Black And White – The Always Trend

Yesterday as I was going through my email I received one that reminded me that black and white are always in style. They are The Always Trend.

I did a post a while ago on having black in your closet as a staple and showed two outfits that were the same with the exception of the outer layer.

Today I thought we’d look at some examples of black and white and how if you are lacking inspiration, you can always turn to these.

These are some great basic tops to have in your closet. With black and white basics you can’t go wrong. You can stick to a solid look, a mix or add a pop of color through your accessories.

Lush tunic // stripe tee // cross front blouse // white tee // lace peplum top

Same goes for your pants. A pair of basic black pants, leggings (not for everyone) and white pants give you a lot of versatility.

blackout leggings // white ankle pants // Spanx faux leather leggings // NYDJ white // black pants

These Wit and Wisdom are among some of my favorites.

Wit & Wisdom black jeans // Wit & Wisdom white jeans

Add a scarf, wrap or poncho with either black or white under neath or layer these with a color.

batik scarf/wrap // leopard scarf // knit scarf // buffalo check wrap // Lulla scarf

With good staples in your closet you have the makings of endless outfits. A lot of women talk about a wardrobe capsule with certain basics and black and white are always included.

Take a look in your closet and see what you have. I sometimes forget about pieces that I have. Do an inventory and then fill in the gaps.

Hope this helps!

Lisa

Linking up with Jo-Lynne for Fashion Friday.

• January 19, 2017 / 3:35 am

Me too Morgan…hahaha!

1. January 19, 2017 / 2:55 am

Suggestions please! I have asked this of many fashion bloggers and never get a response. What is the best way to wash black pants and black jeans? I use a detergent for dark colors and mine still fade and get white marks. Ideas?

• January 19, 2017 / 3:06 am

Hi Al (Allie?) I'm going to assume you are using cold water? I am by no means an expert and try to wash mine as little as possible. It kind of seems like it's inevitable that the dog on things fade. Turn them inside out to wash and only dry for 5-10 minutes and then hang them. That's what I'd suggest? Good luck and let me know how it goes??

• January 19, 2017 / 3:47 am

Finally!!! I knew I had read Allie somewhere…duh, you're profile right on your blog…what an idiot I am?

• January 19, 2017 / 3:55 am

Perfect! Thank you I'm going to try this next go around!

2. January 19, 2017 / 2:04 pm

Great post! I love the look of black and white together.

• January 19, 2017 / 2:21 pm

THANK YOU, Jenny!!!

• January 21, 2017 / 6:24 pm

Thanks Abby. Without even thinking about it, I realized later in the day on Thursday I had on all black and white…LOL. It's a "go to" for sure?. Have a great weekend!!!