I love finding a new salad recipe. This is one I’ve been making for many years and you can make it to fit whatever your family likes. It’s super easy and really yummy.
Do you love [Costco] Rotisserie Chicken? I DO! I like to keep shredded rotisserie chicken in my freezer to make weeknight dinners easy. I especially like having it ready to go for salads, it makes it so quick and convenient. I’ll buy one whenever I’m at Costco and come home, pull it off the bone and divide between 2 containers to put in the freezer and then I’ve always got something I can use at the last minute.
Sometimes I’ll grill chicken or put a couple of breasts in a cast iron skillet to cook with some seasoning salt on them. That’s what I did this time. Let cool slightly and slice thinly or chop up.
Break up the Ramen noodles (discard flavor pouch) and add almonds. Put on a baking sheet and place in 350 degree oven to toast for 10 minutes until light golden brown.
Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine then add dressing and toss again.
This time I added Napa cabbage, Mandarin oranges, Craisins & shredded carrots.
Couldn’t be any easier.
Asian Chicken Salad
- 1 Bag Tri-Color Slaw Mix Add or substitute Napa Cabbage
- 1 Pkg Ramen Noodles (any flavor)
- 4 Green Onion, chopped/sliced
- 1 Small Pkg Sliced Almonds
- Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
- 1 Pkg Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix (make according to pkg instructions)
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 4 T Soy Sauce (I use reduced sodium)
- Mandarin Oranges
- Shredded Carrots
- On a sheet pan, break up Ramen noodles, add almonds and place in 350 degree oven to toast until golden, checking periodically. Alternately, you can do this on the stove top in a skillet as well.
- Mix dressing packet, sugar and soy sauce and set aside while assembling salad.
- Combine slaw mix, chicken, green onions, toasted noodles and almonds, and chicken in large salad bowl. Pour enough dressing to coat and mix well. Serve any remaining dressing on the side.