filets to have for dinner. If you’ve never tried The Barefoot Contessa’s (Ina Garten) Steakhouse Steak recipe, you are missing out! Seriously, these steaks rival anything you could get at Ruth’s Chris and were a million times better than the steaks we had at Flemings.

We paired it with The Pioneer Woman’s Panzanella salad. Katie did most of the prep for this. It’s sure nice to have an extra pair of hands in the kitchen.

I used these 2 sourdough bread bowls I’d picked up at Trader Joe’s for the “croutons” or bread cubes and it was good, but I’ve made it in the past with chiabatta and that is definitely the way to go. YUM!

I’m thinking I should have named this post something to do with “food edition”.  Just let me tell you that if you are making any other brand of brownies other that Ghirardelli you are totally wasting all those calories. These are the best brownies ev-ah! We’ve been using them for years and I can’t imagine that changing. Katie and I both like to make them because we both like to leave a little extra in the bowl to eat. Soooo good!!!

Naturally in true blogger fashion I totally forgot the after pic, but you’ve seen a brownie before so I’m pretty sure you can fill in the blanks.

Sunday I didn’t think to take a single picture but that’s okay. I think that just might mean that I was present for the moments, at least that’s what I’m going to go with.

Happy Monday y’all! Hope you have a great week.

Lisa

❤️

1. May 22, 2017 / 3:37 pm

I love Ghiradelli brownies- especially the ones with the chocolate sauce on top! That'll be fun for Katie to work at the aquatic center! I'm adding Ina's steak recipe to my Pinterest board right now! I have a bunch of her recipes pinned that I still have yet to try- perfect summer time meal!

• May 22, 2017 / 3:43 pm

YES! and perfect for special occasions too. Have a great week!

2. May 22, 2017 / 9:28 pm

Oh you hit the nail on the head with those brownies, they are the bomb dot com, lol. Any my kids just rolled their eyes,ha! I want to sit in one of those cabanas at the aquatic facility all day long, looks like heaven! Have a super week!
    xoxo,

• May 23, 2017 / 12:20 am

HA! You're too funny Kellyann! Come on over to the left coast and we'll grab us a cabana, eat brownies, and chat all day!!!! 🙂

3. May 22, 2017 / 10:35 pm

I love that water park. How nice! And great for your daughter to be spending her summer working there. I swear kids have the best summer jobs these days!

• May 23, 2017 / 12:03 am

I'm crossing my fingers she can get me in for free…it's like $15/day…OUCH!

4. May 22, 2017 / 11:18 pm

And welcome home to you beautiful! You are such a ray of sunshine and I'd love to share a pan of brownies with you! Congrats to Katie!

• May 23, 2017 / 12:05 am

I'll bring the brownies and you bring the ice cream?. We'd have too much fun!!! Welcome home to you too. I'm sure all those men in your house were happy to see your sweet face walk through the door!

5. May 23, 2017 / 3:08 pm

Where are the lounge chairs? So odd! 😉 What a fun place for her to work this summer.

• May 23, 2017 / 3:22 pm

I know, right??? What the heck???