Merry Christmas Eve my friends!
Are you still looking for a quick cookie that looks like you spent hours making?
These will fit the bill.
These cookies pack a lot of punch. You know how it is when you see a beautiful cookie and can’t wait to taste it only to be disappointed? Well, these will not leave you feeling that like that. These cookies are soft, chewy and delicious.
Here’s a picture tutorial and the recipe is all written out together at the end of the post.
Cream butter and sugar. Add molasses and egg and beat lightly.
Mix in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
Chill at least 1 hour.
Using a tablespoon scoop, scoop out cookies.
Roll into balls.
Place on cookie sheet.
Roll in sugar.
Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass.
Merry Christmas to each and every one of you!!!
White Chocolate Dipped Molasses Cookies
- 1 C Sugar
- 1/2 C Butter, softened
- 1/4 C Sorghum Molasses or regular molasses if you can't find Sorghum
- 1 Egg
- 2 C A-P Flour
- 2 t Baking Soda
- 1 t Cinnamon
- 1/2 t Ginger
- 1/2 t Salt
White Chocolate Dip
- 1 bag White Chocolate Chips
- 2 T shortening
- Green & Red candy melts
- Cream butter and sugar
- Add molasses and egg and beat lightly
- Mix in dry ingredients
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Use a small cookie scoop and then roll into balls, roll in sugar and place on cookie sheet
- Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass
- Bake at 350° for 6 minutes until cookies appear cracked on top
- Remove from pan and allow to cool
White Chocolate Dip
- Combine bag of white chocolate chips and 2T shortening and heat on high for 30 second intervals, stirring after each 30 seconds to mix and melt
- Dip half of each cookie in white chocolate and lightly wipe back of cookie on side of bowl. Place on wax paper to set up
- Place a small amount of Wilton candy melts in small ziploc bag and melt in microwave, checking frequently to keep from getting too hot
- Snip off corner of bag to decorate cookies