It’s a link up…YAY for link ups!!!
Today I’m hitching my blog wagon to Andrea from Momfessionals and Erika from A Little Bit of Everything for their monthly “Let’s Talk” series.
Today it’s ALL THINGS BEAUTY.
I’ve tried to link to as many products as possible, so if you see something written in green and click it, it will take you to that product.
So I’m surprisingly low maintenance when it comes to beauty routines. It’s only been in the last year that I really started taking my skin care routine serious.
I won an eye cream from a friend who sells Rodan + Fields. I started using it and just fell in love with the way it felt on my skin so I decided to try some other products and loved them too. That lead to me becoming a consultant for them…so if you are looking for a good skin care line, I’m your girl.
Click here to go to my website.
So having said all of that, here’s what my skin care looks like.
I use the REVERSE in the morning to get rid of sun damage (I already went through the entire regimen once and now Im’ using this Accelerator Pack). I also use the eye cream in the morning. This Multi-function Eye Cream is truly one of the products that SOLD me on this line of skin care. See the Micro-Dermabrasion Paste and the Night Renewing Serum? Those are my other two favorites. I’m here to tell you that the micro paste absolutely makes your skin so soft and then once you put the night renewing serum on, it feels like velvet, (the little blue bullets of liquid gold…L♥VE this stuff!).
So at night I use the REDEFINE line along with eye cream again. On Monday, Wednesday & Friday’s I use the paste instead of the mask, followed by the toner, Night Renewing Serum, Overnight Restorative Cream and of course my favorite, the eye cream. It sounds like a lot of work, but it really isn’t. It’s just a few minutes and if I can turn back the hands of time and keep things from getting out of control, then I’m all for a few extra minutes. (Just do it before you get tired…other wise I get #lazy)
My make up routine is really low key. I’m not one of these girls who spends a ton of money on makeup.
Here are the products I use daily and the order in which I apply them.
1. Avon Magix Skin Perfector – I have an oily T-zone and this has a mattifying quality plus built in SPF20…love that. I’ve been using it for years and it really does the trick.
2. Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser in the Brightener shade. I apply it under my eyes in the shape of a triangles #thinkbutterflywings. I also put it on my eyelids and lips.
3. Lancome Dual Finish pressed powder. I started using this in college because one of my roommates used it and I liked it #borrowed. It can be used with a wet sponge or dry with a brush depending on the amount of coverage you want. I went through a phase of using an actual foundation for a couple of years but came back to this. I use it dry because I prefer a more natural look.
4. Bronzer – I’ve been using this one I get at Ulta for several years and it gives me just the slightest bit of color so I don’t look like I’m actually wearing bronzer #fooledya’ It last forever and when I checked their website they didn’t have it, but I did find it here on Amazon.
5. Cover Girl Blush in Rose Silk – for so many years I used a Lancome blush and then it was discontinued…story of my life. A lot of blushes contain a certain dye in them that breaks me out, so once I find one that doesn’t, I stick with it. This gives you just the right amount of glow without being too much.
6. Maybelline Eye Liner – this is hit or miss depending on my mood and if I’m in a rush. I put a thin line right at my lash line just on my upper lid then put eye shadow over it so it’s extremely subtle. Again, I go for a more natural look with my make up.
7. Revlon Shadow Links – Oyster and Sand are the colors I’m using. Neutrals, I know…you’re shocked. These are sold individually and you can “link” them together. Pretty smart.
8. Loreal Double Extend Lash Mascara – This mascara has been a favorite of mine for longer than I can remember. Not only do I like the way it makes my lashes look, I love that I can sleep in it and it doesn’t come off on my pillow. When I shower the next day, it literally just pulls right off your lashes. I can’t stand to be without my mascara and this mascara ensures I can have it on pretty much 24/7.
My brushes are some I picked up at TJ Maxx and they do the trick. I’ve had more expensive brushes in the past, but these are just as good.
And I forgot to include this little guy in the picture.
My latest addition of a blender sponge. They are available in all price points but I’m not really sure why you’d need to buy an expensive one. You wet it, squeeze out the excess water and blend away. Works great!
Lipstick…I find one I like and wear it for years, and then it’s discontinued and I have to find a new one. (Insert alligator tears here)
My current ones I’m trying are these
I sometimes wear the lighter shade alone when I want to stick with my more neutral/natural look, but when I want a little more color I’ll add the brighter shade.
This is my favorite perfume! I like floral scents. Unfortunately I’m a perfume sponge. I put it on and it seems like in about 20 minutes you can’t smell it, but that doesn’t stop me.
The last crucial part of my beauty routine…hahaha, is my hair. I. have. a. TON!!!!
I wash it everyday (except occasionaly I don’t on Sunday’s to give it a break) because I get all gross when I “super glisten” working out. 😉
I grew up in a house FULL of shampoo, conditioner, mousse, gel, hairspray, and any other product you can come up with. You name it, we had it because my mom had a salon in our house.
So you’d think I would be persnickety about my hair products. Well…guess what? I’m not. I use whatever kind of shampoo I feel like getting and mousse from Target or where ever I am when I need it.
After I blow dry my hair I always run a straightener through it and put it up on these velcro rollers for a few minutes. It adds volume,which I need because my face is long and thin.
This is my favorite hairbrush (going to spare you seeing mine because hairbrushes look…well let’s face it, hairy)
So in a not so small nutshell, there you have it. There’s nothing glamorous about it, but it works for me and hey, isn’t that what we’re all after?
Happy Monday! Hope your week starts out great!!